Stocks | Page 44 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Stocks

Potash futures how can I lose LOL.
I made a decent amount of money trading potash years ago. I was up about 1% a day when my money was in. My money was in 30 to 50% of the time. There was a predictable pattern at the time. Pattern stopped and I stayed out.

Reactions: LBV
I made a decent amount of money trading potash years ago. I was up about 1% a day when my money was in. My money was in 30 to 50% of the time. There was a predictable pattern at the time. Pattern stopped and I stayed out.
Looking for a pattern on whatever is actually a good move that I've contemplated but never used yet.

Looking for a pattern on whatever is actually a good move that I've contemplated but never used yet.
I can't remember the actual numbers but IIRC I would buy when pot.to dropped below 100 and sell when it went over 130. Wait until it drops below 100 and start again. I rode that wave quite a few times. Sometimes, it would drop to 80 after I bought or 145 after I sold, but who cares, I had no way to predict those swings, I was happy with my 30%.

I can't remember the actual numbers but IIRC I would buy when pot.to dropped below 100 and sell when it went over 130. Wait until it drops below 100 and start again. I rode that wave quite a few times. Sometimes, it would drop to 80 after I bought or 145 after I sold, but who cares, I had no way to predict those swings, I was happy with my 30%.
used to be able to do that with Oil Hou.TO before it went pear shaped and ****** everyone who had anything in it

Reco.v could be big also
rck.v I bought rck at 3 sold at 6 and put the profit back in
Reco could also be the next bre x
Sent from my moto g(8) plus using Tapatalk

Blackberry is killing it for me ... almost tripled my $ so far.

Btw, here's a technology I'm investing in when the opportunity presents itself. I'm pasting from the EV thread:

"Check out what3words. It's an app where the makers have put a 3m x 3m grid over the entire surface of the earth and each 3m squared section is assigned a 3 word address to exactly pinpoint where that location is.

It's going to be added to forthcoming GPS systems and will be essential for accurate drone delivery and autonomous driving where the drone/car needs to know EXACTLY where to drop off the package or pick up the passenger.

I can see that being added to the arsenal of tools of autonomous cars 1 day, especially after 5G."

Btw, here's a technology I'm investing in when the opportunity presents itself. I'm pasting from the EV thread:

"Check out what3words. It's an app where the makers have put a 3m x 3m grid over the entire surface of the earth and each 3m squared section is assigned a 3 word address to exactly pinpoint where that location is.

It's going to be added to forthcoming GPS systems and will be essential for accurate drone delivery and autonomous driving where the drone/car needs to know EXACTLY where to drop off the package or pick up the passenger.

I can see that being added to the arsenal of tools of autonomous cars 1 day, especially after 5G."
I am kicking my self a bit for bailing at 10 but I wanted out of there bad as it had been so stagnant.

What platform are people using for trades? I've signed up with Wealthsimple.

I'm using Scotia tirade. I signed up when it was etrade and online discount brokerages weren't so plentiful. I'm not an active trader, I normally buy and hold so there is no big reason for me to switch.

I use TD WebBroker. The first place to try is with the discount brokerage arm of whatever bank you normally deal with, just set up an account (which should be free) and give it a go.

The only relative comparison I have is to National Bank. For the online brokerage user interface, TD > NB (although NB's system is good enough for what I use it for - a couple of transactions per year with my TFSA). I haven't used anything else.

Td here as well but you have to watch td will charge you if you have less than 10 g in the account I just had to fight with them last month after being charged an account maintenance fee despite being well above that was very close to moving everything from td after that. Not so much the fee but the attitude. Only with them still because someone from head office called to apologise and offer some perks to stay.

What stopped me from setting it up with RBC is their inability to make a working website. I tried to do their 10 minute signup at least 15 times before eventually giving up after multiple glitches, freezing etc. Don't even get me started on their terrible Online Banking site -- Disaster. Rather than calling and having to deal with them, I figured I'd do a little searching and came across this Online Brokers 2013: The best, and cheapest, online brokers in Canada which names VB as the top brokerage company. So I ended up, in a fraction of the time it took me to set up an account with RBC, making an account for this. I'll let you know how it goes.

RBC says this on their website

• All RBC Direct Investing clients enjoy a low commission of $9.95 flat CDN or US for each online and mobile equity trade[SUP]1[/SUP] with no minimum balance or trading activity required. Plus, when you trade 150 times or more per quarter, you pay $6.95 flat CDN or US per Canadian or US equity trade[SUP]1[/SUP].
I'm guessing they charge per trade?

Also according to the list on the globe and mail publication, Virtual Brokers' charges
31,203 dollars for every 1000 shares of a hypothetical 30 dollar microsoft share and RBC charges 31,191 dollars -- not too bad of a difference IMO.

Well... I mean, I'm not putting my money on the line to break even or to lose it all. Though I openly accept the fact that these are two possibilities and risks I'm willing to take for a potential smart investment.
RBC isn’t exactly a leader in this. Try TD direct investing.

Oops. I’m past that now. I keep a few dollars in my direct investing account, I can’t compete with the full service TD Wealth. The look after my money, as much as I think I can outperform them it never happens. Nice to have pros looking after me.

Up large in pre-market. You're going to enjoy holding Betty today. It should open $7.00 - $8.00 above Friday's close.
Congrats!

Reactions: LBV

Back
Top Bottom