Who's still riding? (Fall & Winter 2020 Edition) | Page 12 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Who's still riding? (Fall & Winter 2020 Edition)

Hmmm, how do you know?

Sent from my Redmi 7A using Tapatalk
There is video to prove it somewhere :LOL: done it a couple of times. Ker-plunk, blub, blub, blub ...

bridgeoverkwai.jpg

Whatever you do, don't try duck paddling the bridge over the river Kwai.

Last edited:
guessing most if not all heated jackets can be hooked up to the battery tender cable?

or have some sort of an adaptor that fits on the jacket and the battery tender cable?
Perhaps? I'm not familiar with any heated gear other than the vest I own. I think @shanekingsley would know all about it.

guessing most if not all heated jackets can be hooked up to the battery tender cable?

or have some sort of an adaptor that fits on the jacket and the battery tender cable?
The typical standard is DC COAX, but if you already have an SAE battery tender pigtail, you can get a COAX to SAE adapter:

0000023_gerbing-12v-sae-to-female-adapter-cable.jpeg

I was at GP bikes on Friday, and they have Mobile Warming (Fieldsheer) heated vests, softshell jackets and softshell pants clearance priced for $99 each, final sale. 12v dual power (can be plugged into bike battery, or run on from its own 12v lithium battery pack), but the batteries aren't included and are about $60. Built-in temp controller, so plug and play.

Perhaps? I'm not familiar with any heated gear other than the vest I own. I think @shanekingsley would know all about it.
Congrats on the heated vest!
I think most jackets are running off the bike power. There are a few different common plugs and I like that they fit snug but don't clip into place, so there's no issue about forgetting to disconnect it - it will just slide apart if you forget to.

Although battery powered gear is growing by leaps and bounds, it's still more suitable for shorter rides as far as I know. For multi-day trips or long days, plugging into the bike's battery is still the way to go. I personally like the Warm'nSafe controllers and use the dual remote controller mounted to my brake fluid reservoir, which allows me to dial up and down the heat to any piece of heated gear while on the move. Dual Remote Control Heat-troller Set

Lastly I would say that everyone is different in how their body maintains heat. Some people do well with a heated vest, which is enough to keep their arms and fingers reasonable too. My hands get cold really easily (even riding at +10deg and hand-guards), so I need to have a heated jacket w/ sleeves and ideally a heated neck. I'll happily ride with it on until +20deg out.

I made the mistake of ignoring the forecast this morning. It was clear and cool riding downtown, by 2pm it was slightly slushy but on my way home near Yonge and Finch it was crazy.
Here's a video of the
fast forward to the middle-end for more snow lol

Sent from my BlackBerry Bold 9900

Last edited:
I made the mistake of ignoring the forecast this morning. It was clear and cool riding downtown, by 2pm it was slightly slushy but on my way home near Yonge and Finch it was crazy.
Here's a video of the

i took one look outside and wrote off even driving today.

you`re crazy!

i took one look outside and wrote off even driving today.

you`re crazy!
I was about to ditch and pickup tomorrow but traction was fine and roads were decent. Zero slips but wouldn't do this again on purpose.

man... I sometimes hate changing lanes through those slush in a car... I can only imagen how crappy it would be on a bike....
That and... I tried running summer tires (not all-seasons) on my car for a the first snow before... felt like I was on a skating rink....

Had nowhere to go anyway.
Now if the ski hills were open I would have driven through far worse than what we had on Sunday.:D⛷️
Yeah I totally get that, done the same many times. At least you know the conditions on the hill will be pretty good with crazy snow enroute.

Nice weather today. Rode out for a couple of hours around Halton and Milton in the afternoon to test the new boots. A bit stiff and had to fiddle around trying to up/downshift. Hopefully they'll break in, with a few more rides.

Sunday is looking damn good. I'll be out with a few friends planning the same.

There be something brewing for next Monday thru Wednesday that the weather prognosticators are getting all excited about. Environment Canada is being conservative at this point, but the online things like Instant Weather Ontario are already hinting a Category 3 KillStorm may be on the horizon...because they like whipping everyone into a frenzy.

Today was a great day to be out, after a late start for the morning to warm up. I just got back in.

Judging by the weather forecast, that's it for a while. I also need to pull my bike into the shop for some TLC; it needs tires. One set of Dunlop Q3+ lasted exactly the season ... they're done.

Nice day for sure, got back in as the clouds started to cover the sun. Did about 3 hours. The city was pretty dead, one benefit of lockdown makes it easy to get around.

toronto over dvp.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom