Any members here that have sleds too? | Page 22 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Any members here that have sleds too?

Have you ridden a modern sled? They've gotten really quick, it is very hard to use full throttle on a trail. Hell, even in a field, you can give it a squirt but then need to get on the brakes.
Useless where I was riding today, trials bike kicked KTM a** big time today, the tortoise beat the hares :cool: they crashed more times then I put a foot down and couldn't follow half the places :LOL: it was scary as **** at times but great practice and exercise.

Lake here is completely ice covered today, KTM would whoop a snowmobile on the lake right now unless you had something setup only for ice. -14 called for tonight, that will make some decent ice, might even be able to skate the whole lake tomorrow :cool:

I hope the OP realizes that the 800 or 850 is a 120mph sled if pushed

Shocking enough so is a KTM300 but it will get up there a lot faster then a sled.
Sled would be a lot better on open water then the average motorcycle :unsure: you need a fast sled for open water so you might as well go big, just incase you want to use it in the summer. Go big:LOL:

Shocking enough so is a KTM300 but it will get up there a lot faster then a sled.
Sled would be a lot better on open water then the average motorcycle :unsure: you need a fast sled for open water so you might as well go big, just incase you want to use it in the summer. Go big:LOL:
wasn't posting to you. but i would say it would be hard pressed to get a ktm300 up to 120mph

wasn't posting to you. but i would say it would be hard pressed to get a ktm300 up to 120mph
that's ok, I think it's going to be just as hard for you to find somewhere to get your snowmobile up to that speed too.

that's ok, I think it's going to be just as hard for you to find somewhere to get your snowmobile up to that speed too.
lots of wide open fields in my area, but i don't run that fast or even near that speed. my sled is a zr700 top speed is around 90mph, but the doo's 800 and 850's are fast, having limited experience and buying something with that capability might not be a wise choice imho

Have you ridden a modern sled? It will beat the Ktm 300 to any speed and getting to top speed doesnt take all that long. Cvt's are not enjoyable but there is some magic in holding engine at hp peak from launch to top speed.

Sled would be a lot better on open water then the average motorcycle :unsure: you need a fast sled for open water so you might as well go big, just incase you want to use it in the summer. Go big
A ktm 300 won't hit 120mph unless it's on a trailer behind a Tesla lol.

Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk

A ktm 300 won't hit 120mph unless it's on a trailer behind a Tesla lol.

Is a KTM300 that slow? They look stupidly fast...but I guess looks can be deceiving.

Is a KTM300 that slow? They look stupidly fast...but I guess looks can be deceiving.
It's a 2 stroke dirtbike, it's got stupid fast acceleration. Top speed is not the main consideration in the woods.
We are talking about 120 MILES PER HOUR.

My mistake was thinking of the 390 Duke when you guys said KTM 300.

Perfect day to test the theory, Josh left his bike here ? if anybody has a 800cc icemobile handy, bring her on down and see if you can pass me on the lake ? sounds like great fun to me.

Who is the OP?
Me? Me?

Is so of course I do.

I'm not an idiot, I CAN read. Just crash too often to be considered a good rider! Both on snow and on slicks.

My lake, it's probably highly illegal everywhere else :LOL:

Perfect day to test the theory, Josh left his bike here ? if anybody has a 800cc icemobile handy, bring her on down and see if you can pass me on the lake ? sounds like great fun to me.
I already have a 18 KTM 300XC (GPS confirms mine tops out around 125kmh, oem gearing) and a 18 Skidoo 850 (Skidoo claims 169kmh top speed, I've seen 180kmh on "dream meter" speedometer).
The KTM is stupid fast. The Skidoo is stupider faster (both in acceleration and top speed, given decent traction for both).

Lol @ term stupider

Did ya sell yours? I looked around today, have the 500 sold
Not yet. Had 2 no-shows on the weekend. Have someone coming tonight that just confirmed he's coming. Unknown if tire-kicker errr track-kicker or if actually a buyer.

Back
Top Bottom