4 bikes run from OPP on county road 10 Alliston | Page 6 | GTAMotorcycle.com

4 bikes run from OPP on county road 10 Alliston

"I've never met those guys in my life. I was out riding alone and they just hooked up with me a couple miles back."

+1 .

NO, I wasn't with him when he died. I think he was riding alone that day. But we did ride together in groups and he wasn't a daredevil or anything. In fact, he rides pretty much within the speed limits on those rides we were together. He is a relatively new rider, only got his gixxer last summer, had a ninja 250 prior.
But that is impossible, starting on a 250, makes you the perfect rider.

This just reaffirms the fact that it has to do with you wrist and your decision making and nothing to do with the CC's

You gotta remember that some of these cops have a high egos and just want to prove something. A couple years back my buddy got chased by 2 Crown Vics on 401. They were doing 200+ behind him. He had to pull 245km/h before they finally pulled off. He did not have fun in that chase.

No, I think they were just doing their job. Someone who operates at the velocity of 245 km/hr on a public road is a danger to everyone. They did the right thing pursuing and should have called in a helicopter.

Can you imagine if your friend hit a pothole and went flying into a school bus?

No, I think they were just doing their job. Someone who operates at the velocity of 245 km/hr on a public road is a danger to everyone. They did the right thing pursuing and should have called in a helicopter.

We can argue all day about this but he wasn't traveling 200 when they started going after him. In all honesty a lot of people think about their license when stuff like this pops up. You stop, you're done.
Probably more dangerous chasing with 2 cars at that speed if anything.

Motorcycle would have never gone up to 245 if he/she wasn't being chased. Wrong doing from the Rider but also wrong from the police officers to risk the public's lifes fo what? 2 wrongs don't make a right.

Police are suppose to terminate any pursuit that puts public safety at risk, assuming the inherent danger of the pursuit is greater than the risk of allowing the suspect to go free.

Police officers are trained for high speed pursuits, your average joe isn't. It is up to their better judgment whether to terminate a pursuit or not.

If people are concerned about their licences being revoked, they shouldn't be doing anything to put them in jeopardy in the first place. (Before anyone says it, I'll be first in line to sign any petition to increase our archaic speed limits and revise the stupid HTA172 stuff.)

Police are suppose to terminate any pursuit that puts public safety at risk, assuming the inherent danger of the pursuit is greater than the risk of allowing the suspect to go free.

Police officers are trained for high speed pursuits, your average joe isn't. It is up to their better judgment whether to terminate a pursuit or not.

If people are concerned about their licences being revoked, they shouldn't be doing anything to put them in jeopardy in the first place. (Before anyone says it, I'll be first in line to sign any petition to increase our archaic speed limits and revise the stupid HTA172 stuff.)

/Thread

There are many people who operate vehicles and motorcycles on average of 245km on public roads. There is this place called Germany, and there is a highway called the Autobahn. Isn't that the safest highway in the world? Speed doesn't kill.

How many school busses do you see on average on the 401 too?

I'm not saying running from the police and doing those speeds here are ok to do, but cops doing their job need to know when to call it quits before someone gets hurt... Pretty sure a Crown vic doing over 200km/hr is going to mess up a lot more than a bike. Those cars arn't really made for high speeds

There are many people who operate vehicles and motorcycles on average of 245km on public roads. There is this place called Germany, and there is a highway called the Autobahn. Isn't that the safest highway in the world? Speed doesn't kill.

How many school busses do you see on average on the 401 too?

I'm not saying running from the police and doing those speeds here are ok to do, but cops doing their job need to know when to call it quits before someone gets hurt... Pretty sure a Crown vic doing over 200km/hr is going to mess up a lot more than a bike. Those cars arn't really made for high speeds

The Autobahn's road condition including surface is very similar to our 401, also our drivers are just as skilled as any other European Country including Germany. I don't understand why they have an unlimited speed on their highways and yet we are limited to 100 km/h......

The Autobahn's road condition including surface is very similar to our 401, also our drivers are just as skilled as any other European Country including Germany. I don't understand why they have an unlimited speed on their highways and yet we are limited to 100 km/h......

:confused::confused:

We are blessed that we have a system where we just don't hand out drivers licences to anyone with a heart beat in Ontario.We have nothing but the cream of the crop operating motor vehicles on our highways.

I'd be cool with an unlimited speed limit on our highways, also school zones and surburbs....

Sarcasm lol

We have some nasty bumps on 401 and some DVP exits. You ever wanna pull a wheelie? Go over them and dont drop the throttle lol

I have family who live in Germany & Switzerland and getting a driver's license there can cost +2000€. If you fail the test it's another +1000€ for re-training and testing.

you have to do a certain # of driving hours by an accredited government driving authority and show driving competence at night, city, autobahn; you also have to do a certain # of classroom hours and first-aid training.

non of which are required here in Ontario. the driver's education is completely missing here! for a whopping $70 a single-celled organism can pass a drivetest in Ontario.

Anyone who has even a passing familiarity with the license systems in Germany will know that their requirements are MUCH higher than the requirements here. They take it seriously with real training, not some crap about "I sat in a car with a dude from Brampton for three hours".

They're not alone. Many European countries are similar. Asian ones too. You know that to get a motorbike license in Japan you need to demonstrate you can hop your bike onto the curb? There's a whole ridiculous slew of stuff you have to know and demonstrate.

Of course the flip side of that is that public transit in the EU/Asia is robust enough that not having a driver's license isn't the economic death sentence it would be here in North America. We flat out need our cars to get to work in most places and our softer licensing laws reflect that.

OMG Where should I start.

I did my fair share of autobahn driving from Frankfurt to Munich for a couple of years. Most of the time you drive 120-140 Km/h and keep the rightmost lane open for passing. There is a myth among the North-American drives that the Autobahn is the high speed heaven where everybody is just flying 200 Km/h. It is not true for 99% of the drivers.

Secondly you cannot mention our driver education on the same day as the european way. Over there it is mandatory to have 35-40 hours of classroom and 40 hours inspector supervised driving before any driver license is issued. Believe me it makes a huge difference.

g.

As far as I know, the vast majority of cars in Europe are small displacement cars... a 2.0L engine in Europe is considered a larger engine and average drivers tend to stay below that for insurance/tax purposes. It would be nearly impossible for those cars to travel at 200km/hr for sustained periods of time. I know that driver training is top notch though, especially in places like Finland.

I think in Canada the highway network can safely handle higher speeds, it's the people that can't. Driver's school is a problem because a lot of instructors don't really teach you how to drive, they just teach you how to pass your M2 test, and even that is optional. It should be mandatory and it should be VERY complete.

It's true that being denied a license is a financial disaster when you're older but it's all the more reason to get started while young. There's no reason you shouldn't have your license as soon as you legally can... I also don't give a crap about their financial situation when they're running me over cuz they can't hang on to a steering wheel or select which pedal to press.

In Europe in countries like Switzerland, in addition to the costs mentioned, your driver's license states what car transmission you are allowed to drive. If you are tested on an auto transmission car you aren't allowed to drive a manual unless you test for it as well.

In the UK for motorcycles you must have a learners plate and there are restrictions. Here is a link to the flowchart of various motorcycle license progressions. No 16 year olds on Hayabusas there. http://assets.dft.gov.uk/dsa/dsa-routes-to-your-motorcycle-licence.pdf

Back
Top Bottom