What will become of Parler? | Page 6 | GTAMotorcycle.com

What will become of Parler?

But yet people still belive it because the tv told them so .

"Q" thinks that there's a secret cabal of Satan-worshipping, cannibalistic pedophiles running a global child sex-trafficking ring and plotting against Trump and it's their responsibility to follow Trump into a great reckoning.

PIzzagate had Trump fans believing that Hillary Clinton was running a child sex ring out of the back of a pizza place.

I'm sure I can find lots of videos online you can watch so "The TV told you so".

What's ultimately missing on both sides of the fence is critical thinking skills. Crying "the TV told you so" or "The media twists the facts" or "You're in an echo chamber because it's all you want to hear is that side of the argument" is all a total cop-out. If people stopped blindly believing everything they read and see online just because it (*cough*) fits their preconceived notions, well, what the media is "Feeding" people would be irrelevant as people would use their critical thinking skills to realize what's actually nonsense versus facts.

The problem is people willingly gobble up the nonsense (again, that preconceived notion thing) and discard the truth.

Last edited:
"Q" thinks that there's a secret cabal of Satan-worshipping, cannibalistic pedophiles running a global child sex-trafficking ring and plotting against Trump and it's their responsibility to follow Trump into a great reckoning.

PIzzagate had Trump fans believing that Hillary Clinton was running a child sex ring out of the back of a pizza place.

I'm sure I can find lots of videos online you can watch so "The TV told you so".

What's ultimately missing on both sides of the fence is critical thinking skills. Crying "the TV told you so" or "The media twists the facts" or "You're in an echo chamber because it's all you want to hear is that side of the argument" is all a total cop-out. If people stopped blindly believing everything they read and see online just because it (*cough*) fits their preconceived notions, well, what the media is "Feeding" people would be irrelevant as people would use their critical thinking skills to realize what's actually nonsense versus facts.

The problem is people willingly gobble up the nonsense (again, that preconceived notion thing) and discard the truth.
yeah but mah Freedom of speech!

I read what people write in the covid thread . I see how people are influenced by parroting the TV and main media . Just by the drivel they write there .

Not sure what you are rambling on about in this post . But it is obvious the left has thrown you some sort out far out bone . You bit on it and can't let go .

When it comes to critical thinking it was gone long time ago in the covid thread and it's defiantly missing in this thread .

Oh yeah " Orange man bad " . There that should make you happy .

I read what people write in the covid thread . I see how people are influenced by parroting the TV and main media . Just by the drivel they write there .

Not sure what you are rambling on about in this post . But it is obvious the left has thrown you some sort out far out bone . You bit on it and can't let go .

When it comes to critical thinking it was gone long time ago in the covid thread and it's defiantly missing in this thread .

Oh yeah " Orange man bad " . There that should make you happy .

I seem to remember you had an issue with the science in that thread.....that’s totally different from this discussion.

Thing about politics is it's an equal opportunity game. Critical thinking skills not required, everyone is invited to play.

Critical thinking is 'a thing', not 'the thing'. There are dangers in suggesting everyone must have or develop these skills -- they, like riding a motorcycle, are not mandatory skills, nor does more people having them make a greater society.

In fact one the great challenges of neoliberalism is all that critical thinking circle jerking has isolated thoughts in the media, education, and among mobile metropolitan populations to the point where they have convinced each other that laying out the facts is enough to make everyone agree. Turns out while facts matter, so do values, something that critical thinkers seem to look away from. When values are pressed into the discussion they are poo pooed as non scientific, largely because values are hard to understand when think them thru with Spockish logic.

Go ahead and think critically. Just don't let them fancy words make you think you are elite and worthy of a higher hand in any discussion.

Last edited:
Thing about politics is it's an equal opportunity game. Critical thinking skills not required, everyone is invited to play.

Critical thinking is 'a thing', not 'the thing'. There are dangers in suggesting everyone must have or develop these skills -- they, like riding a motorcycle, are not mandatory skills, nor does more people having them make a greater society.

In fact one the great challenges of neoliberalism is all that critical thinking circle jerking has isolated thoughts in the media, education, and among mobile metropolitan populations to the point where they have convinced each other that laying out the facts is enough to make everyone agree. Turns out while facts matter, so do values, something that critical thinkers seem to look away from. When values are pressed into the discussion they are poo pooed as non scientific, largely because values are hard to understand when think them thru with Spockish logic.

Go ahead and think critically. Just don't let them fancy words make you think you are elite and worthy of a higher hand in any discussion.
Ok neoliberalism ;-)

I seem to remember you had an issue with the science in that thread.....that’s totally different from this discussion.

No, he wants to connect the two. Because some of us believe in science, believe the doctors and scientists more than we trust random strangers on the Internet, and because we’ve had friends and family actually effected by it and seen what it can do (and many have seen people die from it), we’re sheep.

Because we actually want to take one iota of precaution to try to avoid getting (and spreading) it, we’re sheep.

Because “the media has scared us”. Not because we just believe in the doctors and scientists and know how to interpret the date and construe an opinion that their concern is actually valid.

We’re the sheep. The same ones watching US politics and thinking that maybe, just maybe, Trump was a poor choice of president.

He’s an all knowing “patriot” sort running around yelling “It’s just the flu”, “masks don’t work”, and “it has a 99.9% survival rate!”, I’m sure. Be knows more than the doctors and the scientists and the virologists and the pulmonologists and the researchers RF al. And all of us combined. Don’t you forget that.

And he’s not interested in *anything* he may see online that challenges those beliefs, nor facts. Because we’re sheep and he “knows”.

Something something communist country, sheeple, freedom of speech, Trudope, Orange man.

It's media science practiced in that thread . You have people whining wear a mask run and hide . But their wife visits their elderly mother in a seniors home . If they practiced science they wouldn't step a foot in a seniors home . That is the type of logic , critical thinking and science that exists there .

I posted a link where countries agree with my views about tech giants . You have a couple of so called critical thinkers here that just don't get it .

It's media science practiced in that thread . You have people whining wear a mask run and hide . But their wife visits their elderly mother in a seniors home . If they practiced science they wouldn't step a foot in a seniors home . That is the type of logic , critical thinking and science that exists there .

I posted a link where countries agree with my views about tech giants . You have a couple of so called critical thinkers here that just don't get it .

So are you following the current scientifically based advice or is this all a deflection because you just want to carry on doing what you want to do?

It's media science practiced in that thread . You have people whining wear a mask run and hide . But their wife visits their elderly mother in a seniors home . If they practiced science they wouldn't step a foot in a seniors home . That is the type of logic , critical thinking and science that exists there . .
There is a balance that is hard to maintain. Nobody will argue that a visit to a nursing home is risk-free. The staff that are working in the homes are completely overrun and have no time to hang out, talk, interact, dance, etc with residents. Few would argue that the residents quality of life is not improved by visits from loved ones (more mobility, more mental stimulus, more personal care eg hair brushing, etc). It is easy to say throw the switch and exclude all visits because of the covid risk but that automatically causes many other issues. You try sitting alone in a room for a year with someone changing your diaper and dropping food in front of you a few times a day and see what that does to your mental state.

I have a decent amount of experience with LTC and I don't have a clear position on whether visits should be allowed or not. I think visits with the strict testing and PPE protocols that they have in place are probably one of the best positions to deal with this dumpster fire. Others may have different opinions and that's ok too. I don't think there is a single right answer as you are dealing with a continuum of risk.

Last edited:
So are you following the current scientifically based advice or is this all a deflection because you just want to carry on doing what you want to do?
The our medical leaders flip flopped on masks . In the US Fauci flip flopped on masks . Who knows what the WHO is doing when they are the ones that covered up for China . But I'm the problem . Right . You can't understand what free speech is but you are an expert on the VID . GO watch CBC and CNN they have your facts ready .

You do realise that we know more now than we knew then, right?

Which means ... the advice changes as the available knowledge changes.

South of us, it really didn't help matters that politics got involved and limited the ability of the facts to be spoken, because the implication was against the views of a certain leader who is not there any more.

I’m pretty sure we all know the answer for that.

The our medical leaders flip flopped on masks . In the US Fauci flip flopped on masks . Who knows what the WHO is doing when they are the ones that covered up for China . But I'm the problem . Right . You can't understand what free speech is but you are an expert on the VID . GO watch CBC and CNN they have your facts ready .

so...blah blah right wing talking points...blah blah don’t understand how science works...blah blah..just going to carry on carrying on.

Got it.

so...blah blah right wing talking points...blah blah don’t understand how science works...blah blah..just going to carry on carrying on.

Got it.
Yup you will . I have no doubt of that . They have you where they want you scared .

Yup you will . I have no doubt of that . They have you where they want you scared .

Not scared. Informed.

Funny...I hear the exact same thing from other people that don’t have the smarts to comprehend what’s going on.

One more .

Back
Top Bottom