Recent movies you saw - recommend or no | Page 176 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Recent movies you saw - recommend or no

Late to the irishman party, great movie but holy **** now im scared of getting old

Wrath of Man - Directed by Guy Ritchie, starring Jason Statham. Should be a home run but is far from it. Very little dialogue, good or bad. Minimal action. Some parts that just don't make any sense, to me at least, and I can't be bothered to google if it's an actual plot hole or I missed something.

I watched this yesterday. I agree. Usually I like Statham in movies and I like Guy Ritchie films but this one was disjointed. Not the best for either of them. It felt like a stitched together afterthought.

America: The Motion Picture - Far from amazing, but good if you want to shut off your brain and laugh at some ridiculously crass jokes. Jason Mantzoukas voicing Samuel Adams is absolutely the highlight

The Hitman's Wife's Bodyguard - Messier and less cohesive than the original, but worth a watch. It is nowhere near as bad as some of the reviews would make you think. Anything with Ryan Reynolds, Samuel L Jackson, and Salma Hayek combined cannot possibly be bad. Salma remains absolutely drop dead gorgeous

LA Confidential last night

prior to Spacey going total creep
and I'd forgotten how spectacular Basinger was back in the day

great flic

Ice Road on Amazon.

Pros: It’s got Liam Neeson in it
Cons: how big is this text box?
liam-L.jpg

Bonus: Just like "Ice Road", this text box also has Liam Neeson in it...

Russian film "Major Grom: Plague Doctor" on Netflix was pretty good, over all. Sort of half cop movie, half superhero flick. They did a pretty good job of converting cultural idioms so the dubbing doesn't come off as too bad but leave off the subtitles because they don't match, and there don't seem to be any that cover stuff like the newspaper headlines anyway, so no point in having them on.

*EDIT* - I'm going to miss being able to watch movies in the background, while working, when lockdown finally ends and I'm back to being primarily on-site.

The Mustang on Netflix. Really good movie about a rehabilitation program for prisoners in the US training wild mustangs. Centres on one prisoner and his journey from an offender with no relationship with his daughter and anger management issues to something a lot better. Definitely worth a watch.

Fast & Furious 9 - it's as bad as you think it should be.... but worse...

Never mind the over the top action - exclude that, and it's just bad and boring. Vin, just looks stressed, like his head will explode. The female leads were like phoning in it. John Cena you could tell wanted to break character and be his hammy self, and too many useless cameo's. But honestly I was only half watching as I tuned out early on as it was just tired and dull.

I generally liked the series for what it was, but it's gotten so terrible, and strayed away from the basic street racing hustle into this complete mess. (n)

Fast & Furious 9 - it's as bad as you think it should be.... but worse...

It's not great, but it's a FF movie. If you've watched the past few, you'll know what to expect. I liked Tyrese breaking the wall and theorizing that they must be invincible. The magic magnet thing was way overdone. Oh, and they used NOS in space

Jungle Cruise - Surprisingly not terrible. Won't win an Oscar, but it's very watchable
Black Widow - Meh, not great, not terrible.

Roadrunner: A Film About Anthony Bourdain - Nowhere near as interesting as the man himself. Worth a watch, but expecting much more given the great reviews.

Suicide Squad - Funny, gory, and doesn't take itself seriously. Good way to kill a few hours.

Is this the new one?
Didnt realize it was out already!
Title is very slightly different; "THE Suicide Squad." Was released in the UK at the end of last month and, I believe, yesterday in North America. In theatres only, in Canada, if I remember correctly. No official streaming.

Title is very slightly different; "THE Suicide Squad." Was released in the UK at the end of last month and, I believe, yesterday in North America. In theatres only, in Canada, if I remember correctly. No official streaming.
Thank you Sir!
You just made my Friday evening!

3860421-the-suicide-squad.jpg

Back
Top Bottom