What will become of Parler? | GTAMotorcycle.com

What will become of Parler?

Mad Mike

They have been off line for a while. I have never been there (nor do I ever visit Twitter), but this seems like a big deal in the free speech world. Seems like they are being 'Napstered' by big tech.

Does anyone follow Parler or have an opinion as to what is next?

They have been off line for a while. I have never been there (nor do I ever visit Twitter), but this seems like a big deal in the free speech world. Seems like they are being 'Napstered' by big tech.

Does anyone follow Parler or have an opinion as to what is next?

My understanding is, a lot of the people who were at the insurrection attempt were on there, and were making repeated violent threats not long after the attack, and the people running parler were essentially told to get it under control, they didnt, so their host(AWS?) took them offline

Its like when car companies decide to axe a certain brand(pontiac comes to mind)
What does this mean? There are still alternate channels and platforms for people who cant work within the confines of the mainstream platforms (Gab comes to mind, 4chan etc) And im sure there will be more options for people to choose from in the coming years

tldr version:
If you say wild ****, you better have your own infrastructure as well

As far as I read and understood they were told to calm down the rhetoric and didn’t do anything. Their argument of ‘free speech’ went out the window where there was suppression, banning and deleting of anything that went against the narrative. Their attempt at moderation was a handful of volunteers to parse through the comments of thousands of users. Good riddance. They’ll be back in one way or another. If not them, someone will take their place. Also read some musings about the owners relationship with a Russian wife that was the daughter of a big political family. Meh.

But I’ve never been on it and don’t know much outside of what I read.

I wonder if Twitter fears Trump. What if he did invest or launch a competing platform? I’m sure the pure curiosity combined with his original followers could put it in the big leagues of social media. Twitter is ostensibly the CNN of social media, maybe there is room for a FOX version?

As far as I read and understood they were told to calm down the rhetoric and didn’t do anything. Their argument of ‘free speech’ went out the window where there was suppression, banning and deleting of anything that went against the narrative. Their attempt at moderation was a handful of volunteers to parse through the comments of thousands of users. Good riddance. They’ll be back in one way or another. If not them, someone will take their place. Also read some musings about the owners relationship with a Russian wife that was the daughter of a big political family. Meh.

But I’ve never been on it and don’t know much outside of what I read.
Glossed over it a bit, I posted an interview with a company executive in another thread.

Basicly they were given 48 hour notice to make changes to their infrastructure/setup that from their POV was unreasonable.

They do not use computer software to sift through posts and delete content. It's setup as a public town hall sorta thing, like the forums here. People can report content and flag it for moderators. They did this on purpose, to provide an alternative to 'unnecessary censorship" as opposed to FB and Twitter.

Free speech is fine but think about if the messages were about your kid?

”Your kid is fat”...cruel, but it’s just words.
”I’m going to find your kid and hurt him because he’s fat”....unacceptable threats.

Thats where these messaging apps crossed a line and what’s more they revelled in it.

There will be another right wing echo chamber, but ever so slowly, at least some of those people will realize that they're the ones living in an alternate world. Reality will set in, if only in part...and it will take a long time.

Free speech is fine but think about if the messages were about your kid?

”Your kid is fat”...cruel, but it’s just words.
”I’m going to find your kid and hurt him because he’s fat”....unacceptable threats.

Thats where these messaging apps crossed a line and what’s more they revelled in it.
People think that ‘free speech’ means they can say anything without consequences of any kind....

Not how it works, but a convenient excuse for being a piece of $hit human being.

People think that ‘free speech’ means they can say anything without consequences of any kind....

Not how it works, but a convenient excuse for being a piece of $hit human being.

Everyone should look at differing points of view (a conspiracy theory isn’t a differing point of view.,.it’s just ********) and I agree that if you stifle the opposing viewpoint you get a polarized community, but hate speech isn’t free speech.

Does it matter, I heard they all were tricked and it was a LARP all along, now the game is over.... :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

I wonder if Twitter fears Trump. What if he did invest or launch a competing platform? I’m sure the pure curiosity combined with his original followers could put it in the big leagues of social media. Twitter is ostensibly the CNN of social media, maybe there is room for a FOX version?
You've never heard of ben shapiro have you?

My understanding is, a lot of the people who were at the insurrection attempt were on there, and were making repeated violent threats not long after the attack, and the people running parler were essentially told to get it under control, they didnt, so their host(AWS?) took them offline
Please post your source for this information . Parler was de platformed by the big three period . ANTIFA and BLM are all over FB and Twitter yet don't get blocked .

You've never heard of ben shapiro have you?
I used to listen to him all the time . But now I listen to Michael Knowles he is much more centrist .

There will be another right wing echo chamber, but ever so slowly, at least some of those people will realize that they're the ones living in an alternate world. Reality will set in, if only in part...and it will take a long time.
Free speech is now considered right wing .

Please post your source for this information . Parler was de platformed by the big three period . ANTIFA and BLM are all over FB and Twitter yet don't get blocked .
Huh? What does apple/google/amazon have to do with the actions of FB/Twitter? Those are five separate companies. I'm not saying what any of them did is right or wrong as I haven't looked into it far enough, but you need to compare within a specific company. If Apple kicks Parler as it is being used as a tool to organize protests with insufficient oversight, they should also kick equivalent apps being used to organize violent, illegal BLM events. I don't know of an equivalent BLM app.

There are lots of alternative publications that follow their own drumbeat, Watchtower ? and you can say/ do pretty much whatever you like , as long as your a stand alone.
Using someone that doesnt share your views means they can pull the plug on your agenda and narrative.

Free speech is for those that can afford to pay the cost of that freedom.

Back
Top Bottom