Votes: 21 22.3%
  • 50 to 59

Votes: 25 26.6%
  • 60 to 69

Votes: 17 18.1%
  • 70 to 79

Votes: 2 2.1%

• Total voters
You just get more bitter and jaded with age. I’m shocked how much I’ve changed in the last decade....especially towards politics. Was so naive back then.
Haha. I always knew that the vast majority of politicians were untrustworthy, only out for number one, incapable of reasonable long-range budget management and generally bad for the average citizen. Time has helped me narrow down how each party applies those policies differently.

When I am on two legs, I am 78. One of those legs reminds me from time to time.

When I am on two wheels, I am 28, with eyesight and reflexes to match ... but I do not challenge my abilities.

It has been too long since I last crossed a provincial border,
or even a state line for that matter. I must address that situation this spring.

Salos Dafee
Good to hear you're still with us. It's been over a year since your last post and I thought we'd lost you.

You just get more bitter and jaded with age.
Makes sense, you're 1 step closer to the grave, you've experienced more living and discovered its just a one big **** sandwich, your body hurts more and your penis dont work well

The fountain of youth is irrational optimism

Makes sense, you're 1 step closer to the grave, you've experienced more living and discovered its just a one big **** sandwich, your body hurts more and your penis dont work well

Speak for yourself there buckaroo.
?

Youth is wasted on the young as they say.

Pull yourself up by the bootsraps
Less avocado toast
Too many lattes ... those $5 lattes are preventing you from saving 200k down payment
Something something save
lattes...facts

i despise avocado.

Pull yourself up by the bootsraps
Less avocado toast
Too many lattes ... those $5 lattes are preventing you from saving 200k down payment
Something something save

my kid in fort albany who makes 100k as a dental hygienist did it!
You should buy fewer cars!

Something something save
Sat down with a former co-worker a couple years ago... figured out they were spending between $90-130 PER WEEK on Lattes and specialty coffees.
They had no idea that 20% of their take home pay was being spent on coffee. They rolled it back to 1 per day. 6 months later, fancy vacation, year after that, downpayment on new car...

So, yes, a crazy coffee habit *CAN* prevent you from saving a downpayment on a car/house/whatever.

Sat down with a former co-worker a couple years ago... figured out they were spending between $90-130 PER WEEK on Lattes and specialty coffees.
They had no idea that 20% of their take home pay was being spent on coffee. They rolled it back to 1 per day. 6 months later, fancy vacation, year after that, downpayment on new car...

So, yes, a crazy coffee habit *CAN* prevent you from saving a downpayment on a car/house/whatever.

Pre-Covid I worked in the core, and going for a coffee/latte/espresso was a common thing to do on a break. It was a 'cheap' purpose/reason to get out of the office, but it adds up rapidly. I don't think I had spent $90-$130 a week, but I was probably spending about $100-150 a month.

Now, the real killer is lunch. Big temptation to go down to the food courts to get lunch - gets you out of the office for some social time and you eat hot/fresh food. $20 a meal generally though - so... $100 a week. $400 a month.

If you're a coffee/lunch guy you're spending $500 a month.

If you can afford it, I don't judge. But if you're on a budget, then this is one of the areas that you ought to consider cutting back on.

And the really bad part is putting all that stuff on a credit card.

And the really bad part is putting all that stuff on a credit card.
Unless you're smart about it - which, unfortunately, most people aren't.
Me, I use a credit card for almost everything - collect travel rewards. Plan is to use them in about 2 years for a trip to Australia.

Buy stuff on card. Pay it off next pay cheque. Repeat. Never pay any interest due to the regular pay downs. Ends up being a win for me in the end... and very long term and slow win, but a win nonetheless.

Back
Top Bottom