Who's still riding? (Fall & Winter 2021 Edition) | Page 8 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Who's still riding? (Fall & Winter 2021 Edition)

Now who is still riding? We have some snow in Toronto (Scarborough).

Calling @VTom.
I’m back up north and this time it would not have been possible without studs or a sidecar. It’s just starting and about 10cm coming for the day up here.
E5DDF6B4-C5F2-43E6-BB33-F42028FE9CA3.jpeg

Although when I lived downtown by the lake, it was possible to ride on the downtown streets much later than elsewhere in the GTA. Some winters I rode almost every day.

Last edited:
Shoulder season is a strange time of year.

Went snowboarding on Friday:

snowboarding-XL.jpg

Went out for a ride today:

DSCN2539-XL.jpg

Orchards all bare, but the roads in the valley are dry.

DSCN2549-XL.jpg

High of 10°C in the afternoon, but as soon as the sun set, it dipped down to freezing. Brrrrrr!

Freaky weather today. Got some December riding in:

DSCN2552-XL.jpg

Will post more pix on the 2021 Day Trips thread:

Last edited:
Seems like today would have been ok to get out for a ride, saw a couple of bikes out, but I'm busy today...:cautious:

Rode today for coffee. Cause i'm cool like that.
I was in another province yesterday and there was permasnow on the ground. (aka it was -10C)

Still undecided about advantages of living in Florida and riding all year, or living here and putting the bike away in November? 5 or 6 month's storage in Canada, or riding an extra 4 or 5 months picking bugs out of your teeth or having their guts splattered all over your helmet, clothes and bike and living with the stench until you can get it off? Not to mention the oppressive summer heat which tempts you to want to remove your protective layers. Which is worse? Maybe California is best, although because of heavy agriculture, the bugs are heavy there too.

Last edited:
I went out Saturday, Gerbings, layers and all. Fabulous ride, not many cars on the roads. Was really very comfortable. California Heat gauntlets are very effective. Got as low as -3c as the evening crept in and I didn't even feel it. Felt like I was good until -10c or so. Have to hone my setup so I can run the Dempster in a couple of years.

I have been using crossborderpickups.ca for almost everything I buy from the US. I recently bought a waterproof liner and single controller from Warm N Safe. They shipped for free to my Niagara Falls NY address (provided by crossborderpickups.ca) and I picked up the shipment from the Markham location. Total cost was $47.83 plus the cost of driving to Markham. They will forward post to your location if you don't want to pickup.
Hi @thwak - a quick question: how do they calculate the cost. Is it based on weight?

Edit: got the answer from their website...thanks!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom