Who's dreaming up something big for next year? | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Who's dreaming up something big for next year?

I've ridden 3 hours for a good chip truck
PA for a bakery...... damn they must be good butter tarts :)

When I was younger and bored, I drove a few times to Montreal for Schwartz's and some bagels for the drive back. Now that I think about it, wouldn't mind some of the above...

chili chicken is life.

Always ask for them to make it dry, oh so good. Anything Hakka is just plain awesome, though not terribly healthy ?

Amazing. Thanks. Eating it now. Not the easiest to eat in the car but good flavor, good heat and friendly people.

Annalakshmi 10086 hurontario.

its even better when eaten inside, the food gets a bit soggy depending on how they pack it but...such is the cost of covid

Hack, were you planning to ride out west for tuk? Some want to ride all the way but I may trailer out west with a buddy to save time (and skip a lot of super slabbing). Also that would mean not having to change tires out west.

2 weeks off at xmas (that i didn't want) had me looking at pics of old trips and Google Maps.
I missed Maggie Valley NC and the Smoky's in 2020
What do you think of the border being open by mid May?
What are the odds?
Or do you think 2021 will be another right off as far as going south is concerned?
Thoughts?

Last edited:
2 weeks off at xmas (that i didn't want) had me looking at pics of old trips and Google Maps.
What do you think of the boarder being open by mid May?
What are the odds?
Or do you think 2021 will be another right off as far as going south is concerned?
Thoughts?
Any international travel before september I put in the luck category. It may happen but I suspect until widespread vaccine rollout happens on both sides of a border not much will change.

What do you think of the boarder being open by mid May?
What are the odds?
Thoughts?
I think the land border may be open by then, but not sure if it will be somewhere I would travel and have confidence that travel medical insurance would cover anything Covid related and even worse - their hospital system might still be overstretched.

There is a VStrom event at Deals Gap in late May that I want to go to, but not at the expense of significant issues to deal with.

I’m optimistic that a fall colours trip down there is going to be possible. I won’t go down there until I have been vaccinated, so there’s that too.

US vaccine rollout is far ahead of us, but there's many questions about how many people will take it and how far gone some states are to start turning around, first. But I think by summer we'll see it open assuming things keep going well.

So considering that when I looked at the original schedule, I would be vaccinated no earlier than July (and I considered that optimistic at the time), and given the issues on getting needles into arms on both sides of the borders, I have no illusions regarding safe travel to the US in 2021. Ain’t gonna happen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The border will certainly reopen before complete vaccination is reached. Once the numbers start dropping drastically showing the Covid is struggling to spread as hosts become fewer, things will start to change. Reality is by then the border will have been closed for over a year and businesses and the public will start to scream to get things on the path to normalcy once the stats start showing a shift.

Reality is Covid19 is going to be endemic, like the flu. Once the spread starts to slow and the high risk categories are vaccinated and now protected (something that should happen by late spring or early summer on both sides of the border) we'll see restrictions start to loosen, particularly once the warm weather arrives and people are back outside again.

I'd still be careful about where I choose to travel (IE, Florida is off the menu) but some of the more sane US states, well, I'd go...with precautions.

really wanted to do the PCH and back up Rt 66 last summer
didn't happen of course

maybe this coming year

I did a bit of Rt 66 in Missouri to justify the baseball cap. If you read the guide books it becomes apparent that most of it is memories only. "At the corner of X and Y there used to be a great burger place, gas station, zoo or motel."

A lot of the quaint buildings are motels and restaurants. How often do you want to stop to eat or sleep?

The stretch I did was about as interesting as Highway 27 going through Bond Head. If I had to do it I would bypass the dull parts and enjoy the parts that have been revitalized.

I've ridden 3 hours for a good chip truck
PA for a bakery...... damn they must be good butter tarts :)
Amish country Ohio has decent riding and my favourite apple fritters are from the Amish Door in Winesberg.

The border will certainly reopen before complete vaccination is reached. Once the numbers start dropping drastically showing the Covid is struggling to spread as hosts become fewer, things will start to change. Reality is by then the border will have been closed for over a year and businesses and the public will start to scream to get things on the path to normalcy once the stats start showing a shift.

Reality is Covid19 is going to be endemic, like the flu. Once the spread starts to slow and the high risk categories are vaccinated and now protected (something that should happen by late spring or early summer on both sides of the border) we'll see restrictions start to loosen, particularly once the warm weather arrives and people are back outside again.

I'd still be careful about where I choose to travel (IE, Florida is off the menu) but some of the more sane US states, well, I'd go...with precautions.

Once the numbers are better and indicate a return to sanity there will be a lot of pent up travel mania. Except for politicians that just kept on going and going and going. Travel costs may be much higher than before.

I saw a big rise from 2008 when I started riding into the states and later years. The high Canadian dollar back then made big difference. The tourism industry will have to make up for lost ground as well.

I'll probably start with day trips to upper New York State but do the longer trips in Canada. One is our economy will need all the help it can get. Secondly I have some standing invitations from N.S. and MB.

2021 Building an extreme enduro track, going to attempt to host at least one FIM sanctioned event,
because nobody else in the entire country seems to be doing anything even close to that.

With covid rules in place, it should actually be a little easier because we won't need to accommodate spectators, participants only.

.... you guys thinking you need to go south of the border to have fun and hope to stay clear of infected anything :/ good luck with that, the USA is wall to wall people.

Going to fly into Edmonton, rent a truck and pickup my son in LacLaBiche and drive up to Yellowknife. Camp with the bears and mosquitos. There is nothing much to see but scrub pine, rocks and rivers, but I understand there are fish along the way that have never seen baited hook so looking forward to that.

Going to fly into Edmonton, rent a truck and pickup my son in LacLaBiche and drive up to Yellowknife. Camp with the bears and mosquitos. There is nothing much to see but scrub pine, rocks and rivers, but I understand there are fish along the way that have never seen baited hook so looking forward to that.
Likely very true, the natives probably fish with nets or explosives.

Back
Top Bottom