What did you do in your garage today..? | Page 30 | GTAMotorcycle.com

What did you do in your garage today..?

Almost wondering if it would’ve better to just build an 8ft ramp out of plywood to make the angle lower when going up. But just threw out the boxes for the ramps.

I don't think so.

That trailer is hella low compared to the bed of my pickup truck and I have the exact same ramp you're using. You just need some practice clutching it up while walking beside the bike up the ramp.

If your platform is less than 24" high, two strong guys could probably deadlift your bike up right up onto that trailer without a ramp.

If you have some scraps sitting around, you can always make one as a temp solution.

f4f982a423f51f42e0d31d07e65cc971.jpg

e8261d50ca41acdb305eb2e3e9c6e249.jpg

adc5799f712aa5ea7d8c0467b6d479c0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Technically this is in my garage so I guess this counts...

After buying this toolbox off another rider 5 years ago, I kept forgetting to remove all the crap stickers he had on it. Took a few hours to get them off and remove as much residual glue as I could.

I had a bunch of stickers of my own from various trips and other things, so it was time. Two of my old side cases are covered in other trip stickers, but I don’t use them any more so they are just collecting dust. Now I need to go on some rides to new places and get more stickers!

i-vGG8VJ6.jpg

i-hf73Tnx.jpg

After buying this toolbox off another rider 5 years ago, I kept forgetting to remove all the crap stickers he had on it. Took a few hours to get them off and remove as much residual glue as I could.

I had a bunch of stickers of my own from various trips and other things, so it was time. Two of my old side cases are covered in other trip stickers, but I don’t use them any more so they are just collecting dust. Now I need to go on some rides to new places and get more stickers!

i-vGG8VJ6.jpg

i-hf73Tnx.jpg
Looking good, Shane, but you've got some catching up to do. IMG_20210921_181930224.jpg

i-vGG8VJ6.jpg

i-hf73Tnx.jpg

Stickers add HP. By my calculations that’s a 600HP toolbox

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com mobile app

i-vGG8VJ6.jpg

i-hf73Tnx.jpg
I see your NRG sticker. After touring (crossing) the New River Gorge Bridge did you check out any of the nearby ghost towns? Nuttallburg or Thurmond? The bridge over to Thurmond is one of those steel grate jobs where you look down and see water. If you're lucky a train rolls by while you're there.
Or snake down the gorge and cross the lower bridge? It's the best vantage point for pics of the big bridge.

I see your NRG sticker. After touring (crossing) the New River Gorge Bridge did you check out any of the nearby ghost towns? Nuttallburg or Thurmond? The bridge over to Thurmond is one of those steel grate jobs where you look down and see water. If you're lucky a train rolls by while you're there.
Or snake down the gorge and cross the lower bridge? It's the best vantage point for pics of the big bridge.
Awesome - thanks for the tip.
I happened to just be riding along the 19south to get to the Back of the Dragon and saw the signs for the NRG. So I decided to check it out, but didn't really know much about the area. I didn't know about Thurmond, but just looked it up now and seems like a bunch of cool things to do in the area.

Awesome - thanks for the tip.
I happened to just be riding along the 19south to get to the Back of the Dragon and saw the signs for the NRG. So I decided to check it out, but didn't really know much about the area. I didn't know about Thurmond, but just looked it up now and seems like a bunch of cool things to do in the area.
As general rule we always google for ghost towns in different areas we're headed to. Roadside America is a good site too.
For instance the abandonned locomotives from the train wreck scene in the movie "Fugitive" still sits on the side of the tracks in Dillsboro NC. We got a tour of it by one of the railway workers who took 6 months off to work as the technical guy on the movie for this shot.

I picked up another wideband O2 (aem 30-4110 this time). The plan is to get it configured as a portable unit to stuff in the exhaust of engines. Obviously, only works reasonably on exhausts without cats.

As general rule we always google for ghost towns in different areas we're headed to. Roadside America is a good site too.
For instance the abandonned locomotives from the train wreck scene in the movie "Fugitive" still sits on the side of the tracks in Dillsboro NC. We got a tour of it by one of the railway workers who took 6 months off to work as the technical guy on the movie for this shot.
Interesting. I have spent most of my rides just focused on hitting as many twisty roads, so hopefully I can slow it down a touch and see a bit more on my next trip down there. I'll check out the Roadside America website too.

Today I did an oil change, cleaned up and replaced my front brakes and swapped out the rear tire to a fresh Michelin Road 5.
It was my first time trying out the EBC HH brake pads and they seem to have a bit more bite than the OEM pads. Went out for a quick spin and was pretty impressed with the emergency braking difference.
I'm always impressed by how much less chatter there is after doing a fresh oil change too. Brings on such a smooth ride.

Back
Top Bottom