Y'all might want to keep an eye out for change of plans. Stealth Covid BA.2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Y'all might want to keep an eye out for change of plans. Stealth Covid BA.2

MacDoc

Site Supporter
This is not good

And already has a head of steam.....74 countries and rising,.....

This is not good

Too early for real data yet but I saw this the other day. Virologists have warned that viruses don’t necessarily get weaker as they evolve, they can pivot the opposite way. It’s chance/random.

Too early for real data yet but I saw this the other day. Virologists have warned that viruses don’t necessarily get weaker as they evolve, they can pivot the opposite way. It’s chance/random.

Ahhh…Denmark. Well….that’s not good considering what they just did.

3 appear to work fine.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I was told that the booster shot is exactly the same cocktail as the vaccine is.

I was told that the vaccine loses its efficacy over time, so the booster just re-immunizes you. That's why getting a different vaccine (Moderna vaccine then Pfizer booster) is actually more effective.

So this means you will need the same shot every 6-12 months?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I was told that the booster shot is exactly the same cocktail as the vaccine is.

I was told that the vaccine loses its efficacy over time, so the booster just re-immunizes you. That's why getting a different vaccine (Moderna vaccine then Pfizer booster) is actually more effective.

Moderna booster for sub-70 (I think? I may have threshold wrong) was a half or third dose of the same juice. Above the age threshold got a full shot. Not sure about other manufacturers. I am sure they are all working on a newer "better" formulation but haven't heard of one nearing the end of approval.

They were working on Omicron specific boosters but I think they weren't yielding better outcomes than what we were already using so they got canned. If BA.2 does turn out to be more severe, then possibly the benefit of a variant targeting booster would be greater. I feel like we won't have to wait long to get better data on BA.2

Diptheria for kids is 5 shots I believe. Depends on what it takes to jump start your immune system to a level that will deal with the threat. Some vaccines are one shot for life, some two, three for others. A rarer number higher than that. Some are sporadic coverage (tetanus). Some require yearly boosters to deal with variants (flu). Some need an adult top up after being administered as a child. Vulnerable individuals frequently have more shots than this.

How do you work out what you need? You follow the data. Current data for Omicron suggests 3 is fine. For delta 2 was ok. Some vaccine schedules may have been developed over time in advance of worldwide threat. We don’t have that luxury and so the data is developed in real time as we live in the pandemic.

Seems to be moving toward a seasonal variant like the flu with some much nastier ....the rate of spread on this is astonishing ....it's even more easily caught than B1 ...the nasty part....we likely will not have to wait long to see given the forest fire of spread.

Moderna booster for sub-70 (I think? I may have threshold wrong) was a half or third dose of the same juice. Above the age threshold got a full shot. Not sure about other manufacturers. I am sure they are all working on a newer "better" formulation but haven't heard of one nearing the end of approval.
My Moderna booster was a half dose

Not aware of immunity from BA.2 being appreciably different from that of BA.1. The UK has been dealing with BA.2 and their case numbers have been going down lately. United Kingdom COVID - Coronavirus Statistics - Worldometer

See the spike in early January (that was the first omicron), then it went down some and then stopped going down as quickly (early Feb) then resumed going down? That's what BA.2 did over there. The general shape of our graph is probably 3-ish weeks behind the shape of their graph.

Not concerned about it. It's pretty apparent that although omicron gets around previous vaccination, it typically only leads to minor symptoms, if any.

Lots of us have probably had omicron (regardless of version) and not even known it.

This is not good

Exactly what they said about omicron when doctors and scientists in South Africa were saying it was more contagious but less severe.

It will probably be the same thing as omicron. I feel a part of the lower hospitalization with omicron is not only because it's less severe then those before it but also that people are realizing it's a flu... if your younger and healthy there is no need to run to the hospital as soon as you get a bit of a sore throat.

and this is why we need to learn to live with it as an annual flu...no one is going to want to go back to current restrictions once things are lifted in the coming weeks...i've said it before and will say it again...if you're unvaccinated and get sick, hopefully you're in relatively good health that it won't affect you much...if you're vaccinated/boostered, then you should be ok (technically)...this will keep mutating and we can't keep doing this up and down of lockdowns much longer...

I am pretty sure we will be ok after the current wave subsides, which it appears to be doing.

Why would you think that ??? Way too early

It's become the dominant strain in Denmark, transmits more easily and Denmark is showing both rising caseloads and rising hospitalizations.

But in Denmark, where BA.2 has become the leading cause of infections, hospitalizations and deaths are rising, according to WHO.

One could almost detect malicious intent in this variant ....sucker them into thinking it's over ....:eek:

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom