4 bikes run from OPP on county road 10 Alliston | Page 7 | GTAMotorcycle.com

4 bikes run from OPP on county road 10 Alliston

As far as I know, the vast majority of cars in Europe are small displacement cars... a 2.0L engine in Europe is considered a larger engine and average drivers tend to stay below that for insurance/tax purposes. It would be nearly impossible for those cars to travel at 200km/hr for sustained periods of time. I know that driver training is top notch though, especially in places like Finland.

Many of those vehicles are 6 speed diesels with high compression and will go all day at 220. It's an whole nother world.

Here are some Audi A3 numbers

1.8 20vT 1,781 cc (109 cu in) I4 turbo AGU/ARZ/ARX/AUM 150 PS (110 kW; 148 hp) @5700 210 N·m (155 lb·ft) @1750–4600 8.2 s 217 km/h (135 mph) 1996–2003

1.8 20vT 1,781 cc (109 cu in) I4 turbo AJQ/APP/ARY/AUQ 180 PS (132 kW; 178 hp) @5500 235 N·m (173 lb·ft) @1950–5000 7.5 s 228 km/h (142 mph) 1999–2003

1.8 20vT (S3) 1,781 cc (109 cu in) I4 turbo APY, AMK 210 PS (154 kW; 207 hp) @5800 270 N·m (199 lb·ft) @2100 6.8 s 238 km/h (148 mph) 1999–2001

1.8 20vT (S3) 1,781 cc (109 cu in) I4 turbo BAM 225 PS (165 kW; 222 hp) @5900 280 N·m (207 lb·ft) @2200 6.6 s 243 km/h (151 mph)

and the Jetta's Golfs and Passat TDis will run all day at 200 kph + as will the small Mercedes.

In Australia there is a Learner's period with restricted bikes ( by horsepower and CC) and then once passed that you have to take an additional test to ride unrestricted.

My buddy there with tens of thousands of miles of on road and off road and a way better rider than me could not legally ride my ST1100.

and insurance is reallllly cheap there.

Last edited:
How the hell did this go from, essentially, an I saw you post, to run or not to run, to police car specs, to police protocols, to autobahn, to driving school, back to autobahn........?

A couple guys were speeding.......they got caught........the end

How the hell did this go from, essentially, an I saw you post, to run or not to run, to police car specs, to police protocols, to autobahn, to driving school, back to autobahn........?

You forgot car specs :)

Welcome to gtam

Many of those vehicles are 6 speed diesels with high compression and will go all day at 220. It's an whole nother world.

Here are some Audi A3 numbers

and the Jetta's Golfs and Passat TDis will run all day at 200 kph + as will the small Mercedes.

This is very true.

In comparison to the moto world, (base) cars in NA would be harleys, as they got low "hp/cc" ratio, and (base) cars in EU would be RS250, where there is 75hp out of a 250cc engine.

In Europe, the constraint is in the CO2 emissions and the cc + greater fuel economy goals compared to the NA, therefore the industry has been pushing for years for the most outcome out of the smaller displacement engines.

Audi A3 1.2T hits to 60mph in 7secs if I'm not mistaken, which is like a 2.5 Mazda or Golf here.

This has turned into an Interesting thread!:D

I think at 140KPH they [the fuzz] have to write a memo to their supervisor or they are notified or something of that nature.

disclaimer: I am not 100percent on this. Thought?

yes. Every car has GPS with speed zones programmed in. If they go over the speed limit by a certain number. The supervisor gets a memo.

In regards to the ramp speed signs. Those are advisories for the corner, speed limit down the ramp is 100. However, doesn't mean that as soon as you hit the ramp lane from the road you are leaving you should be doing 100, as that would probably get ticketed. Once the ramp is clearly diverged from the road you are leaving I would say it's safe to speed up.

Yes, it's fairly safe to speed up once you have clearly departed one road and entered the ramp, however, the speed limit that is in force is the one from the road that you just quit.

I wonder how the other 2 got caught....I hope their buddy's didn't rat them out.

Odds are they got their license plates on camera.

Back
Top Bottom