Valve Clearance Check | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Valve Clearance Check

frekeyguy

Picked up some brake cleaner and feeler gauges yesterday. Couldn't find the magnetic pick up as it was sold out so I need to go elsewhere before I start taking this thing apart.

Oh and most importantly...need a clear table to actually put all the things into as I take them out. Have a table...need to clear it.
make sure to check the feeler gauges with a mic. some mine were a few micron off

mimico_polak

Site Supporter
make sure to check the feeler gauges with a mic. some mine were a few micron off
Now I’m worried…I’ve got the CT ones…

GreyGhost

Site Supporter
Now I’m worried…I’ve got the CT ones…
You don't need to be worried, you just need the data. If your one labeled .004 is .005 and your one labeled .005 is .006, now you know. Just use one label higher (assuming you trust the mic more than the feeler gauge).

mimico_polak

Site Supporter
Just preparing an order at FN for the spark plugs, brake fluid, and new oil filter.

Anyone recommend something for the brake bleeder kit? Is it needed? Figure while I'm working on the bike may as well do a few things at the same time.

GreyGhost

Site Supporter
Just preparing an order at FN for the spark plugs, brake fluid, and new oil filter.

Anyone recommend something for the brake bleeder kit? Is it needed? Figure while I'm working on the bike may as well do a few things at the same time.
I have a pressure bleeder you can borrow if you want. It works well on round reservoirs, not well on rectangles.

mimico_polak

Site Supporter
Last edited:

ReSTored

If you are changing out fluid I would use Speed Bleeders. You'll probably need 3 of them assuming you have 3 bleed points (at the calipers) in your system, your shop manual will tell you. Quick, simple to use, 5 minutes per bleed.

mimico_polak

Site Supporter
NGK CPR8EA-9 is correct.
Perfect thanks! I'll order them tomorrow. I hate the $50 for free shipping...need something for $20 or so. Maybe some brake fluid.

Was testing the lift today with @shanekingsley and we heard the dreaded leaking of hydraulic fluid from the lift cylinder. Looked like it was coming out from the back so may have been what @Mad Mike was referencing in post #38 with the leaking seals.

Will figure it out.

Top Bottom