Who's still riding? (Fall & Winter 2021 Edition) | Page 4 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Who's still riding? (Fall & Winter 2021 Edition)

Came in today. Medium was definitely the right choice, despite their sizing chart. Quality is very good and you can tell QC is there.

Also got the batter tender adapter for ease of plugging in. Went with the simple 5 level heattroller (replacement) without remote, saved a few bucks and I can click it from in my jacket pocket.

Next cold (but dry) day will be the test. Excited!
Awesome - I hope they work out good for you.
Is this the 5 position controller you are talking about? I just found this in my heated gear bag and tried it out - it worked really well. Just not to be used with heated jacket or pants due to the current draw, but perfect for gloves, glove liners or socks.

Awesome - I hope they work out good for you.
Is this the 5 position controller you are talking about? I just found this in my heated gear bag and tried it out - it worked really well. Just not to be used with heated jacket or pants due to the current draw, but perfect for gloves, glove liners or socks.
No it was this one, direct from them with the gloves. That one may actually be better, but with free USPS shipping I'm probably ahead (or at least even). I can add a remote later if I wish, if I'm going to get a vest at some point maybe I will.

Came in today. Medium was definitely the right choice, despite their sizing chart. Quality is very good and you can tell QC is there.

Also got the batter tender adapter for ease of plugging in. Went with the simple 5 level heattroller (replacement) without remote, saved a few bucks and I can click it from in my jacket pocket.

Next cold (but dry) day will be the test. Excited!

Just make sure to check the wire gauge. I have a factory fitted SAE harness on my V-Strom and it is 18 AWG; warm and safe recommends 16 at minimum. So I will replace the harness with the one they provide.

Still riding year round as I have been since 2007.

Today was the day where I knew it was time to put away the summer bike and take out the winter beater. Not because they've salted the streets or anything yet. This year it's because I picked up a dual sport, but the tires on it are ten years old. Heated storage so the tires are in fantastic shape, but I could tell today they felt off a couple times. I was glad it was a dry day.

Winter beater riding season starts tomorrow.

Z900 is in storage, but still riding my Versys. Did about 4 hours on the Trans-Quebec Trail today.

I was originally planning on putting it in storage next week as well, but it's warming up a little so maybe I'll keep it an extra week or two.

I was out for a bit today. I came home after the sun had set; It was chilly.

Got out yesterday...was surprisingly nice. Ran lakeshore road for another last time this year.

Ended up in Port Perry later in the afternoon visiting a relative. The causeway Tims was littered with Hortons Choice members.

I expect to get out a few times this week.

Overall a pretty crappy season for me overall, won't even break 10,000km this year unless a weekend trip to PA ends up happening....which if they drop the return PCR test requirement this week, and this weather trend continues....isn't out of the question yet.

saw someone in a red v strom and a high vis jacket today on my way to work, might have been someone here

Glad I kept the bike out (I usually do for most of the winter) as it’s beautiful out today. Going on a nice romp

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com

I was out for almost 2 hours ... fantastic!

Got out yesterday for about a little over 400km. Heated vest made the ride super comfy.

Put my Harley away Sunday after a long ride. Got out the snow blower and ran it up but...left enough room to take out the KTM so I can continue to take advantage of days like today for the odd ride to work. Very nice ride today. Hoping for an entire month of freak warm weather.

76DE3ACF-8CC9-44D5-9763-E46C96E4B19E.jpeg
Yesterday was my last day and got in 300-400km. Fair amount of bikes out mostly ADV type and ‘Wings. One green sport bike (even geared up he looked cold). Loop Rd had been salted as were a few others north from there. Ended up exploring a few gravel roads as my bike was dirty anyways. 507 is nicer now than I thought it would be after the road work. Oil change and a wash today and put in the corner. Been sledding in November the past two years….

Back
Top Bottom