Recent movies you saw - recommend or no | Page 180 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Recent movies you saw - recommend or no

I went from watching one of the best movies I've seen in a while (There Will be Blood) to one of the worst in my life (Halloween Kills) this weekend.

There Will be Blood was engaging from start to finish. It begins a little slow, but really sets the movie up quite nicely. Daniel Day-Lewis totally
earned that Oscar.

Now, Halloween Kills......um yeah.

I understand horror movies like this tend to need a certain level of "stupid" to help the plot along, but this was a level of stupid that was just absurd. Half way through I began to root for Micheal Myers. I was hoping he'd just kill off the whole town. People this dumb shouldn't be able to procreate.

The only reason I went to see it was because I lost a bet with my son.

Silencer- on Amazon Prime with Danny Trejo and Johnny Messner. I’m just going to file this under “really bad films with Danny Trejo in”. I wanted to switch it off but the film sucked so badly it consumed any will to force my body to press the stop button on the remote.

On the other hand, this film is probably really funny if you’re drunk. Unfortunately it’s not a comedy.

Silencer- on Amazon Prime with Danny Trejo and Johnny Messner. I’m just going to file this under “really bad films with Danny Trejo in”. I wanted to switch it off but the film sucked so badly it consumed any will to force my body to press the stop button on the remote.

On the other hand, this film is probably really funny if you’re drunk. Unfortunately it’s not a comedy.
Need another thread.
Worst movie.
Natural Born Killers has to be number one.

A friend of mine has worked with Trejo a few times. He says that he's a really hard working guy who will take pretty much any job for the paycheck. Nice guy too, apparently.

.....Now, Halloween Kills......um yeah.

I understand horror movies like this tend to need a certain level of "stupid" to help the plot along, but this was a level of stupid that was just absurd. Half way through I began to root for Micheal Myers. I was hoping he'd just kill off the whole town. People this dumb shouldn't be able to procreate.
Worse than this?

The Green Knight. Stars Dev Patel and is a retelling of the myth of Sir Gawain and the Green Knight. Looks really pretty, moves really slowly, very artsy…..ultimately bollocks.

Next.

Doc West on Amazon Prime. First impressions of this Western were….holy crap, this is just like a corny spaghetti western, which apparently it is supposed to be. Complete with an old original Italian spaghetti western actor (who looks amazing for his age and speaks English pretty well too). Very family friendly, some wooden acting but it’s a fun film to watch.

My 8yo son just watched the three Back to the Future movies over the last couple days. He rates them thusly:

Part I - 9/10
Part II - 10/10
Part III - 9/10

When asked what year he'd like to travel to if he had a time machine, he said 2030.

I made him promise to travel back in time to bring me the 2020-2030 Sports Almanac.

Birds of Prey - I expected it to be meh, but even that was aiming too high. Meh without any eye-candy is how I would describe it.

Birds of Prey - I expected it to be meh, but even that was aiming too high. Meh without any eye-candy is how I would describe it.
I rather enjoyed it, especially the Harley fight scenes. They were very well choreographed. The group fights scenes, however, had a lot of bad guys milling around and "waiting for their chance."

Watched the latest Bond movie... meh

They are trying to remove all the cliche Bond stuff built up over the years, good, but bad as it becomes a generic drama, action, spy, flick.

Spoiler alert!
Also the whole kid thing, good he has a child, bad they used the kid as a threatening plot device, kids should just be left out of that kind of situations in entertainment. Plus the kid didn't seem to be scared, have you seen a kid lost at Walmart, they are balling their eyes out, imagine being held agaisnt your will. Bond dying at the end, very weak, the hollywood ending, surviving and reuniting with the girl would have been better even if typical.

Last edited:
Watched the latest Bond movie... meh

They are trying to remove all the cliche Bond stuff built up over the years, good, but bad as it becomes a generic drama, action, spy, flick

Also the whole kid thing, good he has a child, bad they used the kid as a threatening plot device, kids should just be left out of that kind of situations in entertainment. Plus the kid didn't seem to be scared, have you seen a kid lost at Walmart, they are balling their eyes out, imagine being held agaisnt your will. Bond dying at the end, very weak, the hollywood ending, surviving and reuniting with the girl would have been better even if typical.
Ummm. Spoiler alert!

I rather enjoyed it, especially the Harley fight scenes. They were very well choreographed. The group fights scenes, however, had a lot of bad guys milling around and "waiting for their chance."
yeah I think 1 scene in the police station was well done, funny too if I remember, but I believe that is as far as I got. Hard to watch the rest.

Back
Top Bottom