Stocks | Page 46 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Stocks

This is so stupid.

Started a short position at $311.
I definitely know only slightly more than nothing about stock trading, but isn't the short borrow fee for GME kinda high at the moment?

I definitely know only slightly more than nothing about stock trading, but isn't the short borrow fee for GME kinda high at the moment?
It is the most shorted stock in the world. Something like 30% is shorted. There are only so many people holding long that are willing to sell a position. Actually, I am surprised the short market is still liquid as a decent percentage of the stock has to be held by morons right now with no idea about financials.

Actually, I am surprised the short market is still liquid as a decent percentage of the stock has to be held by morons right now with no idea about financials.
If my buy actually goes through I will be said moron.

until then I’m happy my VGRO orders went through with no drama.

If my buy actually goes through I will be said moron.

until then I’m happy my VGRO orders went through with no drama.
You understand, you're just gambling. That's ok too as long as you realize it and are playing with money you can afford to lose. You have better odds of making money with GME than OLG.

You understand, you're just gambling. That's ok too as long as you realize it and are playing with money you can afford to lose. You have better odds of making money with GME than OLG.
Yes. This is pure gamble of $2k from my account. I have a small portion for ‘stupid play money’.

This will most likely collapse within hours or days max.
It will be interesting to see. The buying was not based on financials so the morons don't have a great reason to sell. They may think the rocket continues forever (or buy the save gamestop BS, buy games from them if you want them to survive, don't buy their stock). I think the trigger for GME collapse will be the next viral reddit reccomendation as they liquidate positions to move to the next rocket. After a GME collapse, will the reddit viral investments continue or will too many of the hoard be licking their wounds?

It will be interesting to see. The buying was not based on financials so the morons don't have a great reason to sell. They may think the rocket continues forever (or buy the save gamestop BS, buy games from them if you want them to survive, don't buy their stock). I think the trigger for GME collapse will be the next viral reddit reccomendation as they liquidate positions to move to the next rocket. After a GME collapse, will the reddit viral investments continue or will too many of the hoard be licking their wounds?

WSB will go focus on pumping BB and AMC next

Quick story...

A long time ago I worked in a biotech company. We had an up and coming drug in trials in a very important (and emotive) disease area. The company went through a successful IPO at a time when the market was nuts about anything with a sniff of success and before the drug was well into clinical trials, so this IPO was just a run at an opportune time. For fun we logged in to the trader chat forums to see what traders were talking about with the company and it was eye opening. Mostly the chat was pumping up the stock with semi-official ******** that came from a number of sources, some entirely fictional and others including spin news releases from the board of directors of the company. This spin was quite amazing and the trader chat was dangerous as it had worked it's way into patient forums where the patients were expecting to be cured of their ailment imminently. The reason it was eye opening was that we were watching the chat in real time and asking whether they meant the drug that was currently bombing in the clinical trials, being not much better than placebo. That company, once one of the most valuable of it's kind folded not long after that. Not before a bunch of people made out like bandits and many more lost their shirts and anxious patients and family were left despondent.

So the making money part was all fine and dandy for some but this left a massive bad taste in my mouth and took away a lot of my naivety of working in the emerging pharms business. I've never looked at stock and trade recommendations the same way since.

Not fair .....

Not fair .....
What are the restrictions? TD is playing with fire there. Restricting what people can do with their money without advance notice or regulatory instructions could open them up to an expensive lawsuit (that they may not win).

Not fair .....
Ah so it’s ok if THEY do it. But someone else jumps in (or a few thousand loose cannons) and now it’s an issue.

I hope they don’t get away with it (they will) and the SEC steps in (they won’t).

Most of us must be smiling inside at the thought of these rich stock brokers driving around in their Porsches getting screwed over by the little guys for a change though. I am a bit.

Back
Top Bottom