What did you do in your garage today..? | Page 31 | GTAMotorcycle.com

What did you do in your garage today..?

Here's one for folks over 40. Turns out you can stack $ store readers to get the power you need. So when I need stronger ones I don't throw out the weaker ones. These look goofy, were fun to make and work AMAZING. A couple rubber washers provide the needed "stiction"
HPIM1071.jpg

HPIM1073.jpg

Painted the cases for my old SOHC. Ok not technically in my garage but you can see it in the background.
View attachment 51571
We had a cold Spring years ago and track season was approaching fast. I painted my fiberglass fairings in my unfinished basement. That was not my best idea. Furnace survived but just barely. It still had red paint dust in it when I sold the house.

We had a cold Spring years ago and track season was approaching fast. I painted my fiberglass fairings in my unfinished basement. That was not my best idea. Furnace survived but just barely. It still had red paint dust in it when I sold the house.
I can do better. In collage my room mate and I painted two bikes in the basement of a rented townhouse. Everything in the basement had overspray but we thought the main floor had been spared. Then we moved the couch and saw where the register had spewed the overspray on the carpet underneath.
It gets better.
Assembling my bike in the living room I saw a whiff of smoke and assumed it was coming from a joint. Turns out the clip on light with a bare bulb we were using was laying on the carpet creating a neat little hockey puck in the rug.
Never rent to students.

I can do better. In collage my room mate and I painted two bikes in the basement of a rented townhouse. Everything in the basement had overspray but we thought the main floor had been spared. Then we moved the couch and saw where the register had spewed the overspray on the carpet underneath.
It gets better.
Assembling my bike in the living room I saw a whiff of smoke and assumed it was coming from a joint. Turns out the clip on light with a bare bulb we were using was laying on the carpet creating a neat little hockey puck in the rug.
Never rent to students.
We had a few couches that didnt want to move out of the basement easily so we chainsawed them into more manageable pieces. Chainsaw had old gas that was mostly oil. Visibility was down to 6' before the job was done.

My rule was always open a window before you start a motorcycle in the house. The Squeeze was so happy when I finally built the garage.

Helped my dad put the hood and shifter from an old car of his on his garage wall

4brbGtO.jpg

I decided to wash the bike and car around 630 and I put too much ceramic wax stuff. Got dark before it dried so Both vehicles are super oily 😂

I was really lucky this didn't happen. My furnace filter was clogged and caked red. Lucky I didn't have a fire.

Having my morning coffee under the ir heater. Part of my routine the last couple years. When there was a Duc in the garage, i always sat next to it and just enjoyed being able to take it in for what it was. An artistic expression.
With the Yamaha Tenere,i hardly give it a glance. It's a great bike and i am not regretting the change at all. Is just a very functional tool. Nothing more.
Coffee is good at 2 deg.

I’m not suggesting I’m being tracked online, but my news feed today showed an add for a portable spray paint booth on sale from Lee Valley :D

Here's one for folks over 40. Turns out you can stack $ store readers to get the power you need. So when I need stronger ones I don't throw out the weaker ones. These look goofy, were fun to make and work AMAZING. A couple rubber washers provide the needed "stiction"
View attachment 51573
Kudos to you, Sir!

What's that they say?
Necessity is the mother of invention?

Never ever ever ever ever again will i cut my wife's hair.

Attachments

• received_272689978191113.jpeg
    received_272689978191113.jpeg
    36 KB · Views: 42
Never ever ever ever ever again will i cut my wife's hair.
You're depriving us of the best part. Would the Squeeze not agree to a shot of her rocking the new doo?

Doing an oil change and filter on my SUV, its a breeze, I don't even have to jack up the front end. It uses full synthetic and has a "Maintenance Minder" in the dash which gives you oil lifespan readings and counts down from 100% to 0 % over the course of about 15,000 km. I just go with that, but my mechanic strongly believes that the recommended interval between synthetic oil changes as specified by many manufacturers is too long, esp. with BMW and Volks/Audi

Back
Top Bottom