• 50 to 59

Votes: 25 26.6%
  • 60 to 69

Votes: 17 18.1%
  • 70 to 79

Votes: 2 2.1%

• Total voters
Thanks @bigpoppa every time I go for a massage or chiro it’s the same comment

‘we can see you workout, but do you stretch? Because your muscles are wound up into a ball. How do you even walk?’

I need to get into stretching more. Back is hurting a bit but I can stretch during the day a few min here or there between meetings.

Thanks @bigpoppa every time I go for a massage or chiro it’s the same comment

‘we can see you workout, but do you stretch? Because your muscles are wound up into a ball. How do you even walk?’

I need to get into stretching more. Back is hurting a bit but I can stretch during the day a few min here or there between meetings.
honestly when I did more repetitive physical work, I tried massage/chiro, but with good stretching, you end up replacing all that

Numbers are meaningless youngster. How much was an ice cream cone when you were growing up?

6 cents for a single scoop and 10 cents for a double for me.
My first pack of butts was 37 cents in '66.....lol.

1cent bazooka joe bubble gum, with the cartoon wrapper

I remember when popsicles went from 5 cents up to 7.
My parents had a "party line" phone. Probably not what you young guys think it is.
24 of beer under 8$. An ounce of homegrown was $25 and the good stuff $50

I remember when popsicles went from 5 cents up to 7.
My parents had a "party line" phone. Probably not what you young guys think it is.
24 of beer under 8$. An ounce of homegrown was $25 and the good stuff $50

When my mother had to work late she left money so my brother and I could buy dinner. She left a dollar and that bought two orders of fish and chips at 45 cents each. And yeah we each got a popsicle for dessert.

A long distance phone call required a meeting first because of the cost.

The party line our phone was on, as we still had the old push the button and crank to call the operator. i still remember our number. it was 85-4 three long and one short

My mother quit before that. She refused to pay 34 cents a pack.
That was me. Quit around 2004. Price went from 6.95 to 8.10. Now I see it’s over 15 at some gas stations??? Crazy.

Growing up - We had a party-line phone, rotary dial, the wall-mount kind in the hallway next to the kitchen. Your radius of where you could be while talking on the phone was the length of the cable. We had two televisions - one black-and-white rabbit-ears, one RCA colour TV that was built into a case to make it look like a piece of furniture, and that was connected to an antenna tower outside.

House is still there, although the trees that I helped my dad plant alongside the house are now so big that you can't see the house from the road unless you are looking straight up the driveway.

The 10 acre property is now split in three parts, there's two more houses on what to us was the back field. They levelled out our tobogganing hill, that's beside one of the new houses.

The surrounding roads used to be all gravel. They're now all paved.

I remember when I started driving around 1996.....49.9c/L was a good day. .52/L and you lost your ****. Highway robbery!
When I first went to Edmonton it was 22 cents in Ontario and only 11 in the chuk. Late 70s. I can remember $4.80 for a 24 of beer, but that was before I was legal. I think it was $5.20 by then.

Pretty sure i remember filling my Dad's Biscayne for 23 cents/ gall back in 69. And with a fill-up at Esso, you got a tiger tail.

When I started driving, gas was $0.50 per GALLON. Imperial GALLON.
When I started smoking a large pack was about $0.50, I paid $17.60 for large pack last week.

$0.23/gal in 1969? I don't think so... more like $0.35. Gas hit $0.30 (US) in 1960.
I remember $0.33/gal. It cost a nickle to fill my mini bike, which would last an afternoon.

Back
Top Bottom