4 bikes run from OPP on county road 10 Alliston | Page 5 | GTAMotorcycle.com

4 bikes run from OPP on county road 10 Alliston

Yay great waste of tax money. Twin turbo 385HP to what? Chase racers? Hop from timmies to timmies? Surely none of them will rush to answer a call.

Are these cars eco friendly :)

Yay great waste of tax money. Twin turbo 385HP to what? Chase racers? Hop from timmies to timmies? Surely none of them will rush to answer a call.

Surely the V8 crown vics/chargers etc etc are SURELY fuel misers.... lmao.

Really? You guys are really pissing and moaning about fuel consumption in police vehicles now?

Another little known fact about Peel Regional anyway.
Even if they have a twin turbo what ever, they are not allowed to exceed 160kph, due to legal issues.
If the officer is involved in a chase that is in access of 160, and dies, the family has all kinds of legal rights to sue.

Even if they have a twin turbo what ever, they are not allowed to exceed 160kph, due to legal issues.
If the officer is involved in a chase that is in access of 160, and dies, the family has all kinds of legal rights to sue.

Another little known fact about the boys in blue: They don't give a hoot.

I've seen the "popo" do well above those speeds racing each other on the highway. Passed me like I was standing still. No lights on ofcourse.

True and true.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2

I think at 140KPH they [the fuzz] have to write a memo to their supervisor or they are notified or something of that nature.

disclaimer: I am not 100percent on this. Thought?

The new Twin Turbo Police Interceptors can keep up. Don't ask how I know and no I did not run from anyone

They have big HP numbers, but they're also over 4000lbs!!

For comparison, 1/4 mile times as quoted from the websites below:
SHO: 13.8 @102mph
Slowest 2011 600 from the test, sorry Honda peeps :) - 10.98 @ 128.8

Won't loose em as quickly, but a SHO still stands no chance against a 600...but then again, that's assuming the rider is decent.

http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/2013-ford-taurus-sho-instrumented-test-review
http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/114/10195/Motorcycle-Article/2011-Honda-CBR600RR-Track-Comparison.aspx

Lots of people need to stop talkin about stuff they 'heard'.

The most true comment in this thread.

You heard wrong. They are twin turbo V6 which spits out around 385 hp.
These cars are fast. And handle well.
And this isnt something " ive heard " like most of the crap in this thread.

Rumours were that the N/A V6 is what were being ordered, from what I've been told none of the services opted for anything other than the Twin Turbo version

You're both wrong, and right. I know for a fact that there are police services running each engine, and in some cases both (easily confirmed by looking at the back of the cruiser for the "ECOBOOST" badge).

I don't know if this is true in Peel, I know it's not universal. Either way it doesn't make sense; the way you wrote that is that if the officer breaks the supposed 160 rule and dies, then his family can sue because he broke the rule???

I think at 140KPH they [the fuzz] have to write a memo to their supervisor or they are notified or something of that nature.

Knock a "0" off of that percentage.

They get a rush by chasing too.

It amazes me hoe the Police would increase the risk to the public by engaging in a high speed chase for a traffic ticket?
Can they use this same zeal to get the drugs, guns, and gangs off the streets?

Running is wrong but chasing at high speed does not make it right.

It amazes me hoe the Police would increase the risk to the public by engaging in a high speed chase for a traffic ticket?

They think if you run you must have a lot more to hide...

Knock a "0" off of that percentage.

Several Police forces in the GTA do this, yes. Instances of speeds over 140 km/h are logged for supervisory review.

You gotta remember that some of these cops have a high egos and just want to prove something. A couple years back my buddy got chased by 2 Crown Vics on 401. They were doing 200+ behind him. He had to pull 245km/h before they finally pulled off. He did not have fun in that chase.

Just some read on new cop cars
http://www.autoblog.com/2012/09/14/fords-taurus-based-police-interceptor-getting-more-power-to-cat/

Doesnt protocol state that 1 person stops while the others continue?

Back
Top Bottom