Votes: 21 22.3%
  • 50 to 59

Votes: 25 26.6%
  • 60 to 69

Votes: 17 18.1%
  • 70 to 79

Votes: 2 2.1%

• Total voters
Dude was a NeXT Registered Developer before that.
Dude ran a scientific instrument business to service medical equipment since before computer technology arrived and even more when it did.
Dude got into CCAC because he knew UNIX servers and network electronics
Dude retired and rides motorcycles professionally now :cool:

You dodged my question and instead became defensive and listed your work history lol

Just pointing out the reason as to why there's less and less youngins in the game now and that's all. Ofcourse there's major benefits to our higher requirements for coverage and what not, there's no denying that.
Big issue is also that the younger generation doesn't really give a crap about cars/riding and motor vehicles. The high cost of entry, insurance, and maintenance (as a lot won't do it themselves) is a turn off when you can use the money for other things.

Throw in the fact that you can't get into housing, and now you have to pay more for storage...little wonder that a larger proportion of the younger generation don't even bother with motorized vehicles.

Big issue is also that the younger generation doesn't really give a crap about cars/riding and motor vehicles. The high cost of entry, insurance, and maintenance (as a lot won't do it themselves) is a turn off when you can use the money for other things.

Throw in the fact that you can't get into housing, and now you have to pay more for storage...little wonder that a larger proportion of the younger generation don't even bother with motorized vehicles.
I went on a date once with someone in their mid 20's that lived their entire life downtown and had never gotten a license or driven. So weird and far from my life.

Sim racing's popularity also went through the roof, so all the would-be motorsport junkies went there.

As stupid as this sounds, my heart rate averages 110-130 during a race. My resting heart rate is around 60-70. While I would definitely still ride, because real adrenaline rush > virtual, I don't know if I'd say the same if I never rode before and started sim racing first. If I had to pay for all the damages I've caused smashing a Nissian GTR, Porsche GT3, Ferrari 488 GT3, and Lamborghini Huracán in real life....I'm not sure if I'd be dead first or bankrupt lol

You dodged my question and instead became defensive and listed your work history lol
No you still don't even know what a NeXT Registered Developer was.

No you still don't even know what a NeXT Registered Developer was.

I also don't know enough about neural networks, machine learning, or physics simulation to do a decent job coding one from scratch.

What is your point?

Too late, it's been attempted tons before, the software becomes obsolete faster then the hardware

This is the statement I'm trying to understand. While I understand this was true in the past (frankly because many software princples weren't around), and hardware is still advancing, why is it "too late" to work software into health systems if a system is properly decoupled? Many government and health care systems are wholly inadequate due to piss poor design, leading to massive inefficiencies (aka. lost time, which is money or somebody dying.)

I am counting on other decent developers to spot my own piss poor designs in the future because software principles have not stopped evolving.

Are you suggesting, instead, that no work be done at all and to leave things as is?

Last edited:
Not a great idea listing CCAC as part of a resume. If Ontario has ever had a broken system, that's one!

As with most things, the details matter. CCAC seems to have a huge management and oversight problem. Some truly wonderful people work for CCAC and do the best they can with the crap raining from above.
Absolutely. We have met wonderful, kind people from there. They have a very tough job. Unfortunately there are way too many managers relatives to the number of cases workers. Every visit by a management team member was a repeat of the previous visit.
After 6 visits they are done. But they will follow up 6 months later. Lol.

CCAC was a Great place to work. When I started it was 8:30 to 4:30 weekdays.
I was the regional IT department, my boss was a highly paid Nurse. Ya I have no problems putting it on my resume if I wanted a resume.

NeXT registered developers authored software for NeXT computers. Mine was to be a turn key hardware and software system that integrated digital images and pdf based records with patient medical instruments and patient medical billing. In short I was making software to improve the lives and work of people in health care, hence the original statement, seen lots of computer hardware and software evaporate.

Last edited:
As with most things, the details matter. CCAC seems to have a huge management and oversight problem. Some truly wonderful people work for CCAC and do the best they can with the crap raining from above.
Ya Hundreds of nurses. :sneaky: Tough place for an IT guy to work, there was Always great food at all the offices. LHIN :geek: I was their local IT guy too as well as 3SO and we had offices in all the local hospitals. I started there at the same time they started using computers. (LHIN offices and 3SO only had donuts, sometimes pizza)

I went on a date once with someone in their mid 20's that lived their entire life downtown and had never gotten a license or driven. So weird and far from my life.
Yup same here. Went on a date with a girl from downtown.
she asked if I have a problem with her not having a car or driving ever. I told her as long as she’s willing to take the TTC once in a while to the west end we’re cool.
she was not and expected only me to drive. First and last date.
My wife didn’t have a license when we met, she got her license because she felt sad I always had to drive to see her.
That was 10+ years ago.

Yeah, it makes 0 sense for someone living downtown to get a car
with the subway and TTC, why bother with car payments/fuel costs/insurance/parking/maintenance etc etc

Yeah, it makes 0 sense for someone living downtown to get a car
with the subway and TTC, why bother with car payments/fuel costs/insurance/parking/maintenance etc etc
The girl I went on a date with said her family had no car (or licenses). It would be have been quite hard for her to get the experience required to pass if all of your practice had to be in rides bummed off of your few friends with vehicles.

CCAC was a Great place to work. When I started it was 8:30 to 4:30 weekdays.
I was the regional IT department, my boss was a highly paid Nurse. Ya I have no problems putting it on my resume if I wanted a resume.

NeXT registered developers authored software for NeXT computers. Mine was to be a turn key hardware and software system that integrated digital images and pdf based records with patient medical instruments and patient medical billing. In short I was making software to improve the lives and work of people in health care, hence the original statement, seen lots of computer hardware and software evaporate.

Are you aware hardware and software coupling is heavily frowned upon now because of exactly what you described?

You were also likely around when hardware vendors would not agree to a specification. A lot of this was due businessmen who wanted to protect their IP to the point where it would cripple evolution and productivity. We're seeing the same thing with VANETs now (self driving cars on a smart road, passing information between one another because hivemind information > single car) where governments can't agree on a standard.

There's also the other issue where companies will bleed competent developers if they do it the old way lol

For the longest time, I was in my 40s, homeless, unemployed, didn't own a car...

Those were the best years of my life.

Care to expand on this? lolol

My best years would be my 20s. At around 27 was when I started making drastic life choice changes to accelerate financial stability and growth. Then the mental anguish kicked in lol, it's one thing to know what to do logically, but I didn't comprehended how long 15-20~ years is LOL

For the longest time, I was in my 40s, homeless, unemployed, didn't own a car...

Those were the best years of my life.

Me : things you own...end up owning you

Also Me: Ohhh Multistrada Shiny!

Care to expand on this? lolol
The link to his homeless period is in his signature.

The link to his homeless period is in his signature.

Oh I remember reading this years ago! That's damn sick.

Back
Top Bottom