Any GTAM'ers own an electric vehicle? | Page 295 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Any GTAM'ers own an electric vehicle?

Lucky you. Did they replace just the switch (what the TSB mentions is covered) or the whole unit? Dealer did the latter for me and it was not covered.
They said it was the whole assembly but I’ll grab the invoice later to confirm.

Depending when you got it done you can ask for a refund when you can show it’s covered under the VOLTEC 8 year warranty.

The Service Bulletin is 19-NA-206 December 2020 update. The original one doesn’t have the VOLTEC update.

EDIT: @LBV

Invoice states:
- 1 x switch
- 1 x jumper harness

Last edited:
I've attached that TSB and it specifically refers to the "in line shifter harness" which they use as a jumper on step 7. Maybe that's why yours is covered? Mine was the whole unit (they said anyways ... can't really confirm I didn't get the jumper only without checking).

Attachments

• TSB-shift to park-MC-10168232-9999.pdf
    173.4 KB · Views: 1
Autopilot is responsible for 12 crashes into first responder vehicles, killing one so far.........

Elon: We're releasing Super Autopilot 2.0.0!..............Wait, we're still testing. Super Autopilot 2.0.1 tomorrow night.

SMH.

Getting there in price...urban vehicle ...100 kph and 120 or 170 kph range

The Wuling Hongguang Mini EV is equipped with a 9.2 kWh battery capable of a NEDC range of 120 km (75 mi) or a 13.8kWh battery capable of a NEDC range of 170 km (110 mi). The Hongguang Mini can seat four people and is powered by a single electric motor producing 13 kW (17.4 hp) and 85 Nm (62.7 lbf.

A company that puts their money where their mouth is. going "all in" on this one.

still waiting to see GM's response. haven't seen any compelling electric cars or trucks, no buzz, no nothing.

just all this empty talk about their new ultium battery system.

Clueless!

Last edited:
That was a pretty crap article Sunny. I expect as much from a fanboy site though. Equating efficiency solely to time required to assemble a car is garbage. I can throw something together too if I don't care what it looks like or if parts fall off. Once quality is equal, then start looking at time to construct. Tesla is doing far better than I expected and articles should focus on reality, a pure fanboy article does nobody any favors.

Usually an automaker will care about how many minutes between completed vehicle (technically, aka, how many seconds per car) at the end of the line (rolling off the line) and therefore how many cars per hour/shift/day/year etc.. How long it takes for each car to go down the line is really misleading and almost meaningless. For example at extremes; automaker one may take 20 hours to build a car but produces a car every 60 seconds (one rolls off the line every 60 seconds). Automaker two builds a car in 10 hours (half the time) but only produces one car every 10 hours, or even say every 10 minutes.... which is more efficient?

The number of seconds between completed vehicles rolling off the line is the measure to look for. What impacts it, how automated the plant is, the union or association contract may also have a not faster than clause, the number of vehicles they sell (sell less, slow line, sell more speed it up). Also things like paint drying time. etc. Not all plants start at the same place, one may take in sheet metal rolls , stamp out the body and roll out a completed car, another may get near completed body sub assemblies already stamped and even painted.....

Back in 92, we were doing a truck every 90 seconds (contract no faster than limit but we caught them running the line faster more than a few times) and total time from sheet metal stamping to finished was ~18 hours. Something around 85% automated at the time, car line was in the 95% range.

That article was beyond clueless when it came to meaningful details....

Last edited:
No Rivian talk?
Seems like a pretty sweet truck with lots of capability and storage
Starts at 6 figures though so definitely for the fkn ballers of this site

No Rivian talk?
Seems like a pretty sweet truck with lots of capability and storage
Starts at 6 figures though so definitely for the fkn ballers of this site
I'll talk about it when it stops being vapourware. It seems plausible that some will get delivered but whether it is a viable company or just a technology and marketing wank depends on how the vehicles fare in the wild.

I'll talk about it when it stops being vapourware. It seems plausible that some will get delivered but whether it is a viable company or just a technology and marketing wank depends on how the vehicles fare in the wild.
Motor Trend seems to think it's viable

Rivian Announces 3,500 Fast-Chargers, Canada is Included

The Cybertruck on the other hand seems more like a marketing wank

Getting there in price...urban vehicle ...100 kph and 120 or 170 kph range

This is the type of city car we need here. Basically a box with seats. a reasonable price for a second or third car in the driveway for short trips. $7k is perfect. It needs to avoid NA safety measures by not being legal on the highway.

In what should come as a surprise to no-one, Tesla is moving their headquarters from the land of "You can't do that" to the land of "I do what I want" (Austin).

In what should come as a surprise to no-one, Tesla is moving their headquarters from the land of "You can't do that" to the land of "I do what I want" (Austin).

They did the same thing with their Boring Company. Didn’t like the rules in CA so they moved office to TX.

Good news out of Norway…

Had a chat with some buddies today and I was curious what would be the price difference for me to go to a Bolt.

I’ll assume 20k…and considering the few km I currently do…the math doesn’t add up and I’d never see the benefits of going to a full EV for now. The Volt will have to do.

Tesla is moving their headquarters from the land of "You can't do that" to the land of "I do what I want" (Austin).

The cognitive dissonance from the "Yeehaw, big oil!" anti-EV crowd down there should be fun to watch. It wasn't just that long ago that they were proposing taxing EV's, and since Tesla doesn't have a dealer network (a law in Texas for a manufacturer to sell their vehicles there), Tesla can't even sell the vehicles they're making there to people who actually live there.

"Freedom" indeed.

Musk will likely get himself in a snit about something there as well sooner or later.

T Tesla doesn't have a dealer network (a law in Texas for a manufacturer to sell their vehicles there), Tesla can't even sell the vehicles they're making there to people who actually live there.
Tesla supposedly got around the same law in New Mexico by setting up a store on native land.

Perfect!

Somewhere there is a boardroom with a big expensive table and a bunch of nerds sitting around it giggling as they watch the data comes in.

Back
Top Bottom