Any GTAM'ers own an electric vehicle? | Page 296 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Any GTAM'ers own an electric vehicle?

So, our Ioniq is officially up for sale.

It’s been a good car and aside from the fact we need something more capable for towing our camper we would never sell it aside from 2 reasons:

1- I want a more capable tow vehicle for our camper.

2- My wife recently changed jobs and now has a 9 km commute versus 401/DVP, so the Ioniq is now only getting charged once every few weeks basically. It seems like a waste.

I think we’ve settled on going back to a second generation Volt. I did a test tow of our camper using my brothers 2018 a month or so back and it pulled the trailer like it wasn’t even there.

On the plus side the used EV market has taken a dramatic jump this summer with gas prices being what they are. Great for selling.

On the bad side, the used EV market taken a dramatic jump this summer with gas prices being what they are. Bad for when you’re looking to just shift to a different EV lol.

I strongly suspect we will end up going back to Quebec again to buy after selling here.

For the price of a Model S Plaid you can get a Lucid Air Grand Touring. Should be a no brainer.

2022-lucid-air-110-1633485634.jpg

Car and Driver......because we know how biased they are..... :p

So, I went and looked at a Gen2 Volt today at a dealer in Toronto.

For those who have been following this thread since the early days and remember the past sagas, who would like to take a shot in the dark at what I arrived to?

Last edited:

For those who have been following this thread since the early days and remembers the past sagas, who would like to take a shot in the dark at what I arrived to?
But it's a crap EV? The batteries are always dead. Especially the GM ones. When are you going to learn that plugging in your car is much more annoying than going to a gas station to fill up in driving cold rain?

Last edited:
But it's a crap EV? The batteries are always dead. Especially the GM ones. When are you going to learn that plugging in your car is much more annoying than going to a gas station to fill up in driving cold rain?

No, Sunny was not the salesperson. Guess again. LOL

For those who have been following this thread since the early days and remember the past sagas, who would like to take a shot in the dark at what I arrived to?

A Tesla.

it was only a matter of time before you guys will grasp that they are still the only ones doing it best overall.

Off topic drivel and fanboy fawning in one fell swoop!

what burn?

Did you even bother watching it or reading any of the tweets?

The fanboys started jumping all over her saying that she was evaluating an early model before they took a (half hearted) stab at addressing their issues. Her reply was: "It's a 2020".

And the bumper + roof were still on it when she made her evaluation, too.

Did you even bother watching it or reading any of the tweets?

The fanboys started jumping all over her saying that she was evaluating an early model before they took a (half hearted) stab at addressing their issues. Her reply was: "It's a 2020".

And the bumper + roof were still on it when she made her evaluation, too.

look at the big picture. they are crushing it. people want their cars. flaws and all.

at the end of the day, the market decides. and the market is speaking.

they (the market) certainly didn't want the Volt.

Did you even bother watching it

Fanboy trolls don’t care about facts.

And I’m not sure how a companies stock valuation somehow counteracts the reality that they are making **** product. It just means they’re in a stupid overvalued bubble.

Fanboy trolls don’t care about facts.

And I’m not sure how a companies stock valuation somehow counteracts the reality that they are making **** product. It just means they’re in a stupid overvalued bubble.

All Sunny is proving that the 50% of the population below average intelligence actually is pretty dumb.

And that ain’t saying much for the ones hovering just above it, either.

So, the Ioniq is sold - getting it certified next week and it goes to it's new owner probably Wednesday evening.

The EV market is pretty hot right now with gas being what it is, and in the end we got more than what we would have at any time since we bought it, more than we have left owing on it, and (taxes and such aside), not a ton less that what we paid for it. No complaints for a car that served us well across 50,000km's in 2.5 years.

I'm thinking we may end up back in Quebec for our next Volt, the same as how we bought the Ioniq there - better selection, and since we're looking for a very specific option package (which makes the pool smaller yet) it seems like it may be the best option.

So, the Ioniq is sold - getting it certified next week and it goes to it's new owner probably Wednesday evening.

The EV market is pretty hot right now with gas being what it is, and in the end we got more than what we would have at any time since we bought it, more than we have left owing on it, and (taxes and such aside), not a ton less that what we paid for it. No complaints for a car that served us well across 50,000km's in 2.5 years.

I'm thinking we may end up back in Quebec for our next Volt, the same as how we bought the Ioniq there - better selection, and since we're looking for a very specific option package (which makes the pool smaller yet) it seems like it may be the best option.
What's the specific option package you are looking for? Feel free to avoid answering this question until you own it as we all know what happened before. Just wondering what it is and why it is so important.

Reading this article just confirmed that stupid is as stupid does.
Stupid car... Stupid owner.
"Tesla Model 3 SR+ — Two Years of Maintenance Costs (Tires, Locked Trunk, 12V Battery ...) - CleanTechnica" Tesla Model 3 SR+ — Two Years of Maintenance Costs (Tires, Locked Trunk, 12V Battery ...)
As per the article "Zach is recognized globally as an electric vehicle, solar energy, and energy storage expert"
He got bent over. $1671 for 4 OE Michelins that can be found on tirerack for $1100 shipped.

"Not wanting to bother with taking the car to a separate place for tires, and trusting that Tesla would give me a good deal since Tesla’s aim is to not make a profit on service and to treat customers well"

So the auto company with the valuation bigger than all the others combined, which hasnt made any money on actually selling vehicles doesnt aim to make money on servicing?

Last edited:
As per the article "Zach is recognized globally as an electric vehicle, solar energy, and energy storage expert"
He got bent over. $1671 for 4 OE Michelins that can be found on tirerack for $1100 shipped
More importantly, how would a car need 4 new tires at 17,000kms?
My wife's civic has 79,000km on it. Tries are original and look just fine.

More importantly, how would a car need 4 new tires at 17,000kms?
My wife's civic has 79,000km on it. Tries are original and look just fine.
17,000 miles ~27,000 km. Still too short IMO. Yes he got bent over on the tires, but everything else just seems like quality/design issues, battery, filter and wiring harness. I wouldn't expect any of them but they fixed what was broken....

On the tires, I really dislike the trend of larger rims and lower profile tires. Great if it is a true high performance car but for most people it just drives up tire replacement costs.

Back
Top Bottom