Recent movies you saw - recommend or no | Page 177 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Recent movies you saw - recommend or no

Is this the new one?
Didnt realize it was out already!

Oooops, should have specified, yes the 2021 Suicide Squad. Available on HBO Max/Theatres or certain grey area sources.

Hell House 1 and 2 on Prime Video.

Expected a 2/10 but surprised me a lot. I give it a 7/10. Wasnt scary but they did the movie well. Found footage horror genre.

Watched Space Jam 2 yesterday. The kids enjoyed it, and there were a few funny scenes but I can see why people are hating on it. Was a bit scattered and confusing to follow, to me it seemed like a long commercial for everything Warner Brothers has ever done. Not even close to the first film for entertainment value.

After kids went to bed we watched Nobody, didn't have high expectations but I really enjoyed it. Kind of a cross between John Wick and a History of Violence, with some dark comedy and a soundtrack that was so wrong for the scenes it actually worked. Christopher Lloyd as a geriatric shotgun toting badass taking out bad guys was awesome to watch, great actor and I was glad to see him still doing his thing.

After kids went to bed we watched Nobody, didn't have high expectations but I really enjoyed it. Kind of a cross between John Wick and a History of Violence, with some dark comedy and a soundtrack that was so wrong for the scenes it actually worked. Christopher Lloyd as a geriatric shotgun toting badass taking out bad guys was awesome to watch, great actor and I was glad to see him still doing his thing.

The bus scene is brutal.

Free Guy was enjoyable. Need to book your seats when paying for tickets now.

Hell House 1 and 2 on Prime Video.

Expected a 2/10 but surprised me a lot. I give it a 7/10. Wasnt scary but they did the movie well. Found footage horror genre.
Thank for this. Only watched the first one so far but it was enjoyable.

Cruella - yeah I know, but it was darn good.

Thank you Sir!
You just made my Friday evening!

3860421-the-suicide-squad.jpg
Just watched it..
Turn off the brain and enjoy... its just way stupid fun.
You *WON'T* get Oscar material, except maybe special effects.

If you like anti-hero stuff, corny, bloody and just simply over the top, you'll like it.
Woop woop!!!

"The Dead Don't Die" on Netflix. Bill Murray and Adam Driver as small town cops. Tilda Swinton as the new and vaguely alien Scottish undertaker. Iggy Pop as a zombie (because he's pretty much been a walking corpse since '78 anyway). Fourth Wall breaks. Humour based on knowing that it's a zombie movie. Well worth the watch.

Kingsman the Golden Circle.
Good for a laugh in a Austin Powers way.

Since there is a new Matrix movie in the works, went back and watched

Not great, the first movie is much better. But will be interesting to see how this 4th movie ties in. But without Fishburne as Morpheus kinda have my doubts.

The original Oracle died after the first movie. They tied it in to the story effectively.

Oooops, should have specified, yes the 2021 Suicide Squad. Available on HBO Max/Theatres or certain grey area sources.
Finally watched this. Better than the first movie. The tone was far better. The almost cartoon violence was both bloody and humorous. They kept the only thing that I liked about the first movie, Harley Quinn, without having her character overshadow the whole film like the "Deadshot and Harley Show" that the first movie was.

The original Oracle died after the first movie. They tied it in to the story effectively.
Actually the second move, and a different actress in the third. Yes they did, though I don't believe the new actor was as charismatic as the first.

Free Guy - Ryan Reynolds in his usual charming schtick, very fun and entertaining.

Worth it just to see Alex Trebek's final cameo

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom