Province wide lockdown. | GTAMotorcycle.com

Province wide lockdown.

No change for me.

Nothing different for me since the restrictions are more/less what we've had in Toronto since early November. Fingers crossed for an early spring.

We had already planned on shutting down on Wednesday till the 4th. Usual xmas eve at the palatial FMJ estate. Bourbon and Bad Santa.
yNRuPdrhIwvXBucyOIEu2sCdNF7edHYe1hvn_KXDHM76jqkVNkKS_g9JI_FaKwyu2hLseIWBPRQ2V8v1ZsMOm8hTKXIJhkurgP5k4co4njD4n2FS-FeArQLiE5SlvV6YY_MdOwfmPjfjCPh1IqPDihIoWLTVvxCA3VaLQ-RJgYroUkduwNtufaqYQfEli-JiMy8qvN_RTkJd9b9uUbmHfDjDcXGoxI3SvZHrV_MWhS0ds1HSlfRydIg2y2BYeN5071hWsDXwgFPfTACYDRSsI3rq32x-BPgPdWrKt3SZK2u28ZOxhQjIv7GRyGp8WOG0DS5Hn3lMC0__RS-T3d1i7Evn3z-SsKJJKWZmh0VCyKYH6HtyWGlvuP9By78h-hWcq_y1th-Fo7hccEKPW0dL7_DHg3fl3LKAsEmfHBFrbGQunXWdynJVCldQlHC6VqZLiq1fYFCFnT4-TdDJohrldOtDeVklUOTwUQuZYBEumbBRFS0tkrsEyF5oem-YNvnlPU6cFn9fZW9Y-Sh8g7xTlGzuUtzCkl2pq7aiSeO9vOB4Pqu6-oxeM1xEs5zCCc6OYW9GPbe6vCbsQcJqxStJ2qECP6OyE0Q8H0aSpmZuSS2TgcwyLs_NJ6yGo3llSSwWcnchVb40P2_5U3vL6nBbEcKwTpWyQbHARzykq02QKy88do_gv3d0nr9s3aXQ=w700-h938-no

Given the recent GPU supply issues, I decided to wait for another couple of months until things stabilize.

Picked up a new CPU (surprised ol' Ivy Bridge is still in stock lol) for my LGA 1155 socket motherboard, a new GPU (one of the few that were in stock) and a CPU air cooler as the rubber on my old one was starting to get brittle with tears due to hear/cold cycles..
Some gaming will help me kill time until things ramp back up at work again.

Crash course in cabinet making for me. Have to do some improvements in my house. This will take me until spring.
I made some maple cabinets for the basement in the old house and included a domino in the budget. Damn is that thing ever awesome and comes in handy quite often. I later needed to get a custom stand made for an upstairs room into the basement and it didn't fit. Cut it in half, put dominos in it and you can't see the joint. Gravity works and you can just pop the top off if you need to move it again.

I'm essential, so 0 changes for me.

Lockdown 1 and 2 didn't do anything so why not try another...

I dropped off a parcel at the postal terminal on The West Mall. Only two or three in front of me, all masked.

Enroute I picked up a take out coffee at an independent shop. I asked the guy if they were keeping their heads above water and he said "By one nostril."

Then went out of town to pick up some hardwood to keep me busy for the next week or so. They go into curb only in a couple days and you can't pick grain.

The next weeks will be click window shopping, little wood working projects and some welding practice projects.

Christmas will be just the two of us. We'll meet up with our daughter in the New Year if there is a mild spell and we can distance outside. She has a different bubble.

We will be shopping Russian style. Go to the store with our list, take what they have, pay what they ask, come home and be grateful.

I dropped off a parcel at the postal terminal on The West Mall. Only two or three in front of me, all masked.

Enroute I picked up a take out coffee at an independent shop. I asked the guy if they were keeping their heads above water and he said "By one nostril."

Then went out of town to pick up some hardwood to keep me busy for the next week or so. They go into curb only in a couple days and you can't pick grain.

The next weeks will be click window shopping, little wood working projects and some welding practice projects.

Christmas will be just the two of us. We'll meet up with our daughter in the New Year if there is a mild spell and we can distance outside. She has a different bubble.

We will be shopping Russian style. Go to the store with our list, take what they have, pay what they ask, come home and be grateful.
I tried to go to what looks like it could be a nice independent coffee shop in Mississauga when I had work to do in the area in November. Their website looked like they were open so I drove over and there was a sign on the door saying that they had temporarily shut down in March and would be back soon. Bollocks. I know not everyone can survive, but I would hope someone would spend the two minutes to update the website with "thanks for the memories" so people don't waste 15 minutes trying to have a mutually beneficial relationship.

I'm retired so very little change for me. We had our son, daughter-in-law and grandson over for Christmas dinner last weekend because we were pretty sure this shutdown was coming. We'll do a smaller dinner for just the two of us on Christmas Day.
The only thing I'm ****** about is I can't go skiing until after January 24th! At least by then there should be more snow and better conditions. I'll get two days in working at the ski hill before the shutdown, but I'm really only there for the free skiing anyway, so that's no big deal.
Grocery stores will be busy like before but we got through that. We've stocked up on puzzles so that should keep us busy for the next few weeks.

What can I do? Work from home, tidy up the garage, a few small projects around the house, and maybe finally get my Frankenstein 3d printer going to try it out.
Outside of that, I'm just ****** my drive through POLAR experience at YYZ is cancelled...wtf...how's that dangerous when you literally do not get out of your car for the whole experience. Bye bye $60.
Ah yes....and try to get some PS4 action in as it's been months and I'm itching to play something...anything when the little ones are asleep.

Going to finish up last maintenance on sleds and ice bikes.

Go north and hide away and hopefully get some sled time/ice bike on pond/cross country ski

Drive back south as needed for work sites

Back
Top Bottom