2021 Day Trips! | Page 27 | GTAMotorcycle.com

2021 Day Trips!

And the exploration continues.. Yesterday was too good for me to be sitting around the computer screens. So I decided to move all my post lunch meetings, and free up the 2nd half of the day for a ride.

Once, driving back from Blue Mountain, I took the beaver valley road down and the landscape intrigued me. I figured this to be a good exploration opportunity, and left home at 1pm for this:

1636481270833.png

Near the Hoggs Falls

1.jpg

1636481378370.png

A muddy trail led me to this.. "Beaver river access point 1" ... There was nothing there except for the road that took me to it..

3.jpg

4.jpg

Came back via the forks after dark. Did not see a single vehicle on the road! I now know, that if I have to ride the forks again, it has to be on a weekday after sunset! :)
Was home by 6:30.

Last edited:
And the exploration continues.. Yesterday was too good for me to be sitting around the computer screens. So I decided to move all my post lunch meetings, and free up the 2nd half of the day for a ride.

Once, driving back from Blue Mountain, I took the beaver valley road down and the landscape intrigued me. I figured this to be a good exploration opportunity, and left home at 1pm for this:

View attachment 52188

Near the Hoggs Falls

View attachment 52191

View attachment 52189

A muddy trail led me to this.. "Beaver river access point 1" ... There was nothing there except for the road that took me to it..

View attachment 52190

View attachment 52192

Came back via the forks after dark. Did not see a single vehicle on the road! I now know, that if I have to ride the forks again, it has to be on a weekday after sunset! :)
Was home by 6:30.

Hey, what is your rear seat pack attached to? Is there a hook or something under the seat? Or is it just being held in place by/against the seat?

I have been wanting to do this ride for a while now. I had planned this route some time back but when it comes to choosing between PEC and the north, I pick the north. So this ride was pending for a few months.

Finally, this past Sunday I was able to get out and do this route. It was more of a sightseeing trip than riding fast but I did come across some good roads. Wouldn't mind going there again, next season. Planning on wrapping up this season finally.

This was the route I did: Henry Farm to York Gardens

I'm sure there are at least a few good roads and spots that I missed. Will be happy to hear from you all. There was very little traffic in PEC and I mostly had the roads all to myself...

Here are some pics that I took

IMG_20211107_125538.jpg

Point Petre Lighthouse...entry to both Salmon Point lighthouse and Point Petre lighthouse are blocked
IMG_20211107_141257.jpg

Near Point Traverse Lighthouse
IMG_20211107_150057.jpg

A 1-1.5 km walk gets you to the opposite side of the shore which is where the below Lighthouse is located. When I went, there was absolutely no one around and I found the place really eerie, with whistling wind and empty cabins along the way.
IMG_20211107_151504.jpg

The beach looked gorgeous though
IMG_20211107_151541.jpg

On my way back along Long Point Rd. Beautiful road with nice tarmac for most parts.
IMG_20211107_154826.jpg

A view from the roadside stop along Long Point Rd.
IMG_20211107_155008.jpg

A beautiful curvy road at Cressy
IMG_20211107_164353.jpg

IMG_20211107_164421.jpg

This is why I stopped at Cressy though, the view was marvelous.
IMG_20211107_164529.jpg

Before heading to Cressy, I had to fill up. My bad as I had miscalculated the distance. That detour cost me at least 15-20 mins. By the time, I was on the way to Solmesville it was pitch dark and cold. I could see and feel that the roads were beautiful but by then I just wanted to hit 401 and head back. So the last bit was a fail but nonetheless it was a beautiful ride to wrap the season.

I have been wanting to do this ride for a while now. I had planned this route some time back but when it comes to choosing between PEC and the north, I pick the north. So this ride was pending for a few months.

Finally, this past Sunday I was able to get out and do this route. It was more of a sightseeing trip than riding fast but I did come across some good roads. Wouldn't mind going there again, next season. Planning on wrapping up this season finally.

I'm sure there are at least a few good roads and spots that I missed. Will be happy to hear from you all. There was very little traffic in PEC and I mostly had the roads all to myself...

View attachment 52201

Point Petre Lighthouse...entry to both Salmon Point lighthouse and Point Petre lighthouse are blocked
View attachment 52202

View attachment 52203

A 1-1.5 km walk gets you to the opposite side of the shore which is where the below Lighthouse is located. When I went, there was absolutely no one around and I found the place really eerie, with whistling wind and empty cabins along the way.
View attachment 52204

View attachment 52205

On my way back along Long Point Rd. Beautiful road with nice tarmac for most parts.
View attachment 52206

View attachment 52207

View attachment 52208

View attachment 52209

View attachment 52210

Before heading to Cressy, I had to fill up. My bad as I had miscalculated the distance. That detour cost me at least 15-20 mins. By the time, I was on the way to Solmesville it was pitch dark and cold. I could see and feel that the roads were beautiful but by then I just wanted to hit 401 and head back. So the last bit was a fail but nonetheless it was a beautiful ride to wrap the season.

Oh that looks like a few lovely destinations all combined in one route. I will try that soon!

View attachment 52201

View attachment 52202

View attachment 52203

View attachment 52204

View attachment 52205

View attachment 52206

View attachment 52207

View attachment 52208

View attachment 52209

View attachment 52210

Nice run and photos, it all the interesting points, literally, of PEC, nice. (y)

Ride for Sight was in Trenton for a few years and it was a great excuse to tour that area. Pretty sure I have a pic of my old KZ650 parked in front of that white light house. Did you check out Lake on the Mountain? You had to be close.

View attachment 52201

View attachment 52202

View attachment 52203

View attachment 52204

View attachment 52205

View attachment 52206

View attachment 52207

View attachment 52208

View attachment 52209

View attachment 52210

The temperature was predicted to hit 15°C today, so I got out for a day ride and burnt a tank of gas just cruising around and exploring some new roads.

DSCN2558-X2.jpg

Blue skies and the temps actually hit a high of 23°C! Unfortunately, I was dressed for December weather and I was boiling. Had to peel off the layers and open all the vents. Hot!

DSC_1333-X2.jpg

Stumbled upon these satellite dishes along the side of one of the roads I took. Found out later it's the Dominion Radio Astrophysical Observatory. There's a line of seven dishes in the far background. These are Synthesis Telescopes - several dishes that feed information from a variety of different frequencies in the spectrum to create a single image.

1024px-DRAO_synthisis.JPG

The sun was setting so early! Then I realized why: we're only 20 days away from the winter solstice - the shortest day of the year. I stopped for a snack around 4PM, this is how dark it was:

DSC_1343-X2.jpg

The Okanagan has a large First Nations population and I've ridden past this Kekuli Cafe before. They serve Bannock, an indigenous baked bread. I used to eat these as a kid while camping in Northern Ontario. Most of the clientele are non-indigenous, so they dress up the bannock like dessert pastries, with icing and jam. I used to eat them plain. So I asked for some undressed and the lady brought some out from the back before they sugared them up. It was a bit different from Ontario bannock, more of a bun than a roti-like loaf, but it was still delicious!

Was pitch black by the time I finished my bannock, and I rode home in the dark.

What a great day of riding. We're not going to get many of these this winter. Anyways, going to hit the slopes and go snowboarding tomorrow!

Back
Top Bottom