Any GTAM'ers own an electric vehicle? | Page 297 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Any GTAM'ers own an electric vehicle?

Interesting, and motorcycle-related: MotoE: Ducati Will Be Sole Manufacturer Starting In 2023

Energica has been the sole manufacturer since the outset (2019 was the first year), but as a niche manufacturer, they haven't been able to capitalise on it, and the bikes haven't really developed any further. I suppose it made sense to use a somewhat-established EV manufacturer when that series started. I am sure that Ducati is feeling pressure from above (VW Group) to push electrification, because at this point VW wants to put combustion engines in the history books. Now, Ducati has a great motivation to come up with something good - and I'm sure they will. And they'll have resources from the VW Group to draw on, too.

A lot of cool features. Not sure who the target market is. You can have a picnic while you wait to charged.
Probably come with a plaid jacket and toque.

A lot of cool features. Not sure who the target market is. You can have a picnic while you wait to charged.
Probably come with a plaid jacket and toque.

I like it but it’s pricey. I look forward to the battery tech improving and hopefully bringing EV prices down.

This is IMO the newer, much better ridgeline that targets the only need a sometimes truck but mostly car market. But it has way more to offer for a lot more money currently.

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com mobile app

EVs are generally going to be high-end vehicles for a little while yet, and especially for a new manufacturer, they need to recoup whatever development cost that they can. Early-adopters will pay extra.

I like it but it’s pricey. I look forward to the battery tech improving and hopefully bringing EV prices down.

This is IMO the newer, much better ridgeline that targets the only need a sometimes truck but mostly car market. But it has way more to offer for a lot more money currently.

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com mobile app

Would've been great as a midsize (ridgeline, taco) only problem with the R1T is that its as wide as a full size, with a bed size even the ridgeline laughs at.

Would've been great as a midsize (ridgeline, taco) only problem with the R1T is that its as wide as a full size, with a bed size even the ridgeline laughs at.
Pickup trucks with a hood and cab comfortable for 4+ people have a packaging problem where the bed gets sacrificed to allow it to fit where it will spend 99% of it's time (suburban parking lots). I'm not sure if they would get through crash testing, but a starting point something like the pics below could be cool. Probably need a bit of a hood for crash testing but if you could pull 2' out of the hood, you could add it to the bed.

CC-61-042-800.jpg

vw-pickup-concepts.jpg

Something like this nose could probably be made to work. The entire hood on this van appears to be about the same as the hood in front of the tires on the rivian.
images

EV facilitates a lot of packaging flexibility that was not possible with a conventional ICE drivetrain.

For now, part of the tradeoff is that a big part of the market has certain expectations about what a vehicle is supposed to look like. At least the Rivian (and F150 Lightning) have a lockable luggage compartment under the hood...lockable inside storage that isn't part of the passenger compartment...something that normal pickup trucks are short of.

Interesting @GreyGhost…whenever we go to Europe their large transport trucks look nothing like the ones here.
Basically have a completely flat front end, not the big hood as what we’re used to when we think of big rigs.

EV facilitates a lot of packaging flexibility that was not possible with a conventional ICE drivetrain.

exactly what I was thinking.

this is the only EV truck i've seen that utilizes that: Canoo pickup concept

although the frunk on an electric truck would be very nice. as a truck owner, you back into almost all spots.
fairly annoying to load groceries into the back seat or bed, frunk solves that issue.

although the frunk on an electric truck would be very nice. as a truck owner, you back into almost all spots.
fairly annoying to load groceries into the back seat or bed, frunk solves that issue.
I went to school with one of the Canoo founders. Brilliant guy. There are videos of them hooning around on a "skateboard". They may some some regulatory issues as they were trying for full drive by wire so steering wheel and pedals could be placed anywhere in vehicle (which violates some of the current requirements that demand a physical connection to drive controls). He was pushed out after Spac listing. He's on to the next thing now.

With the truck I drive forward into a space if I am getting stuff only way to load is from the aisle.

Sent using a thumb maybe 2

With the truck I drive forward into a space if I am getting stuff only way to load is from the aisle.

Sent using a thumb maybe 2
Same for a van. Typically can’t open the rear hatch if someone pulls up too close so need to drive in forward so I can actually put stuff in.

Same for a van. Typically can’t open the rear hatch if someone pulls up too close so need to drive in forward so I can actually put stuff in.
On the upside, if I am parking in a parking garage and I have valuable stuff in the back, I back up right to the wall and nobody can open the hatch (cover over cargo so you can't see what's there). Sure, they could go over the seats but that is a lot more awkward and probably leads them to pick somebody else's vehicle to smash.

Back
Top Bottom