Recent movies you saw - recommend or no | Page 181 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Recent movies you saw - recommend or no

"Red Notice" on Netflix. According to Rock himself it has the best opening on this streaming platform. And is listed as #1 in Canada
But I couldn't even pass first 20min mark. Sooooo bad IMO.

on the other hand
"Chaos Walking" on Prime I liked for what it is - space future Sci-Fi, despite all the critics destroying it...

"Red Notice" on Netflix. According to Rock himself it has the best opening on this streaming platform. And is listed as #1 in Canada

Caught it last night, I liked it! It's somewhat derivative and The Rock and Ryan Reynolds playing the same characters they always do, plus Gal Gadot bringing 😍😍😍

If you like their general shtick, you'll probably like this.

Caught it last night, I liked it! It's somewhat derivative and The Rock and Ryan Reynolds playing the same characters they always do, plus Gal Gadot bringing 😍😍😍

If you like their general shtick, you'll probably like this.

Yeah, I know, public definitely voted in favor and someone like me is in minority :) It's age probably - getting attracted nowadays to more serious, dark, lifelike sh*t...

I always wonder what the atmosphere is like on the set of lazy, derivative movies like this. Does everyone involved hate themselves a little bit or are they completely blinded by the money?

Not proud to admit that I almost watched the whole thing.

I always wonder what the atmosphere is like on the set of lazy, derivative movies like this. Does everyone involved hate themselves a little bit or are they completely blinded by the money?

I think all these people just basking in the The Rock's magic rays :) I'd too be happy doing ANYTHING if The Rock was there! I think he is so popular right now so he can sell sand in a desert to anyone. I love the guy and his work attitude, don't get me wrong..

I think they know they're making entertainment and banking $20m/star for having some fun. There is nothing wrong with that. Everything doesn't have to be oscar worthy.

Too many movies/tv shoes these days take themselves way too seriously, I'm all for dumb entertainment

Yah yah. I'm not expecting The Rock to suddenly star in highfalutin stuff.

But Ryan Reynolds and Gal Gadot totally mailed it in here. The Rock genuinely out-acted both of them. RR in particular seemed bored by his own shtick.

I enjoyed the first Venom, not sure why it got destroyed by critics and viewers alike. It's dumb superhero ****. I'll probably give the sequel a shot. *shrugs*

yeah I think 1 scene in the police station was well done, funny too if I remember, but I believe that is as far as I got. Hard to watch the rest.
Same. I fast-forward the final(ish) group fight scene at the park where they were fighting the masked people.

Jungle Cruise - Quite enjoyed this one. Especially the dad-jokes.

Few Christmas Choices:

Love Hard - wife and I both enjoyed it. It's a rom-com obviously but not over the top.

Klaus - this one's a couple years old and I've recommended it before but I'll recommend it yet again because it's darn good (heck it was even nominated for Acadamy's).

Noelle - Anna Kendrick and Bill Hader. Anna is reason enough but the story and jokes make it even better.

Arthur Christmas - Not as good as Klaus but still a nice feel-good Christmas animated movie everyone will enjoy.

The Harder they Fall. Netflix. Great Western starring Idris Elba. Never thought I‘d get to watch a western with reggae music in it but this is awesome. Violent, well acted, great story, great characters. Lots of fun.

Host via Prime.

Found footage horror using zoom meeting as the main platform. Watched it with the kids. Kids enjoyed it. Much better than i expected. I have watched a number of horror movies on Prime, and some of them are straight garbage with the acting.

Dune: It was sort of okay. Much better than the 80s movie, but still a fantasy for kids. This is the first of a three-part series I understand. It's more like a Red Sonia formula with much better effects. String-bean hero kid taking on 'roid-o-muscular dudes is hilarious Saturday matinee fare.

No Time to Die: Hollywood bleeders got to the 007 script, making the same disastrous screw up that happened in 1969 with On Her Majesty's Secret Service box office flop. They even use the same music, cheap buggers. James Bond, family man, Dad, played by a too old to be believable Daniel Craig, with a wife who could be his granddaughter. The movie is all-wet, but still action packed. Motorcycle enthusiasts will be in stitches at the stunts. To their credit they do bring back the Ian Flemingesque creepy goons that add humour to the Bond formula. Of course, Hollywood script writers have to have tragic villains these days, with bad childhoods and redeeming features, sort of like the disasterpiece that was Joker. Watch this movie for the stunts and the action.

Dune: It was sort of okay. Much better than the 80s movie, but still a fantasy for kids. This is the first of a three-part series I understand. It's more like a Red Sonia formula with much better effects. String-bean hero kid taking on 'roid-o-muscular dudes is hilarious Saturday matinee fare.
lol, meh the new movie I found to be boring, and one dimensional characters. The 84 version hasn't held up too well, some things work others don't mostly because of modern standards in movie making, not lack of creativity. I still prefer it, the cast was great and when stuff happened they reacted, much more impressive an memorable then the new version.

Back
Top Bottom