Who's still riding? (Fall & Winter 2021 Edition) | Page 11 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Who's still riding? (Fall & Winter 2021 Edition)

The weather looks great but as mentioned high winds. I’m planning to go for a ride after work so with any luck the wind will calm but either way should be fine for a shorter ride at the least.

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com

I’m a pretty adventurous winter rider, but twisties and country roads with questionable road conditions right now are one thing, but high winds (I’ve heard gusts as high as 80 today) which might push one around in their lane while you may already be picky about where you’re riding in said lane (to avoid sand or whatever) would be over the line for me, personally.

The way this winter is shaping up so far, there’s likely going to be nicer days.

Fair. Maybe I’ll do a short ride to a Kleinburg cafe and pose for the 3 season riders.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah that wind is quite nasty. The last windy day over the week-end knocked down a bunch of trees in the area.

It really never got particularly windy out in the east end here. Honestly it was a super pleasant day, but by the time I got off work it was cloudy and not very appealing riding weather, so I left things parked.

I went out today expecting it to be much cooler due to the wind. Turned out to be not that windy and I was overdressed and sweating. Great to be out anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com

I went out twice today, nothing major, just puttered around east GTA. Wind wasn't bad in the built-up areas, but definitely gets your attention out in the open. Nice to say I rode 9 days before Christmas.

I went out twice today, nothing major, just puttered around east GTA. Wind wasn't bad in the built-up areas, but definitely gets your attention out in the open. Nice to say I rode 9 days before Christmas.
sometimes, global warming is good🤷‍♂️

I'm kinda worried about my (well..my kids') ski season though.

I had big plans to leave work at noon and take advantage. That didn't happen way too much happening with the end of the year.
So I think, no big deal, I'll head out after work.
My wife calls me and tells me shingles are flying off the roof. :oops:
Get home, survey the damage and proceed out to get shingles. I had to go to three stores thanks to RONA's spectacular inventory system.
Get the roof fixed, have dinner, it's now 6:30pm.

I did end up getting out for about an hour...... better than nothing I suppose.

Put the garage up when I got home from work at 2:30 and thought I might go for a ride in the nice sun..

Put on my cold riding boots that were sitting beside the bike and shivered a little. Decided to just leave things parked.

I had big plans to leave work at noon and take advantage. That didn't happen way too much happening with the end of the year.
So I think, no big deal, I'll head out after work.
My wife calls me and tells me shingles are flying off the roof. :oops:
Get home, survey the damage and proceed out to get shingles. I had to go to three stores thanks to RONA's spectacular inventory system.
Get the roof fixed, have dinner, it's now 6:30pm.

I did end up getting out for about an hour...... better than nothing I suppose.
Ugh I just found a shingle on my driveway as I left to go out this afternoon. I'm hoping it's not one of mine.
Quick check didn't notice anything, will know more tomorrow. Last thing I need right now.

Out for groceries yesterday. No zebra.
Today the ground is white.

Ok what did I miss, what is this zebra thing?
I was wondering if someone would bite. Folks just outside of town have a pet zebra (possibly named Marley). Even a short ride around the country block seems more interesting if you get to see a zebra.

Back
Top Bottom