Any members here that have sleds too? | Page 23 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Any members here that have sleds too?

I was looking at the approach for a snowmobile and I think you might have some logistics problems, getting the snowmobile on and off the lake, you're going to need skis or wheels to get to the ice and then when you get to ice you're going to need studs and blades for steering, or are you good with going over some rocks and gravel ? The motorcycles can hit the shoreline almost anywhere that's not vertical :LOL:

I was looking at the approach for a snowmobile and I think you might have some logistics problems, getting the snowmobile on and off the lake, you're going to need skis or wheels to get to the ice and then when you get to ice you're going to need studs and blades for steering, or are you good with going over some rocks and gravel ? The motorcycles can hit the shoreline almost anywhere that's not vertical :LOL:

Of course,what do you think we.have been doing all season?

Not sure where you are going with this kiddo.

Good thing they come with "studs and blades" now (and have for the past 20+ years).

Last edited:
Of course,what do you think we.have been doing all season?

Not sure where you are going with this kiddo.
No worries, my mistake I thought you actually wanted to try and ride it here,
against a bunch of crazy experienced riders on KTM 300's on glare ice a dog can't stand on, which would be fun to watch :cool:

against a bunch of crazy experienced riders on KTM 300's on glare ice a dog can't stand on, which would be fun to watch :cool:
Haven't seen a sled that doesn't have carbide runners and studs for years. They do just fine on glare ice.

Sent from my chesterfield using my thumbs

Haven't seen a sled that doesn't have carbide runners and studs for years. They do just fine on glare ice.

Sent from my chesterfield using my thumbs
I know a few that don't run studs and a very few that don't run carbides. From looking at the tracks left, a hell of a lot of sleds are running double carbides now which I don't really like but obviously somebody decided it was a good idea.

I would actually be stupid enough to try. Just ask any of my buddies. I'm sure I would get spanked but willing to try. Where again?

Can someone stud my r6 tires pls? I've tried but ****** up both times.

I would actually be stupid enough to try. Just ask any of my buddies. I'm sure I would get spanked but willing to try. Where again?

Can someone stud my r6 tires pls? I've tried but ****** up both times.
His lake. He also has practice studding tires.

Winter is long, ice season is short or non existent in many areas,
you could put an ice boat on most of the small lakes in central frontenac right now, if you know where the currents are and can gain access, that might not be possible by next week.

Blades

maxresdefault.jpg

You would need to carry that a ways to get it on or off any lakes that don't have a wheelchair like access.

This chap has some great body english, and just shows how great Japan can be for snowmobiling!! If I ever get to travel to Japan, snowmobiling in the mountains will be on my agenda right after visiting the Honda motorcycle museum :)

Very exciting!!! Congrats on the new ride and hopefully we get lots of snow next year.

Just curious, did the dealer say anything about getting low on allocation for next year? I'm not buying but have heard a few dealers are already sold out. Kind of crazy.

Had a sled ages ago....did a 360 horizontally over the ice. Tall windshield got converted to a shorty....lol

Very exciting!!! Congrats on the new ride and hopefully we get lots of snow next year.

Just curious, did the dealer say anything about getting low on allocation for next year? I'm not buying but have heard a few dealers are already sold out. Kind of crazy.

Yes both dealership warned back in February to order by end of March when I started looking around.

Back
Top Bottom