Y'all might want to keep an eye out for change of plans. Stealth Covid BA.2 | Page 19 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Y'all might want to keep an eye out for change of plans. Stealth Covid BA.2

Just more fear mongering at this point. Everyone I know has had it and not a single death or long covid symptom.
a narrow data point.
I've not had and really don't want it, partner too. Kids have had it and came out okay but not everyone and there are rising deaths and hospitalizations that stress the system'
Is it such a big ask to wear a mask in crowded public venues? You do have to in medical facilities.
Your personal experience is meaningless from a epidemiology standpoint....people in Ontario are dying daily.
You might be "over it" but Covid is not over you...
and wearing a mask is not for your benefit mainly but for others.....up to you how civic minded you wish to be. :coffee:

Just more fear mongering at this point. Everyone I know has had it and not a single death or long covid symptom. Kinda over it and just living life now.
Friend, no vaccine, in the gym daily, eats well.

Covid - laid out for 5 days, it's been 11 months and he still doesn't have his sense of taste or smell back since infected. Was admitted to hospital 3 weeks ago after complaining of trouble breathing. Was told he had blood clots in his lungs, not uncommon for covid patients.

Close friend and former biz partner - his SigO is still on disability a year later ...cannot walk down the stairs - he has avoided it but he is at horrid risk due to immune deficiences. Don't make smart cracks about fear mongering, it's not.

S-I-L in New Zealand got the long version in spite of the harsh lock downs and went from from an active hiker to barely walking. Getting better now.

Covid will never be over within the foreseeable future. We aren't in post covid times. We are in covid adjusted times.

I just finished my transition from my family doctor of 20 years because he has continued to offer phone only service.

My new doc has 4 associates, I can book with her or any of her associates. They take turns on a 5-9pm weekday and noon to 5 weekend shifts.

Nice to see customer service in a family practice.
I had my first face to face, more accurately mask to mask, checkup last week. I still like him and the good news is that I'm not much more decrepit than I was a couple of years ago. However, I've asked him to find me a new dermatologist. I wouldn't let the present one clean my windshield.

Yeah not getting boosted at this point puts you right back to square one with no more protection than the unvaxxed. :unsure:
Trying to get my next one...might have to be in Canada.

Yeah not getting boosted at this point puts you right back to square one with no more protection than the unvaxxed. :unsure:
Trying to get my next one...might have to be in Canada.
Depends on which version is going around, which you've been vaccinated for, and which version you've caught.
Most people have had it once now.

Some of the COVID bug species have found their way around the vaccine.

(Am not in the medical field and to me the govt's statement indicates that some strains escape the prophylaxis)

Probably also means they evade antibodies from previous infection; that's how evolution works.

Depends on which version is going around
rather it depends on how long ago you had a booster or and an infection and you can have multiple versions at once.
The vaccines reduce the impact of an infection ...they do not prevent you getting it tho the latest seems to help a bit.
, which you've been vaccinated for
It's not like the influenza vaccine.
, and which version you've caught.
no - everything floating around now is exceptionally contagious and bears little resemblance to the 2020 versions.

Most people have had it once now.
Many I know haven't including me and partner, many have - the kids on both sides and close friends.
All the benefits of antibodies fade within a year or less ...while those of us who have had say, Hong Kong flu retain some immune benefits decades later
This is a current pandemic evolving quickly and masks help.

Probably also means they evade antibodies from previous infection; that's how evolution works.
Yep and you can actually get more than one infection at the same time.
Scientists in Brazil recently reported that two people were simultaneously infected with two different variants of SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19. This co-infection seemed to have no effect on the severity of patients’ illness, and both recovered without needing to be hospitalised.

rears ugly head once moe

'Long COVID is devastating and far from rare. As infections rise again, why are we still ignoring it?'
While things seem to be getting back to normal for most people, those with long COVID are still suffering – and this suffering will likely continue on indefinitely if nothing is done to change course.

As previously reported by Salon, an alarming scientific pattern is revealing itself across intersecting areas of research, which suggests that long COVID could be linked to neurodegenerative diseases like Parkinson's – having to do with the misfolding of alpha-synuclein proteins in the human nervous system. This misfolding is possibly triggered by an initial COVID infection and can lead to unwanted accumulation of alpha-synuclein and the formation of Lewy bodies, resulting in neurological disorders.

It's imperative that we follow this trail of science all the way through to the end. We can hope it's disproved, but ignoring it will leave us headed in the direction of disaster: debilitating, chronic, irreversible health conditions — or what some are calling a "mass-disabling event."

However, as a result of the Public Health Emergency Act expiring, COVID research and tracking has become more difficult. Coverage for tests, contact tracing, research funding, data reporting – it's all been thrown out the window, along with what little COVID precaution was left. Yet every COVID infection still puts an individual at risk of developing long COVID – which, according to the data, is increasingly likely among the less vaccinated and the more times you've contracted the virus.

It remains unclear whether certain COVID variants have greater potential to cause long COVID, but what is clear is that long haulers (people with long COVID) often report symptoms that line up with what those going through the prodromal (subclinical) phases of various brain diseases describe – meaning that long COVID patients are quite possibly experiencing the early stages of neurodegeneration.

Sounds like bs imo. None of that is peer reviewed science, every second word is "could" "possibly" "suggests". Pretty sure long covid is just hypochondriacs.

Sounds like bs imo. None of that is peer reviewed science, every second word is "could" "possibly" "suggests". Pretty sure long covid is just hypochondriacs.
"Pretty sure" you are dead wrong.....also from personal experience and if you really wanted to know, there are dozens if not hundreds of peer reviewed papers on long covid.....but you appear rather to want to tout your uninformed opinion. 🏍️ :coffee:

Pretty sure long covid is just hypochondriacs.
You and i agree on a lot, on this we do not. Friends with long covid, it's not fun.

Back
Top Bottom