Any GTAM'ers own an electric vehicle? | Page 299 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Any GTAM'ers own an electric vehicle?

I just find it funny they feel Tesla is their competitor.

She really should be focusing on her real competitor, FORD.

from what I can see and tell, their electrification plans seem solid and well thought out (investing in battery plants and tech, introducing models people actually want to buy (the mach is selling well, the E pickup has great buzz and will do well), Their execution and roadmap seems to be spot on. They are putting their money where their mouth is.

GM for a long time as has been all talk, and empty promises. All we get is.. "It's coming" Ultium, "its coming" Our electric pick up, "its coming" Hummer, "its coming" We will sell more cars then everyone else, "its coming"

They can't even figure out their Bolt failures.

Here is GMs next bold statement, we will sell more full size Trucks than Nissan!

Last edited:

If someone tells you FSD drives better than a human, do not let that person drive you anywhere

New update yesterday. Still SAF.

I honestly thought this was a joke video.
People buy into this crap?
Haha. According to tesla, each owner gets the priviledge of spending five figures. Self-driving belongs to a specific owner of a specific car. New owner or new car and people have to pay again. Pricks.

Haha. According to tesla, each owner gets the priviledge of spending five figures. Self-driving belongs to a specific owner of a specific car. New owner or new car and people have to pay again. Pricks.
are you referring to that news story that broke some months back? i've been following it.

tesla did an audit of a vechicle sold to a 3rd party dealer (by them). they found the vehicle did not actually have autopilot/fsd purchased. sadly the car was advertised as having the features (by 3rd party dealer) and owner bought it expecting as much. when the owner did a software update on the car a few weeks later that software was removed as per previous audit.

till now i haven't figured out how this issue was settled.

If someone tells you FSD drives better than a human, do not let that person drive you anywhere​

New update yesterday. Still SAF.

"How can people say this is good?"

Because that's what fanboys do. Its the same people who think they are so much more "green" than ICE, without realizing oil is used in every plastic, rubber etc Mining lithium. nickle are not environmentally friendly. Then you have the terrible build quality, the trash interiors, getting parts takes months. Put a Honda badge on these things and half the buyers wouldnt want them. Niche, status symbol vehicle.
Its going to be many many years before the FSD are on par with humans.

How many riders are going to be hurt or killed by these things?

Looks like the furnace and the Volt can’t coexist at the cottage:(

Plugged the car in and the furnace wouldn’t fire up. Replace the fuse and heard it trying to start.

Unplugged the volt, replaced the 20A again and the furnace works.

I’ll take a warm cottage over EV efficiency.

Looks like the furnace and the Volt can’t coexist at the cottage:(

Plugged the car in and the furnace wouldn’t fire up. Replace the fuse and heard it trying to start.

Unplugged the volt, replaced the 20A again and the furnace works.

I’ll take a warm cottage over EV efficiency.
What type of furnace? Why steal power from the furnace circuit? Did you measure voltage in the circuit with the volt charging? I suspect there is an underlying wiring issue and the charging car is dropping the voltage in the circuit far too low.

What type of furnace? Why steal power from the furnace circuit? Did you measure voltage in the circuit with the volt charging? I suspect there is an underlying wiring issue and the charging car is dropping the voltage in the circuit far too low.
I did not measure as all I want is the place to be warm so I don’t have to drive home.

Once we start upgrading the cottage the panel is the first thing to be upgraded and I will rewire the entire cottage.

1C0776FA-D076-4478-8BF1-4B413E6D5AFB.jpeg

Inlaws have one in their house in Toronto. Hidden behind the obligatory wood paneling in the basement. Redeveloping their lot would make a lot of sense.
Hahaha wood panelling in full swing at our cottage.

Our townhouse in Mississauga had fuses. First thing we did was replace the panel.

Looking for recommendation….

I have the VOLTEC L2 charger with the stupid coiled cord. I typically install the charger in the garage and like to charge outside.

However, the coiled cord is a real PIA to properly align with the door closing.

Any recommendations how to deal with this?
New charger? New cord? Install it outside?

Would prefer to keep charger inside and charge outside.

Looking for recommendation….

I have the VOLTEC L2 charger with the stupid coiled cord. I typically install the charger in the garage and like to charge outside.

However, the coiled cord is a real PIA to properly align with the door closing.

Any recommendations how to deal with this?
New charger? New cord? Install it outside?

Would prefer to keep charger inside and charge outside.
Can you hang a box on the left side of your garage? Pic shows charger outside, but you could have cord pass through into box and cutout in the bottom to allow cord to exit with box closed. Alternatively build your own. Essentially a deep picture frame with a small roof, no doors and a hook inside. Just something to hold the cord when you aren't charging so it visually disappears.

0bbde52cff85278c54675a1cf1f8bfff.jpg

EDIT:
Found a pic of a concept for the open diy version. Pretty crap execution on this one.

7f66cc65-e7cf-453a-88b7-2acac59143a5-jpeg.123960

Back
Top Bottom