Y'all might want to keep an eye out for change of plans. Stealth Covid BA.2 | Page 18 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Y'all might want to keep an eye out for change of plans. Stealth Covid BA.2

We truly are living in the best of time people, don't fn ruin it, pls! For any of the sceptics. Of course, if you are if you're going to argue then you're gonna have to show me your B Sc. in microbiology at the absolute least and you better have taken 3rd year organic chemistry at that.

Last edited:
Fat lady lost in the wilderness
So the vaccines are doing their job…that’s good no?

I think anyone thinking COVID is gone is foolish. But if I get COVID today and it’s nothing more than a sniffle and some discomfort….I’m not overly worried in all honesty.

Maybe a less clickbaity headline should be….’Vaccines doing job, only 1 in 100 with COVID need medical care’.

Yeah that's good find.(y)

It's long covid that concerns me - close friends squeeze has gone from happy healthy mid 30 year old to disabled with no cure in sight tho some promise from hyperbaric oxygen. Can't even walk from her apartment. :cry:

So the vaccines are doing their job…that’s good no?

I think anyone thinking COVID is gone is foolish. But if I get COVID today and it’s nothing more than a sniffle and some discomfort….I’m not overly worried in all honesty.

Maybe a less clickbaity headline should be….’Vaccines doing job, only 1 in 100 with COVID need medical care’.
The problem is that the health care system was at its limits when Covid came along. Sort of like putting the 13th egg into an egg carton and closing the lid.

The system needs a full overhaul.

The hopes of magic pills and cures have largely been dashed and we are having to adjust to a new reality, skewed by fake news, alternate facts and conspiracy theories.

The co-morbidities and the attitudes towards them seem to be a major concern. If we let that sector of society, cancer survivors, diabetics, asthma sufferers etc, die off to improve the gene pool where do we draw the line as other diseases come along?

I'm a bit miffed that my GP of 15 years is telephone only but I'm not his only long term patient and mutual loyalty only goes so far. I don't know what I would do if the roles were reversed.

It's amazing what blood tests can show but I truly believe in the holistic approach. A cuff will show high blood pressure resulting in a prescription for a specific pill. However the real cure might be a different job, spouse, detachment from overbearing people etc.

I was talking with someone the other day who mentioned the Spanish flu lasted about 5 years. Might be the same with COVID.

The Great Influenza By John M. Barry

Hell of a good read.

Just more fear mongering at this point. Everyone I know has had it and not a single death or long covid symptom. Kinda over it and just living life now.

The problem is that the health care system was at its limits when Covid came along. Sort of like putting the 13th egg into an egg carton and closing the lid.

The system needs a full overhaul.

The hopes of magic pills and cures have largely been dashed and we are having to adjust to a new reality, skewed by fake news, alternate facts and conspiracy theories.

The co-morbidities and the attitudes towards them seem to be a major concern. If we let that sector of society, cancer survivors, diabetics, asthma sufferers etc, die off to improve the gene pool where do we draw the line as other diseases come along?

I'm a bit miffed that my GP of 15 years is telephone only but I'm not his only long term patient and mutual loyalty only goes so far. I don't know what I would do if the roles were reversed.

It's amazing what blood tests can show but I truly believe in the holistic approach. A cuff will show high blood pressure resulting in a prescription for a specific pill. However the real cure might be a different job, spouse, detachment from overbearing people etc.
I just finished my transition from my family doctor of 20 years because he has continued to offer phone only service.

My new doc has 4 associates, I can book with her or any of her associates. They take turns on a 5-9pm weekday and noon to 5 weekend shifts.

Nice to see customer service in a family practice.

Just more fear mongering at this point. Everyone I know has had it and not a single death or long covid symptom. Kinda over it and just living life now.
I lost one colleague at work, 3 folks on my street, and 65 old timers in the LTC home next door.

One of our contractors, a 28 year old millright in excellent shape has long covid. A strong, athletic man used to heavy work can't carry his toolbox, it's sad to see.

Almost everyone I know has tested positive at one time (except me and my elderly parents).

I know soooooo many people who have had it, and a lot of those people more than once, including myself....not one person had to be hospitalized and not one died (oldest being my sister at 85)...I started the year off wearing a mask, then poked myself in the eye and scratched my cornea with the nose clip and said screw it...caught Covid a month later and was off work for four days...I personally think a mask mandate will be a very hard sell after all this time...

I just finished my transition from my family doctor of 20 years because he has continued to offer phone only service.

My new doc has 4 associates, I can book with her or any of her associates. They take turns on a 5-9pm weekday and noon to 5 weekend shifts.

Nice to see customer service in a family practice.
My parents had a similar problem, doc never returned to the office to see patients. They were pretty happy with him otherwise but enough was enough and went elsewhere.

Back
Top Bottom