Y'all might want to keep an eye out for change of plans. Stealth Covid BA.2 | Page 17 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Y'all might want to keep an eye out for change of plans. Stealth Covid BA.2

"More research is needed to determine what exactly the neutralizing antibody levels mean for vaccine effectiveness and whether similar findings would emerge among a larger group of participants."

There’s 3 main strains of flu.. how many COVID-19 variants have we had just in 2+ years?
Covid variants are different than influenza afaik -
Viral infections cause both COVID-19 and the flu. But COVID-19 is due to the SARS-CoV-2 virus, and flu is from influenza A and B viruses.
1655978558580.png
good article

So Covid is a single virus with variants.
Flu comprises two viruses with variants

In real world not sure how much that counts but I'm sure for the vax companies it complicates things.
Covid seems to evolve a new variant faster but .....hey stay tuned....Fat Lady may retire...

"More research is needed to determine what exactly the neutralizing antibody levels mean for vaccine effectiveness and whether similar findings would emerge among a larger group of participants."
and??
That's just boiler plate .....what do you think it implies? 🍿

••••••

Why the timing of your next COVID shot is so important​

• Waning immunity and rise of new Omicron subvariants threatens future surge

adam-miller.JPG

Adam Miller · CBC News · Posted: Jun 23, 2022 4:00 AM ET | Last Updated: 2 hours ago

Last edited:
Covid variants are different than influenza afaik -

View attachment 55979
good article

So Covid is a single virus with variants.
Flu comprises two viruses with variants

In real world not sure how much that counts but I'm sure for the vax companies it complicates things.
Covid seems to evolve a new variant faster but .....hey stay tuned....Fat Lady may retire...

and??
That's just boiler plate .....what do you think it implies? 🍿

••••••

Why the timing of your next COVID shot is so important​

• Waning immunity and rise of new Omicron subvariants threatens future surge

adam-miller.JPG

Adam Miller · CBC News · Posted: Jun 23, 2022 4:00 AM ET | Last Updated: 2 hours ago

The boiler plate implies that the science isn't settled, and they don't know if the results have significance.

Here's another quote from your articles:
' "If your goal is to prevent infection, we're just gonna have to keep boosting forever," Gommeman said. "But if the goal is to protect the vulnerable, then we've already been doing that."

Gommerman said she would not get a fourth dose unless she knew there was a compelling public health reason to do so — like if COVID levels were surging, vulnerable groups were at risk and the timeframe lined up against waning immunity against infection. '

Here's a quote from the NIH:
"Antibodies and T cells protect against SARS-CoV-2"

What's going on with T cells in all this?

I wonder if the government will ever do a mask effectiveness study for primary school children, but I highly doubt it.

Science is never "settled" ..it is ALWAYS open to challenge and new interpretations as new data is accumulated. They are still testing Einstein and Darwin.

Sounds like you are just searching for reasons not to take heed of the warnings by focusing on boilerplate which will turn up in any serious science article.
Your comment is right out of the AGW isn't real playbook. :rolleyes:

If cases rise against and there's more strain on the healthcare system we'll see more and more restrictions coming back.

Mask mandates
Lockdowns
Additional boosters
and WFH returning

This cycle will never end.

If the next strain is 10, 100, or 1000x more lethal...I expect vaccination rates to skyrocket. The only reason people were resistant with the first few variants is because of the 'it's just a cold' mentality.

People start dying more often, quicker, younger, and healthier...that whole 'you can't force me' will go out the window and people will be fighting for a spot to get a jab.

If cases rise against and there's more strain on the healthcare system we'll see more and more restrictions coming back.

Mask mandates
Lockdowns
Additional boosters
and WFH returning

This cycle will never end.

If the next strain is 10, 100, or 1000x more lethal...I expect vaccination rates to skyrocket. The only reason people were resistant with the first few variants is because of the 'it's just a cold' mentality.

People start dying more often, quicker, younger, and healthier...that whole 'you can't force me' will go out the window and people will be fighting for a spot to get a jab.
I remember trying to get vaccinated when I was first able to (met the min requirements), it was tough as demand far outstripped supply. That normalized eventually.
And to add, when H1N1 hit we tried to get vaccinated and ended up getting it (entire family) before we could get in.

Last edited:
Was at an event that required masks at all times, unless you were drinking. Is there a polite way to ask someone to pull their mask up from their chin, and stop coughing, or do you passive-aggressively snap a picture so that people know who killed you, if you happen to die of covid, the way I did?

q35DImD.jpeg

Was at an event that required masks at all times, unless you were drinking. Is there a polite way to ask someone to pull their mask up from their chin, and stop coughing, or do you passive-aggressively snap a picture so that people know who killed you, if you happen to die of covid, the way I did?

q35DImD.jpeg
Welcome to my world. Where people are just disgusting and lack basic hygiene skills or consideration.

I was at a big corp event on Wed, I was 1 of 2 people masked. All servers not masked. And I observed the head server rub her nose into her hand then go over to the bar and pick up glasses etc. Not once but twice. I'm sure there was no cleaning of hands at some point. And several other servers similarly rubbing noses with bare hands. Several patrons also coughing into there hands.
People don't get it!

The only thing you can do is stay at a distance from these people.

a new variant with 10x lethality would certainly prove "entertaining" :eek:
It would certainly be good for our planet. Way too overpopulated to be sustainable. Obviously we can't target leading nations in population growth to die as that would be racist. I don't think there is a victim card yet for old people so let's just have the boomer gen all die off. at this point most are retired and just leaches on our society anyway. :)

It would certainly be good for our planet. Way too overpopulated to be sustainable. Obviously we can't target leading nations in population growth to die as that would be racist. I don't think there is a victim card yet for old people so let's just have the boomer gen all die off. at this point most are retired and just leaches on our society anyway. :)
Maybe the 'pragmatic' types who've decided that x number of deaths are a good thing should consider if they're willing to lead by example? After all, it's easy to hand wave millions dead in an abstract distant country as a good thing, but one person is one person, so they all count, no?

fat lady is MIA
Record number of COVID-19 hit Australians in hospital as Omicron surges

A health worker administers a test for coronavirus disease (COVID-19) on a member of the public at the Bondi Beach drive-through testing centre during a COVID-19 outbreak lockdown in Sydney, Australia, Oct 5, 2021. (File photo: REUTERS/Loren Elliott)
25 Jul 2022 01:26PM

(Updated: 25 Jul 2022 01:27PM)

fat lady is MIA

I'm concerned about our situation here in November as we may have relatives coming from New Zealand. Four months and a season away so predictions are based on dice. I don't see the lockdowns we had in the first wave coming back.

I don't either ....but look for mask mandates tightening and testing ....long covid is still terra incognita...
We might get lockdowns in Aus tho.

Welcome to my world. Where people are just disgusting and lack basic hygiene skills or consideration.

I was at a big corp event on Wed, I was 1 of 2 people masked. All servers not masked. And I observed the head server rub her nose into her hand then go over to the bar and pick up glasses etc. Not once but twice. I'm sure there was no cleaning of hands at some point. And several other servers similarly rubbing noses with bare hands. Several patrons also coughing into there hands.
People don't get it!

The only thing you can do is stay at a distance from these people.

Really grinds my gears when the person checking me out at a store coughs into their hands or rub their face right before handing me something or touch my stuff. Also if you watch people at the gym the number of people that rub their eyes/face with their dirty hands its no wonder it spreads so easily.

Got my fourth shot about a week and a half ago. Pfizer - previous 3 were Moderna.

Absolutely zero side effects, not even the sore arm this time.

Yeah, there's some question on how much effect the current (original) formulation has on the newest variants, but there's some stats to prove that there's likely still some benefits, if only short term. So, it seems like there was absolutely nothing to lose.

Life goes on.

Got my fourth shot about a week and a half ago. Pfizer - previous 3 were Moderna.

Absolutely zero side effects, not even the sore arm this time.

Yeah, there's some question on how much effect the current (original) formulation has on the newest variants, but there's some stats to prove that there's likely still some benefits, if only short term. So, it seems like there was absolutely nothing to lose.

Life goes on.
Good on you mate! I'm going to get my elderly mom to get the 4th and will probably get my 3rd before the crazy autumn rush starts.

Back
Top Bottom