Who's still riding? (Fall & Winter 2021 Edition) | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Who's still riding? (Fall & Winter 2021 Edition)

Hopefully when i get home on the 27th, The weather will be kind and I’ll get a few days riding before the next rotation

Thanks. I was checking out Gears but they have zero data on impact or abrasion resistance which was concerning.
If you are looking for the best abrasion or impact resistance, then I think the cheapest electric heated solution would be to use heated liners under your moto specific gloves. These are the ones I have: Heated Glove Liners 12V

They are pretty thin, but just don't work for my current set of riding gloves because those are already snug. They also use much less power off your bike than the normal heated gloves and still get pretty warm.

Gerbing also sells them much cheaper, but I have no idea how good they are: Gerbing Heated Glove Liner Kit - 12V Motorcycle - The Warming Store

Keep in mind that a heated vest keeps the core warm allowing more warm blood to flow to the hands. It's like wearing a hat to keep your fingers and toes warm.

You guys are too high tech for me, my cold weather gear is a good ol turtleneck and I'm good to go lol 🐢☃️

Keep in mind that a heated vest keeps the core warm allowing more warm blood to flow to the hands. It's like wearing a hat to keep your fingers and toes warm.
While this is great in theory it never worked well in practice for me. Once I switched from a vest to a full liner I was way more comfortable.

I wear the Ultimate Touring Gloves the most, because the liners don't fit well under my already snug regular gloves and the Gerbing G3 are rather bulky and I use those only when it's really cold out. The Ultimate gloves are amazing and are comfortable down to around -5deg.
The Ultimate Touring Gloves are on sale for $99 USD with free shipping to Canada. How accurate is their sizing chart, and is the liner secured to the leather, or does it move around and feel like a separate liner inside an unlined glove (I hate the feeling of twisting the throttle only to find it's the liner that's moving inside the glove).

I'm very happy with my Venture 12v "hybrid" heated jacket liner (can run off lithium battery pack or bike's battery). With heated neck and sleeves, this was a major improvement over my Fired-Up lithium battery-powered vest, which I thought was pretty good to begin with. Running off the bike's battery means never having to worry about the battery pack draining and being without heat. Built-in heat controller as well as an included wireless remote controller. Got it from GP Bikes early this year when it was on sale for about $230 along with one of their no HST sales. No regrets at all. Lowest temp I've had out in so far was about 13 C, under my mesh jacket with no wind liner, and it was great. I really wanted the Warm 'N Safe liner, but not being able to see how one fit in person was a showstopper. Also, being able to drop the Venture off at GP Bikes and have them deal with the warranty sealed the deal.

The Ultimate Touring Gloves are on sale for $99 USD with free shipping to Canada. How accurate is their sizing chart, and is the liner secured to the leather, or does it move around and feel like a separate liner inside an unlined glove (I hate the feeling of twisting the throttle only to find it's the liner that's moving inside the glove).
The inner liner doesn’t move at all. It’s stitched in. I’ve worn these gloves all day long tipping around the Smoky’s and forgot I was wearing heated gloves. I think their sizing is pretty accurate - a large is a large.

I happened to get mine from Parker Brothes just before they closed down. They had a bin of shorty summer gloves that were 50% off, but for some reason they had one pair of these in the bin in my size, so I scored them for $90. Mine are actually called First Gear Carbon heated gloves, which I was told are the Warmnsafe rebranded for First Gear and identical to the Ultimate gloves. Firstgear 12V Heated Carbon Gloves - RevZilla

You are welcome to see them if you like before buying online.

Last edited:

Thanks to Shane’s advice, I saw them on sale as well and now have some shipping to me. I expect I’ll see them by end of week.

Their size chart said I was a large. I am usually in a medium at best and like them tighter to start and wear in. I ordered medium. Will let you know if I guessed right.

The inner liner doesn’t move at all. It’s stitched in. I’ve worn these gloves all day long tipping around the Smoky’s and forgot I was wearing heated gloves. I think their sizing is pretty accurate - a large is a large.

I happened to get mine from Parker Brothes just before they closed down. They had a bin of shorty summer gloves that were 50% off, but for some reason they had one pair of these in the bin in my size, so I scored them for $90. Mine are actually called First Gear Carbon heated gloves, which I was told are the Warmnsafe rebranded for First Gear and identical to the Ultimate gloves. Firstgear 12V Heated Carbon Gloves - RevZilla

You are welcome to see them if you like before buying online.
Looks like I'd require an additional temp controller just for those gloves, since my Venture sends full power to the sleeves regardless of the liner's temp setting. Guess that's the give and take of having it built-in.

Looks like I'd require an additional temp controller just for those gloves, since my Venture sends full power to the sleeves regardless of the liner's temp setting. Guess that's the give and take of having it built-in.
Yeah I think you are correct. Without knowing how your jacket is set-up, maybe getting the controller can power both the jacket and gloves separately. Controllers can be $100-$200 alone sometimes.

Yeah I think you are correct. Without knowing how your jacket is set-up, maybe getting the controller can power both the jacket and gloves separately. Controllers can be $100-$200 alone sometimes.
My Venture gloves have the control for heat on them,maybe for non Venture gloves you would need a control.

Rode till the start of october last year with just my summer jacket and a **** ton of layers which was definitely a mistake cause i got cold FAST. Decided to get a new jacket that was waterproof and had a thermal liner for colder weather that just came in the mail today! No heated gear for me cause that's outta my budget but ima keep riding every morning to and from the gym for as long as possible! Put on just a little over 11,000km on my little cbr since i got it last August in my first full year of ownership and riding so im hoping to keep it up lol

Went out for a ride today - actually regretted wearing my warmer jacket and gloves, it was too hot!

Been riding every day this week.

It's warm when the sun is out (high of 13°C), but the minute the sun sets, *boom* the temps drop down to the low single digits instantly.

Was 45 minutes from home when the sun set. I thought I could power through all the way home, but without a windshield and fairing, I caved in pretty quickly and had to pull over to put on my rainsuit to keep the windchill off me.

I rode in to work today for the first time in awhile. temperature was great but just as I got onto County rd 2 I saw some fire trucks on the side of the road.

As I drove by I saw a DRZ parked at the shoulder between the trucks. I see this rider almost daily. We commute the same route at the same time and often follow each other to town. Today I was running 5 mins late. Hopefully he's okay. the bike didn't look too bad but saw an ambulance heading in the same direction shortly later. There have been allot of deer out lately.

Back
Top Bottom