Recent movies you saw - recommend or no | Page 183 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Recent movies you saw - recommend or no

Hot girl, politics, super villain, cool cars and gadgets , yes.

Pandering to the 'correct' with all that encompassed in this film , well that was never Bond.
Agree that was never Bond films. Letting boys be boys and girls be girls. With tongue-in-cheek (or something like that) girlfriend names like Octopussy, Mary Goodnight, Xenia Onatopp, Dr. Honey Goodhead, Kissy Suzuki, Honey Rider, and Pussy Galore who recently turned 89. Harmless fun that has now become more church-lady (SNL) than real church ladies!

Good on Netflix ....Sherpas get their due as the best climbers ever. 14 peaks above 8k meter ...lifetime goals for even one for many........only 19 people have done all 14 in their climbing careers.
Well these guys?? Just watch. (y)

••••

Dune was worth the wait for a big screen and sound system.
I enjoyed the David Lynch version but this has better casting especially for the lead who was a teenager in the books,
Special effects are of course a generation or two newer.
Bring on part II. Suggest iMax while you still can both for the big screen but especially for the sound.

Power of the Dog on Netflix.
Jane Campion is a fav director and Cumberbatch right up there for acting. YRMV

The original 'Road Rage' movie. Duel, 1971.
A little slow by todays standards. Well, ok, a lot slow.
Not the full movie, but enough of the good parts.

Good on Netflix ....Sherpas get their due as the best climbers ever. 14 peaks above 8k meter ...lifetime goals for even one for many........only 19 people have done all 14 in their climbing careers.

••••

I enjoyed the David Lynch version but this has better casting especially for the lead who was a teenager in the books,
Bring on part II. Suggest iMax while you still can both for the big screen but especially for the sound.

14 Peaks was very enjoyable.

I watched the trailer for Power of the Dog but is it more artsy than a fun watch?

••••

I finally saw it, now that it's available for streaming. Very much enjoyed it. Far more than the Lynch version. The visuals matched what I imagined from the books, for example Ornithopters that actually flapped their wings to fly, not that had stubby little triangular useless wings in the Lynch version. Carry-alls had logic to the way that they operated, when carrying something the size of a factory. All-in-all the scale just felt right. You go from the truly massive Navigators' Guild starship, to the relatively tiny transport, which in turn is shown to dwarf humans and 'regular' vehicles on Arrakis. Good choice of caste and they didn't go over the top with the acting. (In the Lynch version Jessica, a Bene Gesserit, completely breaking down at one point took me right out of it. The more subtle emotions in this version worked for me.)

I've been following the producer of this film, Jimmy Chin, on Insta for a while. He's done a few interesting documentaries, like Alex Honnold's Free Solo.

He produced another docu recently called "The Rescue"

About the rescue of 12 schoolkids trapped in an underwater cavern in Thailand. I remember watching this on the news back in 2018, but had no idea of the backstory behind it.

Man, talk about riveting stuff. More intense than any Hollywood movie made, and it's a true story too. Incredible.

Watch, if you get a chance.

I've been following the producer of this film, Jimmy Chin, on Insta for a while. He's done a few interesting documentaries, like Alex Honnold's Free Solo.

He produced another docu recently called "The Rescue"

About the rescue of 12 schoolkids trapped in an underwater cavern in Thailand. I remember watching this on the news back in 2018, but had no idea of the backstory behind it.

Man, talk about riveting stuff. More intense than any Hollywood movie made, and it's a true story too. Incredible.

Watch, if you get a chance.

Does it have a mini-submarine/paedophile/Elon Musk storyline?

Black Widow.
I could finish watching tonite, but i have some laundry to do.

Thumbs down for Matrix Resurrections.

Funnily enough, it echoed the quality level of the first three movies, all in one movie. The first third was very interesting and engaging, as you were trying to figure out what was going on, just like the original Matrix movie. And then after the reveal, the exposition just bogged the final 2/3rds. Exactly like the second and third movies.

Also, the editing was a problem in the final third of the movie. Just seemed like they could have cut an extra half hour from the movie, a lot of the action scenes were repetitive. Just like the third movie.

Last edited:
Thumbs down for Matrix Resurrections.

Funnily enough, it echoed the quality level of the first three movies, all in one movie. The first third was very interesting and engaging, as you were trying to figure out what was going on, just like the original Matrix movie. And then after the reveal, the exposition just bogged the final 2/3rds. Exactly like the second and third movies.

Also, the editing was a problem in the final third of the movie. Just seemed like they could have cut an extra half hour from the movie, a lot of the action scenes were repetitive. Just like the third movie.
Yeah agreed thumbs down.

I thought there was very little to like, and most of it was forgettable, just lets get this over with. Too many flashbacks, referencing the previous movies. Breaking the 4th wall. Mostly all the new characters didn't have the same level of charisma as the old cast, and didn't really do much of anything, except for Bug. What they did try to tie into the previous movies didn't work very well, except for some parts of Trinity. Plus there was no style or creativity like the original movie or even an attempt to bring that forward and expand on it. Just a sloppy mess riding off the coattails of the original.

“Don’t Look Up” on Netflix with Leonardo di Caprio, Jennifer Lawrence and a bunch of other A listers. Great satirical film. It’s a comedy but it has a pretty biting and savage message. Definitely worth a watch.
Reminded me very much of "Wag the Dog" in its satire.

Tropical low is drenching us ..215 mm up the Cape. Stayed home with dog and watched movies.

Based on a true story ...very enjoyable

Not bad ...not sure how historically accurate but perhaps better balance than most.

Bit of WWII history I was only vaguely aware of. Dark and moody and the best depiction of the Market Garden gliders even tho it is peripheral to the stories. Gritty in the sense of war is ****** all around with no redeeming virtue. The Canadians landings in Zeeland feature but these are individual soldiers and civilian stories within the pending liberation of Holland. Still not finished but recommended if you like historically accurate war movies.

Back
Top Bottom