Who's still riding? (Fall & Winter 2021 Edition) | Page 6 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Who's still riding? (Fall & Winter 2021 Edition)

Too funny. I bet I couldn't recreate that whole thing over again if my life depended on it.
That's exactly what i said when i had a metal washer bounce into my air intake :mad:

That's exactly what i said when i had a metal washer bounce into my air intake :mad:

Anything metal seems magnetically attracted to any open area of an engine they shouldn’t get into. Spark plug holes, intakes, open exhaust ports….

I had a C-Clip from a turbo wastegate actuator arm fly off the c-clip pliers, bounce off Mars, and come back down land in the turbo intake just in front of the vanes. Filter was off for the job I was doing.

Sure glad I saw it land there is otherwise it wouldn’t have been pretty had it been ingested.

Came in today. Medium was definitely the right choice, despite their sizing chart. Quality is very good and you can tell QC is there.

Also got the batter tender adapter for ease of plugging in. Went with the simple 5 level heattroller (replacement) without remote, saved a few bucks and I can click it from in my jacket pocket.

Next cold (but dry) day will be the test. Excited!

Were you subjected to any additional charges, such as taxes, duties, or brokerage fees?

It was actually 15+ in the evening yesterday, and i didnt even get to take advantage of it

It was actually 15+ in the evening yesterday, and i didnt even get to take advantage of it

It was quite nice indeed. Out my way it was sprinkling however so I couldn’t get out to enjoy it.

Were you subjected to any additional charges, such as taxes, duties, or brokerage fees?

No, they came USPS via Canada Post so I expect that to be the end of the transaction. That did take a week, I watched them ship:
Portland -
Eugene -
San Francisco -
Vancouver -
Canada deadzone (assume YVR to YYZ) -
Delivered

Unlike some car parts I ordered in August from an otherwise reputable vendor. They came quick but via UPS whose absolutely abhorrent business practice is to deliver to your door without asking for payment, then 2 months later (or when they feel like it I would guess) send a bill for duty, import fees and any other BS admin charges they can think of.

FYI, Warm N Safe's web site no longer says free shipping to Canada. And when you check out, it defaults to UPS.

Might go for a jaunt in the country Saturday. Not interested in fighting with the holiday shopper traffic in town. Salt on the road yesterday, but I'll just power wash it off, then park it.

Prompted by Wind Shear's earlier post, I too ordered a pair of gloves and a controller. As promised, I got a notice of confirmation that the order was on the way via USPS. After that I decided to order a jacket liner. Same header was on their page:
"Free US & Canadian Shipping, USPS Priority 2 to 3 days, Canada, time depends on your customs people, for orders over $99.90"
A few hours later I got an email: "Your order is on the way" with a UPS tracking number! I immediately replied, "NO! NOT UPS!"
They said too late, already gone. I said that was NOT the deal. They said we don't do that anymore, but the Yellow banner heading was still on their webpage.
Both packages arrived yesterday. The Postal one, in my mailbox. No problem, no hassle, no charges.
The UPS one at my door along with an invoice for $108!!!

Prompted by Wind Shear's earlier post, I too ordered a pair of gloves and a controller. As promised, I got a notice of confirmation that the order was on the way via USPS. After that I decided to order a jacket liner. Same header was on their page:
"Free US & Canadian Shipping, USPS Priority 2 to 3 days, Canada, time depends on your customs people, for orders over $99.90"
A few hours later I got an email: "Your order is on the way" with a UPS tracking number! I immediately replied, "NO! NOT UPS!"
They said too late, already gone. I said that was NOT the deal. They said we don't do that anymore, but the Yellow banner heading was still on their webpage.
Both packages arrived yesterday. The Postal one, in my mailbox. No problem, no hassle, no charges.
What items did you order in totality?

I ordered a jacket, glove liners, socks, dual controller and a long y splitter from them. Unfortunately, it came through UPS as well. But I payed around $52 with 16 as taxes and 36 as the obnoxious UPS brokerage (never ordering anything through UPS again! This was the first and last time)

However, you paid more than double in fee so was just curious.

And this is why I haven't done business with UPS in about 25 years. Got stung once in the late 90's and never again.

Refuse the parcel is your only option. Tell the company you didn't agree to UPS otherwise you wouldn't have made the purchase, and explain why. Have them re-ship it USPS like they were supposed to.

That sucks. Definitely give them feedback. If that’s their new practice I think they’ll lose a lot of Canadian customers. Considering their product that must be significant.

A lot of people, maybe even them, don't know about the horrible UPS brokerage fees until such time that the parcel shows up at the door with the bill attached.

Worse yet sometimes UPS just delivers the parcel and drops the brokerage fee bill in the mail days or weeks later.

This company really should be made aware of the fact they're going to be dealing with a lot of angry international customers as a result of switching from USPS to UPS.

Private Pilot, I have known for years that UPS are thieves, and I told Warm n Safe exactly that. I did exactly what you suggested. I told Warm n Safe to stop the shipment and send via USPS as per our agreement. Oddly, they said they could recall the shipment and cancel the order, but would not resend it via Post. I should have chose that option, but I did want that jacket and since it was already in transit I opted to see what happens. Shortly after that discussion, their banner header was removed from their website. They did say they would work with me regarding an adjustment so that swayed my decision.
When I checked UPS tracking the following day there was an itemized list of fees: In addition to GST (which was charged in excess of 13%); Brokerage of over $60; and GST brokerage of over $8.
I told Warm n Safe that I had no argument over 13% GST since that is legally mandated, however the other charges are tantamount to thievery.
Oh, I definitely gave them feedback. They accused me of pestering them, but I wanted to know what they would do if I refused the package and sent it back, and wanted them to quantify their possible "adjustment." I wanted to know before delivery because I was prepared to send it back upon arrival and the UPS demand for pay. But the delivery guy said they don't ask for C.O.D. in this age of Covid, and he noted the ask on the attached paper. It was $10 more than the online itemization. He dropped it at the door and was halfway back to his truck by the time I opened the door.
To their credit, I did receive a refund from Warm n Safe just a few minutes ago in the amount of $65 USD / $81.78 CDN.
The gear seems to be well made and good quality but the shipping hassle is just too much.

kurtrules, the first order was gloves and a single controller. No problems with that one.
The second order was a 65W Waterproof jacket liner, and pair of battery tender pigtails, total $175.90 US.
(Incurring $108 CDN in UPS thievery fees.)
Looks like they let you off easy. Your bill was well over twice what mine was, yet your thievery charges were less than half! This proves that there is no rhyme or reason to the thievery of UPS. Avoid them at all costs!

I just did an order from California Heat. They say they use USPS, but I have been told that before by shippers and FedEx or UPS arrive at my door asking for money. We'll see what happens. Not all USPS facilities in the U.S. accept international shipments. Some are far away from the shippers (like 100 miles far away) so they use UPS, who's initial fee is the lowest, but whose brokerage fees are extortionate. Worse, they're charging fees on low-value shipments that don't require a broker. You would think that the Canadian government would stop this racket, but they get a cut o' the cash like the rest of the gangsters, so no way.

In my message to Warm n Safe, I told them what you have said. i.e. It is the business model of UPS to lowball the shipper to get the deal, then hold the goods hostage at the receiving end to extort money from the buyer.

When I ordered a seat from Seat Concepts last year they refused to send International shipments via USPS anymore as they require a 7 month waiting period on lost goods before making good on it. Meanwhile Seat Concepts has had to send out another product at their own cost to satisfy the customer. They say UPS has proper tracking and coverage on his end.

Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom