4 bikes run from OPP on county road 10 Alliston | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

4 bikes run from OPP on county road 10 Alliston

The police aren't allowed to chase bikes is a myth.
I heard the opposite coming out of officer's mouth myself. They might try a little but then they would back off.
If you speed, you better ask yourself if you're prepared to run, cause when you stop most likely your riding career is done.

I heard the opposite coming out of officer's mouth myself. They might try a little but then they would back off.
If you speed, you better ask yourself if you're prepared to run, cause when you stop most likely your riding career is done.

Running from cops is bad. Just don't do it. Even if they don't catch you, the bird in the sky will.

And they will chase, run people down just to get you!

Official word/law: They can pursue anyone on anything.

Real world: Pursuits in general are usually called off, bikes are called off almost always before they even really get started

That doesn't mean they give up on catching the bike, just that a patrol car doesn't come tearing up behind it

Not necessarily true. I ran from the cops and haven't been charged with it when I was caught. They have to prove that you're running, which I think is hard unless your trying to blast thru a barricade or something.

Legal edit: I sometimes lie.

Last edited:
Either way....SS's are boring when you do speed limit lol

Not necessarily true. I ran from the cops and haven't been charged with it when I was caught. They have to prove that you're running, which I think is hard unless your trying to blast thru a barricade or something.

Legal edit: I sometimes lie.

I wear in ear headphones, blast Gangnam Style, and have one deaf ear! Not my fault if I don't hear cherries come on. I'm also a horrible rider and never check my mirrors.

I also heard from an officers mouth that he was following me for 5 or 6 kms as I was swerving in and out of traffic doing 170km/hr?
Only problem is I had just gotten on the highway less than 1km before he pulled me over and my top speed was 120km/hr (It was 5 minutes after 5pm on the 401).

Chances of them calling off the chase is fairly high, but they don't have too, it comes down to officers discretion.

If they couldn't chase bikes, why doesn't everyone that has ever commited a crime just ride a bike and then they can never be chased and caught?

I do own a SS. Never have exceeded the speed limit.

Biggest lie of the century. Even 1km/hour above the limit is considered speeding.

Unless you dont ride your bike, it is impossible that you never have exceeded any speed limit.

Biggest lie of the century. Even 1km/hour above the limit is considered speeding.

Does not apply to passing lane. Subject to *** burgle if caught doing that. Holding up traffic flow.

Last edited by a moderator:
Last weekend I thing somebody ran away from a cop at the Forks.... saw one OPP patrol car parked in every intersection of the country roads there with their cherries on, it was like a perimeter, if the guy/s were still inside they were screwed. Best thing to do is just to ride into the woods and stay there till nightime LOL

Either way....SS's are boring when you do speed limit lol

squiding it out on the street is boring on most bikes! Bring it to the track! Nothing like low siding your bike in turn 2, fixing it up and jamming it out for another 3 sessions after taking the real man's version of a slip n slide.

But hey, speeding on public streets is bad *** :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
Took my M test last week. I asked the examiner if I would be able to go 110-120 to merge into traffic. He responded by saying, there is no speed limit on the merging lane. Anyone want to test this theory out and pull 180 on the on ramp on their M test or in front of a cop? :p

Took my M test last week. I asked the examiner if I would be able to go 110-120 to merge into traffic. He responded by saying, there is no speed limit on the merging lane. Anyone want to test this theory out and pull 180 on the on ramp on their M test or in front of a cop? :p

my understanding is if there is no posted speed, it is suppose to be what the highway is limited to. if it's posted wether its a white or yellow speed sign then that is the posted speed and speeds above are chargeable.

Official word/law: They can pursue anyone on anything.

Real world: Pursuits in general are usually called off, bikes are called off almost always before they even really get started

That doesn't mean they give up on catching the bike, just that a patrol car doesn't come tearing up behind it

A friend just DIED in April thinking that was the case with cops, that was the belief we had until this happen. Its NOT worth risking your life over. Just pull over and suck it up and pay the whatever fines, insurance hike up, tow fees whatever, if you speed, know the consequences. Its better to wipe out your wallet that wipe out your life!!!

The best approach. JUST DON'T SPEED!!! Or take it to the track and go all out.

http://www.cp24.com/siu-no-charges-a...rash-1.1312681

The province's police watchdog says there are no reasonable grounds to charge a York regional police officer with any criminal offence in the death of a 22-year-old man in April.
The Special Investigations Unit says the man died after his speeding motorcycle went through a red light an collided with an SUV in a Markham intersection.
Police were pursuing the motorcycle -- which had been weaving though traffic in a 70 km/h zone at speeds approaching 140 km/h -- and had believed the rider had pulled over.
However, the motorcyclist then sped into the intersection against a red light, struck the SUV, and received fatal injuries when he was ejected.
A collision reconstructionist "conservatively" estimated the speed of the motorcycle at the point of impact as 97 km/h and said there was no evidence of contact with the officer's cruiser.
SIU director Ian Scott says the officer had the lawful authority to attempt to stop the motorcyclist and did not pursue the bike after it accelerated away from him.

http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum/showthread.php?169737-Fallen-Rider-April-8th-2013/page3

A friend just DIED in April thinking that was the case with cops, that was the belief we had until this happen. Its NOT worth risking your life over. Just pull over and suck it up and pay the whatever fines, insurance hike up, tow fees whatever, if you speed, know the consequences. Its better to wipe out your wallet that wipe out your life!!!

The province's police watchdog says there are no reasonable grounds to charge a York regional police officer with any criminal offence in the death of a 22-year-old man in April.
The Special Investigations Unit says the man died after his speeding motorcycle went through a red light an collided with an SUV in a Markham intersection.
Police were pursuing the motorcycle -- which had been weaving though traffic in a 70 km/h zone at speeds approaching 140 km/h -- and had believed the rider had pulled over.
However, the motorcyclist then sped into the intersection against a red light, struck the SUV, and received fatal injuries when he was ejected.
A collision reconstructionist "conservatively" estimated the speed of the motorcycle at the point of impact as 97 km/h and said there was no evidence of contact with the officer's cruiser.
SIU director Ian Scott says the officer had the lawful authority to attempt to stop the motorcyclist and did not pursue the bike after it accelerated away from him.

http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum/showthread.php?169737-Fallen-Rider-April-8th-2013/page3

My condolences.
So 22 on a super sport.
Why is he speeding like that on a residential street?
Did you ever talk to him? If so what did he say to you?

My condolences.
So 22 on a super sport.
Why is he speeding like that on a residential street?
Did you ever talk to him? If so what did he say to you?

He died, bro... how could he talk to him?

Sorry to hear you lost your friend, zx636. I'm the same age as him and stories like this unsettle me. Everyone makes bad decisions sometimes but not everyone pays with their life.

Thank sucks man. I am sorry to hear.

Were you with him running away from the cops!?

He died, bro... how could he talk to him?

Sorry to hear you lost your friend, zx636. I'm the same age as him and stories like this unsettle me. Everyone makes bad decisions sometimes but not everyone pays with their life.

I hope you don't ride like you comprehend.

Back
Top Bottom