Recent movies you saw - recommend or no | Page 178 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Recent movies you saw - recommend or no

Free Guy - Ryan Reynolds in his usual charming schtick, very fun and entertaining.

Worth it just to see Alex Trebek's final cameo
Watched it the other night, it was decent. I thought Ryan was a little subdued compared to other movies, his buddy, buddy character I thought they were trying to do a Kevin Hart, kinda strange and amusing.

New Chappelle Netflix special - Absolutely masterful

The Many Saints of Newark

This is the prequel to The Sopranos. It stars James Gandofini’s son as a young Tony Soprano and it’s narrated in parts by Michael Imperioli who stars in the main Soprano Series.

Its pretty good if you’re a Sopranos fan. Seeing Gandolfini’s son in that role is eerie but it works. The film introduces all the main characters from the main series so it’s fun that way. I don’t know if it would be as good if you’re not a fan of the series.

Started watching "The Father" Anthony Hopkins is brilliant. I'll finish it later after i watch some Corner Gas.

Watched "Terminal" again. Not the Tom Hanks movie; the Margot Robbie / Simon Pegg / Mike Meyers one. Robbie does sexy/crazy like few other can, so small wonder she eventually got the role of Harley Quinn.

First two episodes of Foundation. Works for me so far.
Might have to catch that somehow. Will see if it works after reading the books over and over and over.

Black Widow - I thought it was pretty good. Haven't finished the last 40min yet though.

Cry Macho with Clint Eastwood, also produced and directed by him, as per usual. Was good, not amazing. He's getting old and almost seems to capitalize on his aging in his role and his acting, so it's heartwarming in some odd way. Makes you fond of the guy and feel sorry for him at the same time. Same feelings when I watched The Mule.

Finished watching Anthony Hopkins in "The Father".
If you have elderly family members this is worth watching. I spent a lot of time visiting my fil the last few years of his life while he had dementia. He had "happy" dementia. Told me stories of dating the nurses and going to Justin Bieber concerts in Stratford. His roommate that the RCMP took away strapped to a gurney. He called me every 2 weeks asking for more Elmer's glue. He cut cardboard and magazines up and glued them together. (huge mess)

Anthony Hopkins played a man with bad dementia to a tear jerking extreme.

Last edited:
"Hasta el cielo" (Sky high) on Netflix.
My Spanish if finally getting good enough to watch original - this movie is a gem IMO (not sure about dubbed version though..). Great spanish cast, action packed, cool music and also can be education for "street" language in Spain.. My spanish teacher went speechless when I demonstrated her what words and fraises I'd learned there haha

Many Saints of Newark.

I do not recommend. The plot they tried to build would have been better suited as a series. Stretched way too thin.

The Assault (2010)

A 2010 French film called L'Assaut was made with the collaboration and advice of the GIGN.

Air France Flight 8969 was an Air France flight that was hijacked on 24 December 1994 by the Armed Islamic Group of Algeria (GIA) at Houari Boumediene Airport, Algiers.

The terrorists murdered three passengers and their intention was to blow up the plane over the Eiffel Tower in Paris. When the aircraft reached Marseille, the National Gendarmerie Intervention Group (GIGN), a counter-terror unit of the French National Gendarmerie, stormed the plane and killed all four hijackers.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Copshop - Really well done low budget style movie with some great actors. Tarantino-esque without trying too hard

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom