Who's still riding? (Fall & Winter 2021 Edition) | Page 9 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Who's still riding? (Fall & Winter 2021 Edition)

Looks like it’s warming up end of this week hopefully it’s true

I hope so, I still need to get my tank filled up with stabilized fuel.....she's been sitting on E for a few weeks right now because I haven't been able to get out, and that's a crappy situation this time of year.

I was out for about 30 minutes on Saturday to run an errand. Played dodge the salt piles.

My local forecast for Saturday seems to be getting warmer, sunnier, and dryer every time I check.

I almost started performing surgery on the foam in my seat the other day....good thing I didn't, (I need to take it to a local auto upholstery place to have the cover stapled back on when I'm done carving the foam to fit my ass better. My Arrow T50 staple gun ain't gonna cut it.)

Street bike Ginny is parked down in the basement, on stands with battery tender.
Getting dirt bike Sally ready, new tires, ice racing studs, chain saw on the back rack - time to clear trails and hit some trees. What else to do in snow and ice? No heated clothing or grips, usually hot and sweating from the activity.

SALLY is ready, waiting for white stuff!
PM if you want to go out in the woods

Attachments

• SALLY.jpg
    SALLY.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 24
I almost started performing surgery on the foam in my seat the other day....good thing I didn't, (I need to take it to a local auto upholstery place to have the cover stapled back on when I'm done carving the foam to fit my ass better. My Arrow T50 staple gun ain't gonna cut it.)

Yeah, a lot of people said using a manual stapler to install was a pain. I originally tried the Stanley FatMax electric for my Seat Concepts kit, but it wasn't strong enough to push the staples all the way into the seat pan. Then I borrowed an Arrow PT50 to use with my compressor, and it was so easy it was actually fun. They're $50 if you have to buy one, or maybe you can rent from their tool rental.

Well the rain finished up earlier then expected, and the temps seem nice, was thinking to pop out for a bit, but that wind...ghessh.
Wait until tomorrow see what that is like.

Wanted to get out today. Just couldn't do it, too many chores and errands. Saw a big slew of Electra Glides all dressed up as Santas though. Everyone was honking their horns at them.

I made it out before the wind REALLY picked up on the way home ... roads were damp but no water. It reminded me of an early spring day ... was weird listening to Christmas music though as I'm flicking through the stations on the Cardo.

I also got out for a bit today. Looked like an accident involving a bike on the QEW near Cawthra this afternoon. Hope the rider is ok.
Awesome day out otherwise.

Last edited:
I may pull the bike out of storage and do a short ride to Kleinburg or Main St Unionville. Fingers crossed the heated gear will keep me sane.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom