Who's still riding? (Fall & Winter 2020 Edition) | GTAMotorcycle.com

Who's still riding? (Fall & Winter 2020 Edition)

PrivatePilot

Ironus Butticus
Site Supporter
Well, might as well kick off this one again. ;)

I was looking at my odometer a few days ago (seeing how many miles I had on my new rear tire which picked up a nail and isn't holding air despite a plug, grrrrr) and I didn't even manage 20,000km this season...just over 19K at this point, and little prospect for much more long distance stuff I don't think, between the weather closing in, and freakin' work. Being out of the saddle for basically a month between a little getaway out east and a sciatica outbreak didn't help either.

I guess I shouldn't complain, for a Covid challenged summer in which (Back in March and April) I wondered if I'd get any significant mileage at all this season, it wasn't terrible after the fact, although I must admit, aside from going to Pickle Lake, the lack of big long rides was missed - I'd really wanted to do James Bay this year, had hoped to get back down to the dragon again this fall, etc.

I know a few friends who have already called it a season. I'm still hoping to get out for a few more decent rides before hitting things with stabilizer and reverting to the occasionally winter ride (as always), but frig...this summer flew by.

Agreed, 2020 has been rough

Wednesday and Friday look good though

I’ll keep riding til the snow sticks.
Hoping for a nice November and some days in December too. And then some more during the winter if the stars align.

This has been one of my best years for quality riding. Most years I hit around 30-40k mostly commuting, but this year I’m closer to 40k of just long day rides and a longer trip. I’ve only done about 500km commuting this year, since I’m working from home.

Ride safe as the temps drop everyone!

Last edited:
I' ve already got the streetglide up on the jack and the DR 650 ready for winter. I've been out at least once a month for the last 5 or so years. You need the right bike to do this though. Some winter months are cut quite close , but you need to take the day when it happens and the proper road that you're used to. I know i'll suffer the wrath of all those purists, but it gives me something to look forward to.

I need a few more rides before winter storage prep and enduring another long boring winter.
So I'm keeping an eye on the weather, riding buddies on speed dial and heated apparel on stand-by.
I'm afraid I'm going to have to visit the dark side by investing in a snowmobile to keep my sanity.
Looking to snow-check a new sled this spring now that I'm retired.

I need a few more rides before winter storage prep and enduring another long boring winter.
So I'm keeping an eye on the weather, riding buddies on speed dial and heated apparel on stand-by.
I'm afraid I'm going to have to visit the dark side by investing in a snowmobile to keep my sanity.
Looking to snow-check a new sled this spring now that I'm retired.
Try tire studs on the bikes, it's a blast. Make fun of winter.

will go for a rip this friday 21C, not sure where, . But I am slowly and reluctantly getting ready to put the bike away.
just curious MacDoc, what weather app is that?

I'll be on this thread until March I'll ride until there is ice and snow on the ground and until it melts. All season rider I guess.

Sent from my BlackBerry Bold 9900

I'll be on this thread until March I'll ride until there is ice and snow on the ground and until it melts. All season rider I guess.

Sent from my BlackBerry Bold 9900
image.jpg
Im in Porcupine, I think the riding season is done here, heard sleds this morning.

Reactions: J_F
166574a5f9d4b9ac70d2126ffdfb4a93.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom