What will become of Parler? | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

What will become of Parler?

Are you twelve ? You are starting to post like a twelve year old at a playground

What part of what I typed can I explain for in further detail so you so you can understand it better?

Perhaps you could explain to me what "Free speech" and "What the big 3 control what you see" have to do with each other while you're at it. I'm going to assume you're trying to connect what you feel is a narrative being fed to the public by the big bad media somehow constraining what they're allowed to say as a result?

Again, I'm not totally sure you understand what free speech truly is.

Free speech is not what you seem to think it is. The two things you're connecting aren't even on the same page, that aside.
Don't forget...
The person you're commenting to seems to think that the Epoch Times is the honest gospel truth...

Don't forget...
The person you're commenting to seems to think that the Epoch Times is the honest gospel truth...
I dont know what their deal is, but they sure seem to dislike china(like every article)

Whether you like Parler or not, the discussion ought to be whether big tech can squelch free speech.

if memory serves me correct, Twitter was the platform used to energize most of the riots that have happened this year, including the Capitol riots.

you can still get the Twitter app from Apple and Google as of today. Hmmm?

Storming the Capitol and threatening to kill people, and actually killing one, evidently is at a different level from your garden-variety breaking and burning stuff that we saw earlier in the year. That got someone's attention.

The summer rioting at least had a somewhat-noble cause as an excuse ... police brutality and racism (which are real issues and are real, actual problems).

This one had a fundamentally illegal cause as its grounds ... attempting to overturn an election, an illegal act based upon "alternative facts" and propaganda arising from a corrupt occupant of the White House.

Storming the Capitol and threatening to kill people, and actually killing one, evidently is at a different level from your garden-variety breaking and burning stuff that we saw earlier in the year. That got someone's attention.

The summer rioting at least had a somewhat-noble cause as an excuse ... police brutality and racism (which are real issues and are real, actual problems).

This one had a fundamentally illegal cause as its grounds ... attempting to overturn an election, an illegal act based upon "alternative facts" and propaganda arising from a corrupt occupant of the White House.
Real problems or not, Twitter has drawn their line in the sand. Either they treat everyone else the same going forward or they prove not only bias but that their haven't got a shred of integrity.

Real problems or not, Twitter has drawn their line in the sand. Either they treat everyone else the same going forward or they prove not only bias but that their haven't got a shred of integrity.
Where's the line they have drawn? Lying? Inciting violence? Assembling protesters? There are a lot of ways what they could be be interpreted and applied going forward.

It was easy to cut the head off the snake with Trump as he was clearly the leader of a movement. Decentralized movements like BLM are much harder to deal with as there is no clear organizational structure.

For what it's worth, I don't expect twitter to have any integrity. The same as every other corporation that took a government handout in 2020 even if it wasn't necessary to survive. They are all in it for #1 and could give a flying (*&(* about integrity if it makes them more money. It would be nice if they had it, but it is an unrealistic expectation in todays society unfortunately.

Where's the line they have drawn? Lying? Inciting violence? Assembling protesters? There are a lot of ways what they could be be interpreted and applied going forward.

It was easy to cut the head off the snake with Trump as he was clearly the leader of a movement. Decentralized movements like BLM are much harder to deal with as there is no clear organizational structure.

For what it's worth, I don't expect twitter to have any integrity. The same as every other corporation that took a government handout in 2020 even if it wasn't necessary to survive. They are all in it for #1 and could give a flying (*&(* about integrity if it makes them more money. It would be nice if they had it, but it is an unrealistic expectation in todays society unfortunately.
The line is that once you start banning 1 person for this, everyone displaying the same behavior also needs the ban hammer.

And it looks like they started down the right path;

Im a veteran of the bernie bro wars and have been banned multiple times, when do I get to cry and moan about it?

What part of what I typed can I explain for in further detail so you so you can understand it better?

Perhaps you could explain to me what "Free speech" and "What the big 3 control what you see" have to do with each other while you're at it. I'm going to assume you're trying to connect what you feel is a narrative being fed to the public by the big bad media somehow constraining what they're allowed to say as a result?

Again, I'm not totally sure you understand what free speech truly is.
If you don't understand what I am saying . I can't help you .

I came from a communist country . I have a practical experience when it comes to free speech . You will be experiencing it soon . If things don't change with the big 3 .

There seems to be a bit of heat towards Twitter being posted. If you're that concerned about "Big 3" trampling your (interpretation of) free speech (yes, I'm talking to you, thbbft), when Twitter et al upgrade their ToSs, (probably soon, all things considered) and you scroll rapidly to the bottom of it, don't click on the I Agree button.

If you don't understand what I am saying

To be fair, I think a lot of people probably have trouble trying to understand what you're saying.

How about you just explain my question born out of your statement - how does the media control what YOU or I can say under commonly accepted free speech laws?

Before you attack the "accepted free speech laws", be reminded that there are limits to free speech, or in Canada specifically, Freedom of Expression - both have limits and neither are an absolute right, as would be the case with slander, libel, threats of violence, etc.

Back on your original argument, does some media feed a narrative? Absolutely. But I can completely turn off the media (or fawn and obsess over it 24 hours a day) and neither will have effected my free speech / freedom of expression one bit, so again, I fail to see the connection. How about explaining the thought process to us instead of just pulling a strawman argument on the topic.

Well, there's always this. Old Skool, baby. Breaker breaker Fellow Freedum Fighter.

EsXB0YeXAAAGl41.jpg

Podcasts on Ham radio. The possibilities are endless. Viva la revolution!

I hear ya, but wasn’t the dog whistling and charge orders for the Capitol (and other riots) delivered using Parler’s competitor, Twitter?

It was ... but this event got the attention of the various governments and companies involved.

Back
Top Bottom