Votes: 21 22.3%
  • 50 to 59

Votes: 25 26.6%
  • 60 to 69

Votes: 17 18.1%
  • 70 to 79

Votes: 2 2.1%

• Total voters
Bah. Gotta figure out how to change that.

Multiple votes are allowed? How long we have been on the earth and how old we feel?

EDIT:
I like Xhumekas interpretation better.

Neat poll, but duplicating years shouldn't happen. I could choose 40-50 or 50-60, being 50 years old.
Should be 16-19, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49 etc etc.

Neat poll, but duplicating years shouldn't happen. I could choose 40-50 or 50-60, being 50 years old.
Should be 16-19, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49 etc etc.
Ya. I screwed it up. It will still give us an idea.

born in 62'

41 is knocking on my door....

if I didn’t have the 40th bash does that mean I stay 40 for another year?

my brain feels 20 and my lower back 60....

41 is knocking on my door....

if I didn’t have the 40th bash does that mean I stay 40 for another year?

my brain feels 20 and my lower back 60....

core strengthening exercises and leg stretches my guy

core strengthening exercises and leg stretches my guy
I’m done with the PPL going into a new routine Monday. Suggestions? Hoping to find something I can do at lunch so 3 exercises per body part?

Oh, and 68 on this Saturday. Feel like 50.

Numbers are meaningless youngster. How much was an ice cream cone when you were growing up?

6 cents for a single scoop and 10 cents for a double for me.

And Happy Birthday for Saturday as I'll probably forget by then. Been doing a bit of that lately.

I've hit the Biblical three score and twelve so living at God's mercy.

I’m done with the PPL going into a new routine Monday. Suggestions? Hoping to find something I can do at lunch so 3 exercises per body part?
Strength training is hard to do over lunch, but stretches are def do-able
I used to suffer from intense lower backpain years ago, but have been pain/problem free for a while now*fingers crossed*
(mostly due to stretches that I learned in a yoga course or some that I just kind of invented)

I found with lower back pain its really hard to find any good stretches, its like one of those areas that you can fix by working on the surrounding muscles indirectly, instead of trying to focus on the on the lower back. (terrorism and crime work the same way)

So heres what I do, and it works really well for me, instead of trying to find ways to stretch the lower back, I stretch all the large muscle groups surrounding it (think hamstrings, glutes, calves, even quads)

Every muscle group is connected, so often a stretch in one area will provide relief in other more difficult to work with areas of the body, some of these are easier to do, and you can do them quickly anywhere(at work, the gym etc) others are more complex and require privacy and time(at home)

This is one of my favorite ones, its great for lower back pain, its easy to do, you can do it quick, at work etc, it stretches the hamstrings and glutes and provides instant and immediate relief. Here you stand up straight, stick one leg out(lets say the left leg) and place it flat on the floor ahead of you, then without bending your knees(or if its impossible to do without bending your knees, try to bend as little as possible), bend at the waist, and try to touch the ground near your left foot with your left hand (almost as if your trying to pick something up off the floor near your foot)

You can do little reps while you're down there to stretch a little further(try touching the ground with your middle finger, then pinky finger, then your knuckles etc as you go deeper in your stretch)
In addition to the little reps, you can hold that stretch in place for 10 seconds at a time and you can actually feel your muscles/ligaments stretching

For illustrative purposes I have included this sketch from a sideways perspective:

This one I also REALLY like, but for this one you need privacy and time(so only do able at home, you also need really lose clothing or no clothing at all )
I like to go a little further than them, and bring my head down to the extended knee, its really powerful, and basically frees up your ENTIRE lower body(where all your large muscles are)

Its gotten to the point that my body is physically addicted, the injuries are gone, the pain is gone, and I need the stretches more than I need coffee, if I go 1-2 weeks without any stretching my body starts feeling weird, its the body's way of communicating to me that I need stretching soon or risk injury.

When you start out doing any of these, start slow, and slowly increase your range of movement/flexibility to prevent injury

There's a few more that I really like to do, but as you can see, my illustration skills arent up to par, if you want to know more hit my DMs up

#edit Also I find most of the stuff on the internet useless, most of the really effective postures or stretches are either legit postures I learned from a pro instructor, or had to learn through trial and error on my own.

Back
Top Bottom