Any GTAM'ers own an electric vehicle? | Page 298 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Any GTAM'ers own an electric vehicle?

Breaking...

Tesla hits trillion dollar value.

One of the big rental companies just put an order in for 100,000 tesla sending their stock price further up.

Last edited:
What is Toyota's market cap?
~240B. Not even close.

Again, I dont believe Tesla's market cap is at all based in products, innovation or reality. It is driven by blind optimism and insanity. It is definitely worth something but nowhere near the current market cap.

~240B. Not even close.

Again, I dont believe Tesla's market cap is at all based in products, innovation or reality. It is driven by blind optimism and insanity. It is definitely worth something but nowhere near the current market cap.

same could be said of Apple Inc.

They Aren't doing anything special

here's a dose of reality... Tesla 3 is the best selling car in europe. Not best selling electric car. Best selling CAR.

Last edited:
Based on fundamentals....

Toyota is trading around 10:1
GM 7:1
Ford 19:1
Apple 29:1 -- 2.4T company
Google 30:1 -- 1.8T company
Microsoft 38:1 -- 2.3T company
Amazon 57:1 -- 1.7T company

Tesla 334:1

If Tesla stock was trading based on earnings, fundamentals etc. as an automaker the stock price would be around $50B give or take $10B, not $1T. Wait, if they are really a tech company not an automaker.... well that is $120B. Pretty much proves it is hype, those of us in the market in 1999/2000 have seen many companies like this....

If Tesla stock was trading based on earnings, fundamentals etc. as an automaker the stock price would be around $50B give or take $10B, not $1T. Wait, if they are really a tech company not an automaker.... well that is $120B. Pretty much proves it is hype, those of us in the market in 1999/2000 have seen many companies like this....

wSLzjf6wngZmV5sfqgb8r-0XMOaSVMn4xKCCxYBxmpwUVFKo5E-8kD6FnWbiD2FkIydlilpkC1XK40CjxKbpcptf4JUgCoXmMcK2DuNeVrcbawE

they are predicting space X will be more valuable Tesla.

Regardless of what happens in the market, I'd say Musk is going to retire comfortably.

I just kick myself for not buying Tesla when it was the 2013 Motortrend Car of the Year. I subscribed to the paper magazine back then and sure wish I had my time back. It was around $20 back then I believe.

My hybrid fuel consumption has gone down significantly :(

700ish vs 800ish

How are your evs doing?

they are predicting space X will be more valuable Tesla.

Regardless of what happens in the market, I'd say Musk is going to retire comfortably.

Musk having lots of brilliant ideas does not mean you should ignore all economics when buying into his companies. At 60:1, he is a decent bet, at 330:1, you are aboard the hype train and statistically should expect a kick in the balls. Keep in mind that a lot of these brilliant guys die very young. If musk died tomorrow, what happens to Tesla's valuation? Apple did well after jobs died, but it was at a much lower ratio and had a functional operational structure in place. Tesla seems to be a fiefdom and I wouldnt be surprised if the loss of musk cut the valuation in half or worse.

Last edited:
Gone from 100km range on EV down to 88km so far. I expect that to be closer to 60 once I install my winter tires.
I suspect this may be due to driving style more than vehicle changes for both of you. Get addicted to the torque and use it often. When I bought my first bike it was getting well over 300 km per tank, after I got used to it and was wringing its neck, just over 100 km per tank. Only valve timing changes and changes in the operator.

I suspect this may be due to driving style more than vehicle changes for both of you. Get addicted to the torque and use it often. When I bought my first bike it was getting well over 300 km per tank, after I got used to it and was wringing its neck, just over 100 km per tank. Only valve timing changes and changes in the operator.
Nah. I drive this thing like a grandma. Temp causes EV range to go down. Simple.

My Gen1 went from 80km to 60km range on the cold. 50km in very cold and winter tires.

I checked the calendar, its not April the 1st today

While I think it is possible in a longer timeframe (say 2030 or 2035), selling more than Tesla with a super expensive hummer, a Cadillac lyriq and the bolt is not remotely going to happen. She says they should have 30 e models by then but given that is 29 more than you can currently take delivery of I call BS (either she is counting trim levels as models or that will include proposed vehicles that are years out).

GM production peaked at 8.4M vehicles pre COVID, Tesla peaked at 510K. No doubt GM is making something people want to buy, just not electric at the moment.

As various governments force electric conversion through various policies I think her statement is reasonable. Without the pressure, might as well keep going back to the ICE well. Tesla is in a spot that they actually need to buy a legacy automaker (and they can) to ramp up production capacity as building more factories has too long of a runway.

Back
Top Bottom