Who's still riding? (Fall & Winter 2021 Edition) | GTAMotorcycle.com

Who's still riding? (Fall & Winter 2021 Edition)

PrivatePilot

Ironus Butticus
Site Supporter
Well, might as well kick this off, as is customary around this time of year.

We've certainly been enjoying an elongated stretch of summer like weather so far into this fall, so my bike is hardly laid up yet, but I've noticed bike traffic die off significantly in the last month, for sure, at least short of a few of the super warm weekend days we've bad recently.

Crappy miles for me this year, just wasn't feeling it - my trip to the Cabot Trail a week or two ago constituted 50% of my miles this year, compressed into a 4 day ride.

Here's to better riding next year, and a reopened border for those who miss the southern stuff. I'm seriously thinking about a trip to Pennsylvania in November (once the border reopens) to ride the squirrlies down there if the weather holds a bit longer.

Next week is looking decent for a putter...

I didn’t get nearly as many kilometres this year as I wanted but I’m not packing it in anytime soon. I usually keep the bike available for any random nice days year round.

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com

Finally got some cold weather gear after suffering to mid-November last year with my mesh stuff. I plan on riding as long as I can.

still going. mostly riding my royal enfield 650 but once it gets colder, my ducatis crazy hot engine is perfect for warming the legs :)

Riding as late in the year as I can with heated inner jacket, heated grips and heated seat (what luxury!). I have the benefit of mostly being able to pick my riding days and times and there'll be more of those as the golf season ends.

I put a set of Oxford heated grips on my bike before I went to the Cabot last week. Best decision I ever made, especially considering the rainy start and then the few evenings well below 10 degrees.

With the FiredUp heated vest I got here through the group buy a few years back under my textile jacket, as well as T-Maxx thermal underwear, I'm toasty down to below the freezing mark even.

The new to me fz had Oxford heated grips when I bought it. I’ve only used them once when I got caught in a downpour a couple weeks ago. They were amazing. I can’t wait to use them in the coming colder temps.

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com

I usually ride right up to the holidays. The last few years I don my Santa Suit the weekend before Christmas and ride hwy from Markham village to Vaughan Mills and back.

As of right now Tues-Wed look pretty good for an up north trip. Last season my last Muskoka trip was second week of Nov, not sure if I'll be that lucky this year.

Still commuting and riding a bit on weekends, by usual routine. I pack it in the first week or two in November, when evening/early morning temps tend to dip below freezing. I have KOSO heated grips on both bikes, Gerbings heated jacket liner and gloves. I wear snow pants the last two weeks of riding.

My hands are freezing up most and thermal glove liners aren't cutting it.
I don't like heated grips. Any suggestions on good (electrically) heated liners or gloves?

My hands are freezing up most and thermal glove liners aren't cutting it.
I don't like heated grips. Any suggestions on good (electrically) heated liners or gloves?
Look here: Warm & Safe Heated Clothing the Warmest Clothing in the Universe

I have the heated liners, the Ultimate Touring Gloves and the Gerbing G3 gloves. I wear the Ultimate Touring Gloves the most, because the liners don't fit well under my already snug regular gloves and the Gerbing G3 are rather bulky and I use those only when it's really cold out. The Ultimate gloves are amazing and are comfortable down to around -5deg.

For a liner, I have the full sleeved version, because a vest only keeps the core warm and not the arms. My liner keeps me toasty from my neck down to my wrists. It's essentially doing the same as this one: Generation 3 Men's Heated Liner. Mine is actually branded by Powerlet, but is made by Warmnsafe. Bought it and my heated socks 11 years ago in Alabama and they are still keeping me as warm as the day I bought them.

I recall reading that Gerbings is now under a different name and it's this one, with similar products and many options:

There's also Tourmaster and Gears as two other popular brands of heated clothing.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom