What will become of Parler? | Page 5 | GTAMotorcycle.com

What will become of Parler?

Like I said, I think they are after amd will get a settlement. It’s a win win for Parler investors. I know Dan personally and it would work out really well for him

And it’s all within the laws of free speech.

the only issue is that there is a huge population that looks to FB, Twitter and Reddit for their daily dose of news. As such they may be forced to be judged to a higher standard.

but in the end....their playground....their rules.
no one's putting a gun to their head to get their news from social media, if i were twitter i'd tell the government to go fly a kite.

Like I said, I think they are after amd will get a settlement. It’s a win win for Parler investors. I know Dan personally and it would work out really well for him

Unless they can get the case heard in a Circuit Court in Missouri, I don't see it happening.

Most people shouldn’t get their information from those sources....that’s the issue. I know well enough that the social media “news” is many rungs down the ladder from what’s actually important.
Social media is a bunch of things - entertainment, community, soapbox, message conduit, idea exchange, and often it is a source of news.

Most days makes a couple of hours of news. In the old days that got consolidated into an hour or two and delivered to you by Walter Cronkite, Peter Jennings, David Brinkley, Peter Mansbridge etc. into a concise report of the days newsworthy events. The 24 hour news channel didn't make more news, they just made them stretch 2 hours of daily news to fill a 24 hour time slot -- basically they use news as fuel for opinion, panel and commentary entertainment. With a few exceptions mainstream media has a liberal bias which can make it difficult for Conservative politicians to reach the public directly through the press - their messages are often filtered, spun, convoluted and sometimes just buried.

Trump could reach the harder right through FOX, but not always the middle and left. That's why he depended so heavily on Twitter. While Twitter the company is self stated as liberal, it's users base has less bias, they are across the political spectrum. For the most part Twitter does not interfere with messaging the same way mainstream media does.

You know what we call someone who gives you 4 years worth of chances before kicking you out?

A dumb girlfriend.

You know what we call someone who gives you 4 years worth of chances before kicking you out?

A dumb girlfriend.
Nancy? Chuck?

Social media is a bunch of things - entertainment, community, soapbox, message conduit, idea exchange, and often it is a source of news.

Most days makes a couple of hours of news. In the old days that got consolidated into an hour or two and delivered to you by Walter Cronkite, Peter Jennings, David Brinkley, Peter Mansbridge etc. into a concise report of the days newsworthy events. The 24 hour news channel didn't make more news, they just made them stretch 2 hours of daily news to fill a 24 hour time slot -- basically they use news as fuel for opinion, panel and commentary entertainment. With a few exceptions mainstream media has a liberal bias which can make it difficult for Conservative politicians to reach the public directly through the press - their messages are often filtered, spun, convoluted and sometimes just buried.

Trump could reach the harder right through FOX, but not always the middle and left. That's why he depended so heavily on Twitter. While Twitter the company is self stated as liberal, it's users base has less bias, they are across the political spectrum. For the most part Twitter does not interfere with messaging the same way mainstream media does.

Social media providers are middlemen....worse than that they can further filter news catering to a particular individual so that the individual stays longer on the social media site possibly generating more revenue for that site.

If I stick to a mainstream recognized media site, unless it’s at the fringes, I am my own filter. I prefer it that way so I get a reasonably honest viewpoint.

Social media providers are middlemen....worse than that they can further filter news catering to a particular individual so that the individual stays longer on the social media site possibly generating more revenue for that site.

If I stick to a mainstream recognized media site, unless it’s at the fringes, I am my own filter. I prefer it that way so I get a reasonably honest viewpoint.
So is google news mainstream or social? Definitely elements of both.

So is google news mainstream or social? Definitely elements of both.

google does news? Or are you referring to them just linking other sites?

google does news? Or are you referring to them just linking other sites?
News.google.xxx links to other sites but the links are curated to match your profile. Two different people searching for the same topic can get vastly different results (normally results that confirm your opinion).

Exactly. Their rules. Paul could ban you from GTAM because he doesn't like your haircut. You have zero recourse. It's EXACTLY the same, other than the size of the pond.
It's perfect example . But were are dealing with politics of a country not a motorcycle website . The consequences here are really meaningless . But on the big three they can control outcomes of elections . Just like they did in the US .

I hope you read and comprehend .

How did the removal of Parler from app stores and their access to servers 2 weeks ago affect the outcome of the election?

How did the removal of Parler from app stores and their access to servers 2 weeks ago affect the outcome of the election?

It's not just about Parler . It filtering information you are allowed to see . FB and TWitter put fact checkers on any information about Biden . They suppressed a story from the NY TIMES about Biden son dealings with China .

This is the media you listen to last 4 years about Trumps corruption . You know the never happened pee tapes and collusion with Russia . 4 year attack on complete lies . But yet people still belive it because the tv told them so .

I wonder how many people here have even used parler

Back
Top Bottom