Who's dreaming up something big for next year? | Page 4 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Who's dreaming up something big for next year?

Was looking this yr to do the trans lab run, Hopefully they don't have it all paved next yr before i get my chance to lay down a few miles in the gravel. If things are going good i would cross to NF and ride down and grab the ferry back to CB then scoot home. was hoping to do this ride in a 3wk span
I have been eyeing the TL too. The riding is hard from what I have heard. Like JBR, the scenery doesn’t change much.

Worse are the bugs. I met a guy at the MC show last December, he showed me pics of his rad so clogged with black flies that it was overheating his bike. Tough ? too.

oooooo black flies on the open prairies, now there's a scary thought.

The wife is on the short list for vaccination. That doesn’t help me any. But, I know there is a bunch of roads I can get lost on around this country. Will see how things flush out this winter. The numbers don’t look good but, the deaths appear to impact the age group above my own presently. Not saying I’m clear of any worry. Just looking at numbers.

Pretty sure there will be plenty of opportunity to get out and explore and have fun. But, no plans and I kind of like it that way.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I have been eyeing the TL too. The riding is hard from what I have heard. Like JBR, the scenery doesn’t change much.

Worse are the bugs. I met a guy at the MC show last December, he showed me pics of his rad so clogged with black flies that it was overheating his bike. Tough ? too.
Still like to give it a try, even if Covid is not yet gone,

At least get to Labrador

I was supposed to head out to Edmonton in the summer for a cousins wedding. Obviously that did not happen. Had a route plotted through the US, see some sites, some amazing scenery along the border states. I have trips planned I could do any time but I am not really holding out hope for anything this year unfortunately. If things changed all I need to do is drop the trip into my Nav and hit the road.

Going to fly into Edmonton, rent a truck and pickup my son in LacLaBiche and drive up to Yellowknife. Camp with the bears and mosquitos. There is nothing much to see but scrub pine, rocks and rivers, but I understand there are fish along the way that have never seen baited hook so looking forward to that.
Did a similar trip with my uncle a few years ago. We did it in an F250 with a camper in the bed.

The bears and mosquitos still visit, but they don’t torment you while sleeping.

That's pretty cool but I never said it, that's a crankcall post

Anyone been to Tuk? There's chatter about it as a destination. Some want to ride all the way , as they should, but I don't have time so we're thinking about trailering to Yellowknife or there abouts.

Anyone been to Tuk? There's chatter about it as a destination. Some want to ride all the way , as they should, but I don't have time so we're thinking about trailering to Yellowknife or there abouts.
wife has been twice for business, flew in nearby then drove.

Depending on how the wedding/honeymoon plays out i may hit Thailand in the fall for some riding, was supposed to go this Spring. We shall see!

Contact CCAC. There's help out there for these situations, and not all of it you have to pay for.
Thanks for the suggestion. We tried to work with them for as long as we could. With recent health care cutbacks, it's a horrible system to deal with. They give each patient 6 weeks of care and then you are cutoff. Each region has about 5 times the number of managers than is required and they never communicate with each other.
Fortunately my wife is a retired banker with a defined pension and benefits.

Thanks for the suggestion. We tried to work with them for as long as we could. With recent health care cutbacks, it's a horrible system to deal with. They give each patient 6 weeks of care and then you are cutoff. Each region has about 5 times the number of managers than is required and they never communicate with each other.
Fortunately my wife is a retired banker with a defined pension and benefits.
That's interesting about your experience with the CCAC (now LHIN).

I used them for about 10 years with my Dad and he was assigned a really good case manager. They were coming to him 5 days a week for 90 minutes per day - 45 in the morning and 45 in the evening to assist with all sorts of things. And hooked us up with various assessments and therapists for different types of limited services. This was in the west Toronto area. He was originally assigned a mental health case manager, but after his mental health issues were sorted out, the same case manager stayed on to maintain continuity of care.

I don't know if things have changed for the better or worse in your area since your experience with them and perhaps much of it has to do with who the assigned case manager is.

I won't say a whole lot except that I have a lot of first hand knowledge.

Being a strong and firm advocate, and not being afraid to become the squeaky wheel that gets greased is the path to follow. And don't be afraid to politely go over peoples heads if you don't feel like your needs are being met.

That's interesting about your experience with the CCAC (now LHIN).

I used them for about 10 years with my Dad and he was assigned a really good case manager. They were coming to him 5 days a week for 90 minutes per day - 45 in the morning and 45 in the evening to assist with all sorts of things. And hooked us up with various assessments and therapists for different types of limited services. This was in the west Toronto area. He was originally assigned a mental health case manager, but after his mental health issues were sorted out, the same case manager stayed on to maintain continuity of care.

I don't know if things have changed for the better or worse in your area since your experience with them and perhaps much of it has to do with who the assigned case manager is.
I had nothing but praise for the system 7 years ago when my Mom needed help. Same for my Dad 10 years ago.
The Ford cutbacks have really hurt the system. My wife spent 2 months in Freeport hospital last year. She still suffers from the experience. If i told you the details, you wouldn't believe me.

Extended hours of operation killed it. (CCAC)

Had friends who did the TL a couple years ago. They said it wasn't as bad as the TransTaiga road wise but the bugs were the worst. I agree that once you're in the land of the stunted pine the scenery doesn't change much.

Back
Top Bottom