Any members here that have sleds too? | Page 24 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Any members here that have sleds too?

Had a sled ages ago....did a 360 horizontally over the ice. Tall windshield got converted to a shorty....lol
I've done that before. Sled and I were flipping through the air. Sled was ~30' from takeoff to landing. It was right way up with no windshield and no key but otherwise undamaged.

It's here, uts here, it's FINALLY here.

10 damn month wait but sooo fun. Rides like the best dirt bike I can ever imagine, got out for a bit Friday night, but yesterday had chores.

It is my play with the new toy day!!!!

Grocieries, pack a lunch and go. Hubby in way back from Cochran with his buddies, gonna see if we can meet somewhere and ride back home together ❤

It's here, uts here, it's FINALLY here.

10 damn month wait but sooo fun. Rides like the best dirt bike I can ever imagine, got out for a bit Friday night, but yesterday had chores.

It is my play with the new toy day!!!!

Grocieries, pack a lunch and go. Hubby in way back from Cochran with his buddies, gonna see if we can meet somewhere and ride back home together ❤
Congrats

We are like chalk and cheese so finally grabbing sleds is probably our first hobby together.

I'm into sports, he is a woodman. He traps and hunts, I fish. He is slow and control type thinker, I am balls to the wall reactionary. I wrench, he carves. Other than pretty much same education we don't have a lot in common. But still like each other and been a thing since 1999

Enjoy! Careful out there as trails during weekends are often brutal. I’ve been out past 3 days. Conditions awesome Thursday and Friday but yesterday horrible with bare spots and whoops from traffic. Friend wanted to go yesterday so I took him out against my better judgment and it was a sh!tshow of opposite riders in my lane on corners and packs parked almost completely blocking trails. 06CADBC3-F09D-412E-BC0F-C3F21E54556F.jpeg

Are current sleds still mostly carbureted or has EFI taken over?

All EFI. You could get a carb skidoo 600 up until a year or two ago. It was replaced with the 600 efi as a entry level model. There is a 600R etec above that which makes quite a bit more power.

Polaris and Cat have been strictly EFI for quite a while.

All EFI. You could get a carb skidoo 600 up until a year or two ago. It was replaced with the 600 efi as a entry level model. There is a 600R etec above that which makes quite a bit more power.

Thanks...what kind of batteries are they using? Same as current MC batteries?

Thanks...what kind of batteries are they using? Same as current MC batteries?
For the most part nothing special. Very similar to MC batteries.

There are kits available to swap for lithium to save weight.

Skidoo has a pretty cool optional system called shot. You have to pull start for the first start of the day but then electric start afterwards. No battery. Snowmobile E-TEC SHOT Starter - Ski-Doo

Some are still carbs, my Polaris Voyageur 155 has a carbed 550 fan. Kid took it for a long ride this weekend, managed 20 litres/100km, not bad for a sled. 44l tank goes well over 300km range.

Edit. Well over 200km for range.

Last edited:
Found out the hard way on Sunday, oncoming rider in my lane, moved over and...

Didn't black-out but sled is ******.

Wasn't even fun while it lasted as I was still figuring everything out.

Sigh I hate other people

Found out the hard way on Sunday, oncoming rider in my lane, moved over and...

Didn't black-out but sled is ******.

Wasn't even fun while it lasted as I was still figuring everything out.

Sigh I hate other people
Damn Meme. That sucks. Sorry to hear. Are you physically ok? Bleeping morons.

Back
Top Bottom