What did you do in your garage today..? | Page 28 | GTAMotorcycle.com

What did you do in your garage today..?

This is my plan. If I get into that I’ll start a new thread on how to do a valve adjustment / clearance check.

Then I guess spark plugs at that time also….

I think I need a Haynes repair manual.
hahaha valve adjustment...When I did the valve adjustment i accidently dropped a shim and was going to tear the engine apart to find the fker. lucky God listened to my prayers and i was able to pick it up with a magnet. When i heard that click, i was so happy.

if you are planning to do valve adjustment please be very careful

No no…when I go for the valve clearance job….I need lots and lots of my limoncello and grapefruit drink. Nice 50%!

Which reminds me I’m running low…stuff goes fast!

DD75E891-B26A-4507-90F3-9E5075260A4F.jpeg

Took a 750mL to a get together…gone in 10min and people were ****** with me for not bringing more.

That’s cheap? Compared to what?

Probably more expensive than my car!
Fellow dirt rider gave me a great deal on it. Since baby #2 is coming in Nov we aren't spending as much on sledding this season. New motor and really nice track plus lots of extras so I'm happy and wife likes the colour and the optional comfy seat that came with it. Other than a $50 idler wheel and the usual going over for the season it's ready to go. Gives me something else to tinker with in the garage :)

FWIW, I dont like that style of hack saw. I just hand hold a blade or use a mini hacksaw. Mini hacksaw are great for bolts too.

51Sb7zzo1LS._AC_SL1500_.jpg
Isn't this a coping saw and it's used for trim and moulding?

Isn't this a coping saw and it's used for trim and moulding?
Similar but different. Stiffer than a coping saw amd less throat depth. Different blades too. Mine is a little different but similar concept. The key is it uses blades much smaller than a conventional hacksaw.

Fellow dirt rider gave me a great deal on it. Since baby #2 is coming in Nov we aren't spending as much on sledding this season. New motor and really nice track plus lots of extras so I'm happy and wife likes the colour and the optional comfy seat that came with it. Other than a $50 idler wheel and the usual going over for the season it's ready to go. Gives me something else to tinker with in the garage :)
Congrats on the the gas baby and squishy baby too.

Done and done!

547C3EB9-ACA3-4101-B46A-8F1DEAC2D996.jpeg

EDIT: test ride went well but in the back of my head I have an urge to rip it apart again just to make sure the front sprocket is torqued still. Triple checked it before I put it back together. Rear is good, chain is good, shifter is good…just learned how to properly raise up the lever without breaking anything this time.

Last edited:
My light bracket finally came in.Mounted my Denali D4's up high where they belong.Turns nite into day.Saw 2 cats and a possum on my little checkout ride.
23N2PH3.jpg

Last edited:
My wife owns three motorcycles but never rides the F650GS any more. She told me if I can sell that bike for a good price, I can buy myself another motorcycle. 😮 :unsure:

So I spent 4 hours on my back in the garage today, scrubbing all the rust off the headers:

IMG_20210902_161717-X2.jpg

IMG_20210902_182416-X2.jpg

IMG_20210902_182420-X2.jpg

Gonna get this mothafocka sold this weekend! :devilish::devilish::devilish:

nothing motivates like a new bike

So whatcha gonna buy is the more important question @Lightcycle

Multistrada 950 or K1300GT.

j/k

Dunno yet, depends on what I can get for the 650.

I'm pricing it at $22,995... That should net me enough to buy the bikes I am looking at...

If it doesn't sell at that price, then I guess I am getting a Grom. :cry:

Back
Top Bottom