Y'all might want to keep an eye out for change of plans. Stealth Covid BA.2 | Page 15 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Y'all might want to keep an eye out for change of plans. Stealth Covid BA.2

new wording on some places is 'up-to-date' for boosted.
But what does that mean? You have received every shot you are eligible for? You have received primary series and a booster? You have received every shot required? Up-to-date is just more semantics. People making up rules need to lean on solid definitions and not just word games that are open for interpretation.

Our fully vaccinated PM announced he has COVID from all his important photo op travels.

He can now go back into hiding instead of doing something about the economy instead of his favourite virtue signalling agenda items.

But what does that mean? You have received every shot you are eligible for? You have received primary series and a booster? You have received every shot required? Up-to-date is just more semantics. People making up rules need to lean on solid definitions and not just word games that are open for interpretation.
And when does the booster efficacy wane?
What if you got infected in April and still can't get boosted?
What if you got boosted as early as you could but arent old enough (or immunocompromised) to get the next, 4th, shot...

We're entering a bit of a grey area that will become messy at the next wave. We already have much lower uptake of the booster province-wide, mandates are coming way down, for a lot of people, after 2 years of compliance...you won't get much more participation out of them. And compared to other jurisdictions worldwide, we've had a lot more restrictions in place and as people travel they will see it with their own eyes and realize that we kinda live in a different "world" we will have even less likeliness of getting compliance.

I predict an interesting rest of the year.

Our fully vaccinated PM announced he has COVID from all his important photo op travels.

He can now go back into hiding instead of doing something about the economy instead of his favourite virtue signalling agenda items.
Kinda surprised they announced he got it again, there are no imminent political or social issues/conflicts he needs to hide from and could use this as an excuse.

Kinda surprised they announced he got it again, there are no imminent political or social issues/conflicts he needs to hide from and could use this as an excuse.
Me too. Maybe you should have added "that we know of"? Maybe something is about to break and he didn't want it to look like he was pretending to have covid again. If that's the case, hopefully they can hold the story until he "recovers". Giant useless twat he is. At least with pretend covid his carbon footprint drops closer to a normal person instead of a rock star.

The efficacy of the original vaccines against the latest strains is lacking (not totally useless just not as good), that is one of the main reasons people are getting it now. But the hospital etc. numbers are also not terrible right now. Expect booster doses in the fall that are better for the current variants. Going forward once double it will be more important time since than absolute numbers, but they may not change rules, who knows.

At this point how many hundreds of millions of people have had the vaccines and not died. Other than of course the usual suspects on here where everyone they know that got the vaccine died, even if it was a nurse they do not know that just passed out....they died. /s

The airport delays are getting out of control and it lands squarely at his feet. When I was on the runway waiting in the plane the pilot literally made an announcement urging people to write their government representative. Union boss was on CBC the other day and said there are still over 1000 employees off because of vaccine mandate. 2hrs waiting for someone available to connect the plane to the gate. Another 2hrs until they had someone available to unload the bags. I actually didn't find the border agents to be slow at all.

Had a chat with a nurse recently and she was telling me their hospital (Humber West (?)) is seeing a pretty solid rise in cases of COVID patients. This is primarily people that are 2-3x dose, and also people that have recently had it and are now being reinfected within a short amount of time (few months) following originally infection.

She's also saying that it's hitting the younger patients much worse, and people are staying longer in their care. A few more ECMO cases also for the more severe at that hospital.

Take it with a grain of salt. She was complaining about being forced to vaccinate at the start of it anyway.

It's ironic that these antivax people will kick and scream that all the covid deaths are people dying WITH covid not OF covid. But if they got the vaccine its 100% they died because OF the vaccine.

The efficacy of the original vaccines against the latest strains is lacking (not totally useless just not as good), that is one of the main reasons people are getting it now. But the hospital etc. numbers are also not terrible right now. Expect booster doses in the fall that are better for the current variants. Going forward once double it will be more important time since than absolute numbers, but they may not change rules, who knows.

At this point how many hundreds of millions of people have had the vaccines and not died. Other than of course the usual suspects on here where everyone they know that got the vaccine died, even if it was a nurse they do not know that just passed out....they died. /s

This is the key point that many seem to miss. The vaccine was remarkably effective against the strains that were used to develop it, and that efficacy had dropped with each subsequent variant. It's not that the vaccine didn't work, it's that the virus changed. Lord knows how many lives were saved, as comparing data from the first wave to subsequent waves is really different.

One question going forward will be whether the new variants are more resistant to vaccines or whether they just need to develop annual vaccines to be distributed in the fall, like the flu shot. (For those with the tinfoil hats on, this won't be mandatory, just as the flu shot isn't mandatory.)

To be honest, I'm surprised that they haven't released a 'latest and greatest' vaccine, which suggests they're either struggling to make it effective against the more contagious new variants, or they're waiting for a more deadly variant to show up when vaccination becomes more critical to save lives.

I've jumped back into this thread, as I just tested positive this morning for the first time that I know of. Pretty mild so far, symptoms started on Saturday. Fingers crossed it stays that way. For the record, I'm triple shotted with the AZ/Pfizer/Moderna complete set. Caught it at a work dinner, I think, though my out-and-aboutness had skyrocketed lately: Jays game, Clifton Hill in the Falls, two long lines at Service Ontario, multiple lunches and dinners out, plus others. I expect I'm not the only one, as the weather and case numbers have led to a lot of middle-ground folks like myself (not overly cautious but with some caution) giving up things like wearing masks and avoiding crowds...

This is the key point that many seem to miss. The vaccine was remarkably effective against the strains that were used to develop it, and that efficacy had dropped with each subsequent variant. It's not that the vaccine didn't work, it's that the virus changed. Lord knows how many lives were saved, as comparing data from the first wave to subsequent waves is really different.

One question going forward will be whether the new variants are more resistant to vaccines or whether they just need to develop annual vaccines to be distributed in the fall, like the flu shot. (For those with the tinfoil hats on, this won't be mandatory, just as the flu shot isn't mandatory.)

To be honest, I'm surprised that they haven't released a 'latest and greatest' vaccine, which suggests they're either struggling to make it effective against the more contagious new variants, or they're waiting for a more deadly variant to show up when vaccination becomes more critical to save lives.

I've jumped back into this thread, as I just tested positive this morning for the first time that I know of. Pretty mild so far, symptoms started on Saturday. Fingers crossed it stays that way. For the record, I'm triple shotted with the AZ/Pfizer/Moderna complete set. Caught it at a work dinner, I think, though my out-and-aboutness had skyrocketed lately: Jays game, Clifton Hill in the Falls, two long lines at Service Ontario, multiple lunches and dinners out, plus others. I expect I'm not the only one, as the weather and case numbers have led to a lot of middle-ground folks like myself (not overly cautious but with some caution) giving up things like wearing masks and avoiding crowds...
Good luck, take it easy on yourself. Of the people that I know that had it, the kick in the ass and lack of energy was their biggest problem. They wanted to continue to function but really were aided someone to take care of them while they did as little as possible.

Good luck, take it easy on yourself. Of the people that I know that had it, the kick in the ass and lack of energy was their biggest problem. They wanted to continue to function but really were aided someone to take care of them while they did as little as possible.
Fingers crossed. It's three now who have tested positive after the work dinner, so office is fully WFH for the week. So far I'm pretty fine, though the symptoms have shifted away from sore throat and runny nose to fever, minor neck muscle aches and a slightly worse cough. I expect it'll get a bit worse before it gets better, hoping to avoid the 'ass-kicked' phase, as I've heard the joint aches can really suck.

Just this past hour everyone on my street just died from the vaccine. I can’t verify this myself but an expert on Twitter called “Twatfart2021magaboy” said it with an impressive looking meme so it has to be true.

The airport delays are getting out of control and it lands squarely at his feet. When I was on the runway waiting in the plane the pilot literally made an announcement urging people to write their government representative. Union boss was on CBC the other day and said there are still over 1000 employees off because of vaccine mandate. 2hrs waiting for someone available to connect the plane to the gate. Another 2hrs until they had someone available to unload the bags. I actually didn't find the border agents to be slow at all.
I knew there was something!

That’s not the issue from what I know. The issue is that staff were cut during lockdowns who then found alternate employment and didn’t return when things ramped back up. Then add in sickness days off from workers going home to kids who didn’t have to mask in schools or eating in restaurants where “everything was back to normal”.

Just this past hour everyone on my street just died from the vaccine. I can’t verify this myself but an expert on Twitter called “Twatfart2021magaboy” said it with an impressive looking meme so it has to be true.
That’s not the issue from what I know. The issue is that staff were cut during lockdowns who then found alternate employment and didn’t return when things ramped back up. Then add in sickness days off from workers going home to kids who didn’t have to mask in schools or eating in restaurants where “everything was back to normal”.
You seem to swing from one extreme to the other. Are you upset that NY removed it's mask mandate for four year olds or relieved?

Point out what you consider extremes? I’m kind of puzzled.
Follow the science: Everyone on your street died from the vaccine. You aren't dead. Therefore, you must be anti vax. One extreme.
Now you're worried about the kids going unmasked in schools. Other extreme.
or you're just being rude, which is a third extreme.

Back
Top Bottom